Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Want to make sure this is seen....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    The point is -- it's far more objective to measure "how good a team actually was" instead of just "how many wins they had".
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's usually done when comparing teams from different conferences- Until last November, in my 44 years I've never heard people talk about a team from the same conference having a better season when they won fewer games overall as well as in conference, and then went to a worse bowl game.
    And you'd never seen a 14 team league with crazily unbalanced schedules either. There is far less parity in the schedules now -- a fact that is undeniable.

The only reason they won fewer games than us is because they lost to a 9-win Vanderbilt and 12-win Georgia team -- while we beat a 2-10 Kentucky and 5-7 Tennessee. Such is the luck of scheduling now with 14 teams.

Find me any end of season unbiased ranking metric that says we were a better team than Ole Miss last year -- because EVERY unbiased metric I've seen had them as better than us. I'm a big fan of using the computer metrics to determine "how good a team actually was". I think it's the best/most accurate method going.
    Last edited by engie; 11-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Find me any end of season unbiased ranking metric that says we were a better team than Ole Miss last year -- because EVERY unbiased metric I've seen had them as better than us...Sagarin had them at 24th and us at 42nd for instance.
    I dont have to find shit

4-4 in the SEC is better than 3-5 in the SEC
    8 wins is > 7 wins
    Gator Bowl > Shitty Birmingham bowl

Those are all the metrics needed

If you cant understand that you are stupid and I cant help you
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    And you'd never seen a 14 team league with crazily unbalanced schedules either. There is far less parity in the schedules now -- a fact that is undeniable.

The only reason they won fewer games than us is because they lost to a 9-win Vanderbilt and 12-win Georgia team -- while we beat a 2-10 Kentucky and 5-7 Tennessee. Such is the luck of scheduling now with 14 teams.
    By your logic- A&M had a better season than Bama last year

A&M beat Bama
    Bama played Mizzou and Tenn- both had losing records....but A&M had to play Sugar Bowl team Florida from the East- making it an unfair schedule
    Only 1 loss difference between the teams

A&M had a better season than the National Champs...good to know

vCash
    I dont have to find shit

Uh oh, name calling. The tell-tale sign of someone losing an argument and knowing it.

vCash
    This is a long, stupid, and pointless thread. Our biggest game of the year is Saturday. Let's hear about that

vCash
    I dont have to find shit

8 wins is > 7 wins

None of those things are relevant to who was a better team. You are literally doing with last year what you accuse people of doing with this year.

Banned
    vCash
    If you cant enjoy 8 win seasons at Miss State- you wont ever be happy
    Enjoyment comes from signs of hope. Enjoyment comes from overcoming tension. Putting out a dumpster fire does not provoke these feelings. Tennessee was enjoyable.

But compared to the absolute unenjoyable nature of A&M, Bama, LSU, OM, and NW the nature of our badness vastly outweighed any semblance of good. Expected wins and big game beat downs don't do it for me even if we have 8 wins! 8 wins!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Uh oh, name calling. The tell-tale sign of someone losing an argument and knowing it.
    It also tells something about the character of the poster.

vCash
    I dont have to find shit

8 wins is > 7 wins

You haven't adequately or accurately refuted a thing I said. You don't want to look at the unbiased metrics because you already know that you don't like what they tell you.

You could argue that "MSU had a better season" last year -- and I might agree. But you'd have to be deaf, blind, and stupid to say MSU had a better TEAM last year. This was proven with an exclamation point on the field --- and in practically EVERY UNBIASED COMPUTER METRIC OUT THERE.

That's what I said already -- and backtracking to preschool logic and namecalling doesn't change a thing about it.

By your logic, Florida 2010 > MSU 2010 because Outback Bowl > Gator Bowl and 4-4 SEC = 4-4 SEC. So, the better team gets the better bowl, right?

vCash
    You haven't adequately or accurately refuted a thing I said. You don't want to look at the unbiased metrics because you already know that you don't like what they tell you.

You could argue that "MSU had a better season" last year -- and I might agree. But you'd have to be deaf, blind, and stupid to say MSU had a better TEAM last year. This was proven with an exclamation point on the field --- and in practically EVERY UNBIASED COMPUTER METRIC OUT THERE.

That's what I said already -- and backtracking to preschool logic and namecalling doesn't change a thing about it.

