Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Want to make sure this is seen....

vCash
    It all has to do with expectations. When we started out at 8-0, we had great expectations from there, and any let down would me magnified. Ole miss was exactly the opposite last year. They had zero expectations, or at least the ones I work with, so anything positive was exaggerated too. When you step back, most logical people would rather have the overall season we had last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalkdawg View Post
    It all has to do with expectations. When we started out at 8-0, we had great expectations from there, and any let down would me magnified. Ole miss was exactly the opposite last year. They had zero expectations, or at least the ones I work with, so anything positive was exaggerated too. When you step back, most logical people would rather have the overall season we had last year.
    It was 7-0, and I disagree. Most logical people could tell that Ole miss was rising while we were falling.

Mark my words, those same people that were saying "we had a better season last year because 8 wins is better than 7"....will be the same ones this year saying "well technically we had a better season than them because we ended the year winning and beat Ole miss...even though their record was one win better, we had the better year".

vCash
    Your talking about momentum, and a week from now we should get that back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Croom Diaries View Post
    We are right in the middle never losing to team with a SEC record less than 6-2 except to Ole Miss last year who was 3-5 and Auburn in 2011 who was 4-4 - which were the only games we were favored in. .
    We were not favored last year vs OM. The only game Mullen has lost that we were favored in was at Auburn in 2011
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-20-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    A week from tomorrow actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It was 7-0, and I disagree. Most logical people could tell that Ole miss was rising while we were falling.

Mark my words, those same people that were saying "we had a better season last year because 8 wins is better than 7"....will be the same ones this year saying "well technically we had a better season than them because we ended the year winning and beat Ole miss...even though their record was one win better, we had the better year".
    Anybody that says that is a moron- the only way we could have a better season than OM this year is if they lose out and we win out. 7 wins each and we have the Egg

Only a dumb mf'er thinks 8-5 (4-4 in the SEC) and a Gator bowl was a worse season than 7-6 (3-5 in the SEC) and a shit bowl in B'ham. You would almost have to be a toothless methhead Gump to be stupid enough to think that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Anybody that says that is a moron- the only way we could have a better season than OM this year is if they lose out and we win out. 7 wins each and we have the Egg

Only a dumb mf'er thinks 8-5 (4-4 in the SEC) and a Gator bowl was a worse season than 7-6 (3-5 in the SEC) and a shit bowl in B'ham. You would almost have to be a toothless methhead Gump to be stupid enough to think that
    Again, watch and see what happens if we win the last two and ole miss loses their last two....your ass will be the ring leader of "we had a better season!" Even though by your logic in this post, we didn't.

You probably won't do it now that I pointed it out, but just wait and see, several will.

But record does NOT always say who had the better season. Different competition equals different results, which equals no way to compare apples to apples. For instance, 8-4 with our schedule this year, is likely better than most any other SEC team going 9-3 and a better bowl. Because we have a much tougher schedule than most this year.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-20-2013 at 06:23 PM.

vCash

I didn't enjoy our season last year at all. I enjoyed the UT game, that's it. All of the Ole Miss fans I know enjoyed the hell out of their season.

vCash
    Again, watch and see what happens if we win the last two and ole miss loses their last two....your ass will be the ring leader of "we had a better season!" Even though by your logic in this post, we didn't.

You probably won't do it now that I pointed it out, but just wait and see, several will..
    You seriously need to stop speaking for me- you are terrible at it.

Anybody that thinks less wins are better than more wins is ****ing rahtard. End of story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I didn't enjoy our season last year at all. .
    If you cant enjoy 8 win seasons at Miss State- you wont ever be happy

vCash

Anybody that thinks less wins are better than more wins is ****ing rahtard. End of story
    You like Louisville's season this year better than our season in 2010?

vCash
    If you cant enjoy 8 win seasons at Miss State- you wont ever be happy
    wrong buddy, I enjoyed the hell out of our 5-7 season in Mullen's first year. We had tough non-conference. We beat the hell out of OM. We took LSU to the wire. That's was an enjoyable season to me. The product we have put on the field the last 3 years is not up to par.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Mullen may not have raised the ceiling of the MSU program, but I think it's definitely a fair thing to say that he has raised the floor. The days of 2-3 win seasons are long gone. I also don't think 0 or 1 win SEC seasons are possible either.

He has proven to be consistent - now what level of consistency is probably an issue, but you can't argue that he hasn't at a minimum raised the floor of MSU football and that is no easy task.

In five years he has proven that he won't turn MSU into a dumpster fire. That may sound like a trivial point, but based on our current history, its not something to be glossed over.
    Well put

vCash

Haha, you have no clue then.

So by your logic, a Sunbelt team that wins 9 games is better than a SEC team that wins 8? Thanks for pointing out who the rahtard is.

vCash

So by your logic, a Sunbelt team that wins 9 games is better than a SEC team that wins 8? Thanks for pointing out who the rahtard is.
    Why are you changing conferences? Dont change the subject

4-4 in the SEC is better than 3-5 in the SEC
    8 wins is > 7 wins
    Gator Bowl > Shitty Birmingham bowl

If you cant understand that you are stupid and I cant help you

vCash
    The point is -- it's far more objective to measure "how good a team actually was" instead of just "how many wins they had".

vCash

I would rather have 7 wins with one being them than 8 wins and a loss to them that let's them get in a bowl game. That said, that wouldn't mean we had a better season. it would just mean we won Mississippi... and this is still Our State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    The point is -- it's far more objective to measure "how good a team actually was" instead of just "how many wins they had".
    That's usually done when comparing teams from different conferences- Until last November, in my 44 years I've never heard people talk about a team from the same conference having a better season when they won fewer games overall as well as in conference, and then went to a worse bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I would rather have 7 wins with one being them than 8 wins and a loss to them that let's them get in a bowl game. That said, that wouldn't mean we had a better season.
    Of course it wouldnt- there would be no way to justify it

vCash
    Just wanted to be the 100th post in this thread.

What do I win?