Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chalk another one up to the Pigs. Sounds like Brule is on the verge on announcing

vCash
    Meltdown queens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Both those HC's have recruiting experience and ties in the south. It doesnt come down to just the HC but their staffs probably all have played the game down here before.

Moorhead, Huff, Lukabu, Breiner, Getsy havent.
    We’re getting better players. We’re finally moving away from what our previous staff bumfucled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We’re getting better players. We’re finally moving away from what our previous staff bumfucled.
    Right on!

vCash
    I like Moorhead. But if we don't sign 20 this is a huge disappointment. Period. I'll let it play out though.

Banned
    vCash
    I am disappointed in this melt thread. It's not a real melt thread till Shotgun joins in the freak out.

vCash
    It?s amazing at how many adults complain about the instant gratification society our kids live in, then come on a message board and complain because our brand new coach hasn?t gotten commits from any ?new? players in two months to appease their sense of a need to compete with other schools. Some of us just want any kind of commit to make ourselves feel better. That?s a total loss of perspective.

Signing today isn?t today folks. We are going to be fine. If you are concerned about us losing 3 middle of the road guys to Arkansas, you?ve lost all perspective on what?s going on. Calm the hell down and let our staff do their job. They don?t need arm chair recruiters telling them what to do. If you can?t notice that this staff is doing everything a hell of a lot better than the previous staff than you don?t understand anything about teenagers, what they value, and the process we are going through to make ourselves a more recognizable brand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I like Moorhead. But if we don't sign 20 this is a huge disappointment. Period. I'll let it play out though.
    Currently at 15 signees. We have 4 commits... 1 will not qualify and 1 will flip any minute. This puts us at 17. Obviously the 3 we want are Sampson, Lovett, and smith. If we get those great; but if we miss, we are really starting to reach, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It?s amazing at how many adults complain about the instant gratification society our kids live in, then come on a message board and complain because our brand new coach hasn?t gotten commits from any ?new? players in two months to appease their sense of a need to compete with other schools. Some of us just want any kind of commit to make ourselves feel better. That?s a total loss of perspective.

Signing today isn?t today folks. We are going to be fine. If you are concerned about us losing 3 middle of the road guys to Arkansas, you?ve lost all perspective on what?s going on. Calm the hell down and let our staff do their job. They don?t need arm chair recruiters telling them what to do. If you can?t notice that this staff is doing everything a hell of a lot better than the previous staff than you don?t understand anything about teenagers, what they value, and the process we are going through to make ourselves a more recognizable brand.
    It is actually 4 that ark is close to hitting us for.

If the same guys all flipped/committed to om, the melt here would be pushing level 10. Ark is an sec west school too though, so I do not like losing kids to them. If all of those guys signed with us, everyone would be celebrating them as real sleepers in this class or whatever. I hate the we did not want them anyway...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Currently at 15 signees. We have 4 commits... 1 will not qualify and 1 will flip any minute. This puts us at 17. Obviously the 3 we want are Sampson, Lovett, and smith. If we get those great; but if we miss, we are really starting to reach, right?
    You read what I said, and ill stand by it.... recruiting is by and far a relationship game. And kudos to the staff for hanging on to the top 14 of 15. But we have to sign 20 sec players. Not 20 throw ins. And the 20 wouldn't be that big of a deal except that we will have attrition this spring and we have a huge sr class w early entries next year. Dan started this mess, don't need to make it worse. Again, I won't jump until signing day, plans are place, just get 20 sec guys... in school

vCash

If the same guys all flipped/committed to om, the melt here would be pushing level 10. Ark is an sec west school too though, so I do not like losing kids to them. If all of those guys signed with us, everyone would be celebrating them as real sleepers in this class or whatever. I hate the we did not want them anyway...
    That’s why we aren’t a good fan base at recruiting. If we are losing middle tier recruits to rivals or conference foes and melting, then we aren’t good and we need to realize that.

We have an extreme lack of knowledge as a fan base about recruiting. Plain and simple. We aren’t good at it. Even losing 4 middle tier 3 stars to a team we’ve clearly surpassed doesn’t bother me. If Brule and Mason and a couple others are not replaceable and the difference between being good and bad, we aren’t anywhere close to being a good football program.

I’m not going to judge this class yet because it’s not over yet. There’s more than a week left and our staff is working hard. Melting is a pack mentality to make everyone feel better about being unsure. Let the damn staff do their job. People want to know what’s going on. I get it. But let Moorhead at least get through one small portion of a recruiting cycle before we start getting scared about Arkansas passing us.

vCash
    What scares me more is we are in bad low at ol, cb and lb for the future.....and dl isn't far behind. Actually dl is worse than ol except ol takes longer to mature. 2019 and our dl Will be super young.

vCash

I’m with you on this. We wouldn’t be recruiting them and spending resources on them if we didn’t want them. Now that said, I’m not melting over them either. It was a good job by our staff to get back on Lovett, push for smith, and hopefully pull this lineman from Michigan. Our old staff wouldn’t come close to doing this. I only hope we replace guys we lost off our board with equally talented guys. No need signing guys that won’t hack it in the sec. Just need to get through this year and next year will show what our coaching staff is really made of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    That’s why we aren’t a good fan base at recruiting. If we are losing middle tier recruits to rivals or conference foes and melting, then we aren’t good and we need to realize that.

We have an extreme lack of knowledge as a fan base about recruiting. Plain and simple. We aren’t good at it. Even losing 4 middle tier 3 stars to a team we’ve clearly surpassed doesn’t bother me. If Brule and Mason and a couple others are not replaceable and the difference between being good and bad, we aren’t anywhere close to being a good football program.

I’m not going to judge this class yet because it’s not over yet. There’s more than a week left and our staff is working hard. Melting is a pack mentality to make everyone feel better about being unsure. Let the damn staff do their job. People want to know what’s going on. I get it. But let Moorhead at least get through one small portion of a recruiting cycle before we start getting scared about Arkansas passing us.

This whole post couldn't have been said any better, but especially the bold part. Those types of posters just don't realize how many people get fed up with the "The sky is falling mentality in recruiting" comments. Hopefully they will understand your post.

vCash

LOL ON the 4th one (Brule) that is based on what Shotgun heard. On one other one.... Let's just say this is a what if scenario. If it was indicated to a recruit that they would have a job with a major nationwide ARK corporation when they graduated, then do you think that may have some bearing on their decision on where they go to school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    LOL ON the 4th one (Brule) that is based on what Shotgun heard. On one other one.... Let's just say this is a what if scenario. If it was indicated to a recruit that they would have a job with a major nationwide ARK corporation when they graduated, then do you think that may have some bearing on their decision on where they go to school?
    Shotgun must have convinced Robbie too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I?m with you on this. We wouldn?t be recruiting them and spending resources on them if we didn?t want them. Now that said, I?m not melting over them either. It was a good job by our staff to get back on Lovett, push for smith, and hopefully pull this lineman from Michigan. Our old staff wouldn?t come close to doing this. I only hope we replace guys we lost off our board with equally talented guys. No need signing guys that won?t hack it in the sec. Just need to get through this year and next year will show what our coaching staff is really made of.

And the OL recruit from KS should be an upgrade too.

vCash
    Didn’t know it took a Upig degree to run a Walmart register!******

vCash
    Sorry haven’t seen him. Elaborate please

vCash
    Shotgun must have convinced Robbie too

I hadn't seen what Robbie said, but I doubt he is one of Robbie's source.

vCash
    Hopefully he does not commit to Nebraska on official this week