Page 137 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    I don't believe we're going to flip Ealy. I did at one time, but that's changed. If he decommits, then we can talk, but right now, I don't see him flipping. I don't know if Gray flips to us, but I believe he's going to flip to somebody, and we're in that mix. I also know if we thought we had a RB lined up, we wouldn't have just dropped more offers to RBs.
    I won't be surprised if we offer Clark if we don't have a commit by Nov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Ealy is a 5-8 kid from the academy league. I know his highlights are insane, but are we sure he's a legit SEC back 2-3 years from now? I wonder what real coaches say about him?
    Ealy is a freak of an athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't believe we're going to flip Ealy. I did at one time, but that's changed.
    This is frustrating because it runs contrary to the logic used to explain why OM is getting WR commits over us.

I completely understand why WRs would currently choose OM over us, but that same logic SHOULD help us in RB recruiting, right?

We are one of the best running teams in the conference & now have the coaches that just developed the #2 overall pick.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is frustrating because it runs contrary to the logic used to explain why OM is getting WR commits over us.

I completely understand why WRs would currently choose OM over us, but that same logic SHOULD help us in RB recruiting, right?

We are one of the best running teams in the conference & now have the coaches that just developed the #2 overall pick.
    Boom. That is right. MSU didn't have the number 2 pick though.

vCash

Our top rusher was 6th in the SEC last year. Our passing game was 7th. Not much difference. Take away the QB rushing yards and we weren't that special. We're talking RB recruiting. We've had what? 1 RB drafted in forever.

vCash
    Wait so you understand the WR>OM narrative but you don't understand Emory choosing UGA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Wait so you understand the WR>OM narrative but you don't understand Emory choosing UGA?

Pretty sure we were talking about Ealy. Good try though.

Are you a troll? Always interesting when a low post count person comes on here talking trash

vCash
    Our top rusher was 6th in the SEC last year. Our passing game was 7th. Not much difference. Take away the QB rushing yards and we weren't that special. We're talking RB recruiting. We've had what? 1 RB drafted in forever.
    Norwood, Boobie, Ballard, & J Rob recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    Ealy is a 5-8 kid from the academy league. I know his highlights are insane, but are we sure he's a legit SEC back 2-3 years from now? I wonder what real coaches say about him?
    I remember a MS academy running back being All-SEC over Brandon bolden, Vick Ballard, Mark Ingram, and Trent Richardson. If you are worried about academy level of play, then we need to quit recruiting 1A, 2A, and maybe 3A public schools. Which would be idiotic. Would have cost us Zo Miller, Jamal Peters (got beat by Jackson Prep), Jon Banks, Kaleb Eulls (got absolutely destroyed by MRA), etc. If guys can play, then sign them. If not, don't sign them.

vCash
    Norwood, Boobie, Ballard, & J Rob recently.
    Most kids today have never heard of 2 of those. Probably 3 of them. Let's not act like we're pumping out NFL talent at RB on regular basis. None of those guys did much in the NFL.

vCash
    Pretty sure we were talking about Ealy. Good try though.

Are you a troll? Always interesting when a low post count person comes on here talking trash
    Must be a troll since I have a low post count. That seems to be your go to accusation. Why would I troll only you and no one else if I were a MSU troll? When does one's opinion become validated through post counts on the internet? This question is for anyone. Not just Shotgun.

You're the very person who brought up the WR>OM question to begin with. Not like I brought it up out of the blue or anything. Guess having your previous posts brought up and contradicting yourself calls for another deflection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Must be a troll since I have a low post count. That seems to be your go to accusation. Why would I troll only you and no one else if I were a troll? When does one's opinion become validated through post counts on the internet? This question is for anyone. Not just Shotgun.

You're the very person who brought up the WR>OM question to begin with. Not like I brought it up out of the blue or anything. Guess having your previous posts brought up and contradicting yourself calls for another deflection.
    But you then responded to my post with a completely off base comment about Emery, who no one was even discussing.

vCash
    I think shotgun should be hired as recruiting coordinator. He definitely has a passion for it. Sorry that post count is so low; I'll keep trolling you to get my post count up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I remember a MS academy running back being All-SEC over Brandon bolden, Vick Ballard, Mark Ingram, and Trent Richardson. If you are worried about academy level of play, then we need to quit recruiting 1A, 2A, and maybe 3A public schools. Which would be idiotic. Would have cost us Zo Miller, Jamal Peters (got beat by Jackson Prep), Jon Banks, Kaleb Eulls (got absolutely destroyed by MRA), etc. If guys can play, then sign them. If not, don't sign them.
    Why doesnt Prep play a 5A or 6A team if they are so good

vCash
    Most kids today have never heard of 2 of those. Probably 3 of them. Let's not act like we're pumping out NFL talent at RB on regular basis. None of those guys did much in the NFL.
    They all got drafted was the point. I dont think Ealy ever plays CFB but people said the same thing about Ginn too so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Why doesnt Prep play a 5A or 6A team if they are so good
    I never said they were good. I said you don't judge the player by the team. You judge the player by their ability. I wanted Kaleb Eulls because he was a helluva prospect. I didn't care that his team sucked and got their doors blown off each week. If Ealy can play then I want him. I'm not going to turn him down because of what league he plays in.

Ealy's level of competition will make his highlight tape look better. Just like it did for a Dicenzo Miller. They didn't play at the highest level like a Norwood. But Ealy's competition is better than what Dicenzo Miller faced every Friday night.

I've never understood why people cite "level of competition" when we recruit an academy player, but don't mention it when we recruit a 1A or 2A public school player.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 08-09-2018 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    They all got drafted was the point. I dont think Ealy ever plays CFB but people said the same thing about Ginn too so
    And I guessed 1 recently. It was 2. The other two matter not. My point still stands we aren’t putting RBs in the NFL regulartly and our running game with the RB is middle of the pack in the SEC.

vCash
    RB, except for a few very elite players, has just become a cookie cutter position where players rotate in and out of the NFL at a very high rate. Its the reason very few warrant first round picks anymore. I will say though that it is a shame that Norwood (Falcons) and Ballard (Colts) were both headed for VERY nice NFL careers but both got injured. In today's NFL, if you get the least bit hampered with injury as a RB they just roll the next guy in and shuttle the injured guy out the door.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 08-09-2018 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I never said they were good. I said you don't judge the player by the team. You judge the player by their ability. I wanted Kaleb Eulls because he was a helluva prospect. I didn't care that his team sucked and got their doors blown off each week. If Ealy can play then I want him. I'm not going to turn him down because of what league he plays in.

Ealy's level of competition will make his highlight tape look better. Just like it did for a Dicenzo Miller. They didn't play at the highest level like a Norwood. But Ealy's competition is better than what Dicenzo Miller faced every Friday night.

I've never understood why people cite "level of competition" when we recruit an academy player, but don't mention it when we recruit a 1A or 2A public school player.
    Fair enough. Good points

vCash
    And I guessed 1 recently. It was 2. The other two matter not. My point still stands we aren’t putting RBs in the NFL regulartly and our running game with the RB is middle of the pack in the SEC.
    I cant remember how many of sherrills RBs got drafted but every one of them that started for Dan besides Perkins got drafted.

Thats a pretty good track record. Pretty regular occurence