By your logic, Florida 2010 > MSU 2010 because Outback Bowl > Gator Bowl and 4-4 SEC = 4-4 SEC. So, the better team gets the better bowl, right?
    damn, this thread is a beatdown. Let's take it easy on Coach, he seems to be having a bad betting season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Enjoyment comes from signs of hope. Enjoyment comes from overcoming tension. Putting out a dumpster fire does not provoke these feelings. Tennessee was enjoyable.

But compared to the absolute unenjoyable nature of A&M, Bama, LSU, OM, and NW the nature of our badness vastly outweighed any semblance of good. Expected wins and big game beat downs don't do it for me even if we have 8 wins! 8 wins!
    Streaks factor heavily also. Last year was frustrating because most all the games we lost were consecutive losses.

Look at OM this year. With a few losses in a row they were poring gasoline into dumpsters.

vCash
    By your logic- A&M had a better season than Bama last year

A&M beat Bama
    Bama played Mizzou and Tenn- both had losing records....but A&M had to play Sugar Bowl team Florida from the East- making it an unfair schedule
    Only 1 loss difference between the teams

A&M had a better season than the National Champs...good to know
    Uh -- NO.

Good job of leaving off BY FAR the most important part of my analysis to try to fit your ridiculous agenda though.

By EVERY unbiased computer metric out there, Alabama was superior to aTm. Much in the same way that Ole Miss was superior to us in every unbiased metric. The lowest Bama was in ANY computer metric out there = #3. They were ranked ahead of aTm in 123 of 124 computer metrics shown on the Massey composite...
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/compare2012-15.htm

vCash
    I dont have to find shit

8 wins is > 7 wins

vCash

You could argue that "MSU had a better season" last year -- and I might agree.
    Ummmm- wtf am I missing? This is what I've been saying?

I said "Only a dumb mf'er thinks 8-5 (4-4 in the SEC) and a Gator bowl was a worse season than 7-6 (3-5 in the SEC) and a shit bowl in B'ham. You would almost have to be a toothless methhead Gump to be stupid enough to think that

Then I said "Anybody that thinks less wins are better than more wins is ****ing rahtard"

Thanks for finally agreeing we had the better season....took you long enough. I havent one time said we were the better team. Some of you need to learn to read.

vCash
    Uh -- NO.

Good job of leaving off BY FAR the most important part of my analysis to try to fit your ridiculous agenda though.

By EVERY unbiased computer metric out there, Alabama was superior to aTm. Much in the same way that Ole Miss was superior to us in every unbiased metric. The lowest Bama was in ANY computer metric out there = #3. They were ranked ahead of aTm in 123 of 124 computer metrics shown on the Massey composite...
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/compare2012-15.htm
    Nooooo- I used the unbalanced SEC schedule that you used to measure State and Ole Miss. You brought up the unbalanced schedule- not me. Dont get mad when it doesnt work out like you wanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    damn, this thread is a beatdown. Let's take it easy on Coach, he seems to be having a bad betting season.
    beatdown? He just ****ing agreed with the point I was making. Game Over.

vCash
    Nooooo- I used the unbalanced SEC schedule that you used to measure State and Ole Miss. You brought up the unbalanced schedule- not me. Dont get mad when it doesnt work out like you wanted.
    You mean when you go to twisting shit by omitting the ENTIRE BASIS of my point to fit your agenda?

Where did I bring up unbalanced schedules without also bringing up the FACT THAT COMPUTER METRICS BECOME THE BEST WAY TO MEASURE THE ACTUAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TEAMS with hugely unbalanced schedules?

And you are bitching about MY reading comprehension? Seems to me that someone else needs to "learn to ****ing read".
    Last edited by engie; 11-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    wow- that's why you and the BCS are so flawed. It doesnt take a computer to see who had the best season.

Less wins, less conference wins, and a lower bowl means better season. Gotcha
    Unbalanced schedule matters when its State-Ole Miss- but not when it's Bama-A&M
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-20-2013 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    wow- that's why you and the BCS are so flawed. It doesnt take a computer to see who had the best season.

Less wins, less conference wins, and a lower bowl means better season. Gotcha
    LOL -- "me and the bcs are so flawed" huh?

Coach34 -- Smarter than MATH!

We should just drop to C-USA so we can have "better seasons" by Coach34 standards...