Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Gov Cup Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    How do you know that? Maybe or maybe not. Smith is our closer. 1.1 era, they bombed Him, he threw a shitty breaking ball up 2 strikes.
    His body language was terrible during and after his warm up pitches. I was thinking he looked like he knew he didn't have his best stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    RPI at 35.
    Hell yeah! We just need to take care of bid'ness.

I tell ya what, this season has turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Henderson’s bungling and stupid decisions have at least cost us 6-7 games. He’s put wrong pitchers in, left pitchers in too long, and played players in positions they have never played in their life. At this point, the team is winning in spite of him.
    Yep, I have faced palmed several games. But tonight it was on our pitchers not Henderson. Neff ****ed up and walked the lead-off man. smith is our closer and he gave up two seeds. That is not Hendersons fault. The stupidest move was by Bianco putting the winning run on first base. Now that is a real coaching dumbass move.

vCash
    Luke Alexander aka “foam bat”. Sometimes I think C34 had his meltdown on purpose, because he knew “Belmont” would get the last laugh. How clutch has he been. Great interview after the game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    His body language was terrible during and after his warm up pitches. I was thinking he looked like he knew he didn't have his best stuff.
    So now we need to watch out for body language, get the **** out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Folks...Henderson didn't want to use up arms tonight even if it is uofm. This weekend is more important.
    That's not why Henderson took him out. Henderson said himself in postgame it was a matchup thing. Said it just didn't work out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    LA when asked about Bianco walking Jake to get to Luke....

?It pissed me off. I know (Mangum) is the best hitter in the SEC and has been for 2 years, but the way I looked at it was disrespect to me, saying I couldn?t get it done.?
    LMAO!! did he really say that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    This is 100% Incorrect. He mismanaged that 9th inning as bad as one can.
    Props to our players for bailing him out and getting a huge win tonight
    How about our closers doing their jobs. Then the coach isn't a dumbass. neff should not walk the lead off, Smith shouldn't hang a shitty curve, then groove one for A Pinch hitter. If you can't go with your best closer, then who can you pitch.

vCash
    So now we need to watch out for body language, get the **** out.
    Damn straight!!! I absolutely stand by my statement. They showed his entire warm up and that is exactly what I was thinking. Once you've done it enough picking up on that stuff isn't really that hard.

And I'm not saying anything was different than how he normally is but it damn sure looked that way to me and he damn sure had shitty stuff. Take that how you will...

vCash
    Yep, I have faced palmed several games. But tonight it was on our pitchers not Henderson. Neff ****ed up and walked the lead-off man. smith is our closer and he gave up two seeds. That is not Hendersons fault. The stupidest move was by Bianco putting the winning run on first base. Now that is a real coaching dumbass move.
    If Smith is the closer like you say, then why didn't he start the 9th. We bring in France who CLOSED the Arkansas game like a boss and he strikes out the batter he faces and then we pull him? No, No, No, that's the wrong decision and several of us said so before we almost blew it.

But enough about that, I enjoyed the hell out of that win.

vCash
    How about our closers doing their jobs. Then the coach isn't a dumbass. neff should not walk the lead off, Smith shouldn't hang a shitty curve, then groove one for A Pinch hitter. If you can't go with your best closer, then who can you pitch.
    JP had just outed the 1 batter he faced, and he had been electric for us this past weekend.....why pull him in that situation?

Banned
    vCash
    Post # 24 or so us epic. this entire thread from NAFO0M is pure gold.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafo...62022-s10.html

vCash
    Why not let Smith start the 9th instead of Neff, if he's the closer?

vCash
    This. Let the closer actually start with a clean inning for once. We'd almost always bring in Holder fresh to start the 9th in similar situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Wow! Great win! **** you Ole Miss!
    You got the right attitude my man! Why not just enjoy victory and damn the evil ones - why bang on Henderson, the dude is our pitching coach that got pressed into service because his boss lost his mind.

This team has made this season really spicy now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    LMAO!! did he really say that?
    Fuel "F***" Bat

Kid has the heart of a Bulldog

vCash
    it could be that Neff had just shut them down in the 8th. If you had brought Smith in at the start of the 9th and he pitched the same--you would be saying damn stupid Henderson why didn't he leave Neff in----the truth is our pitchers 17ed up--if they do their job then Henderson isn't an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This. Let the closer actually start with a clean inning for once. We'd almost always bring in Holder fresh to start the 9th in similar situations.
    damn I didn't know we still had Holder. whomever we bring in has to do their Job. Don't walk lead-off batters and don't hang 2 strike curves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    JP had just outed the 1 batter he faced, and he had been electric for us this past weekend.....why pull him in that situation?
    That is a good question. somebody needs to ask Henderson.

vCash
    it could be that Neff had just shut them down in the 8th. If you had brought Smith in at the start of the 9th and he pitched the same--you would be saying damn stupid Henderson why didn't he leave Neff in----the truth is our pitchers 17ed up--if they do their job then Henderson isn't an idiot.
    I have a tendency to do that lol, but in this case, I said a couple pages back that I didn't agree with it. My point is that if we have a so called "closer" in Smith, he should've started the inning. But another problem I have is bringing France in for 1 batter after he mowed down Arkansas Friday night. Why not leave him in either? Credit to Henderson for managing well vs. Arkansas, but our players (i.e. Luke Alexander) saved his tail last night.