Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
Just to address the 8 year deal, that is an arbitrary number as many good coaches have a down year at some arbitrary point. Should Michigan St fire Dantonio, he is in year 10? There have been multiple coaches who have had a losing season or even more and bounce back. Gary Patterson at TCU had a Losing season in year 5 and went 4-8 in year 14, etc. The arbitrary, we shouldn't have X record in a coaches X year is not a justified argument.

My main thing has been the season has to play out and we should have open discussions at that time. A lot of what is said is emotional posts because we are struggling, the interview with Miami eroded some of the positives he built (which when he was first hired 95% of the fans were more than ok with us being a stepping stone school) or agenda narratives that have been pushed since 2013.
I don't think it's the wins and losses for most people. It's that we look totally unprepared for any game we've been in this year except for USCe and possibly BYU. The impression is that DM doesn't care. I'm ok with a team that is trying but losing. I'm not ok with a team that appears to be going thru the motions because the coach is possibly looking for another job. I was watching the Auburn game with my 75 year old mother. She's been a State fan for as long as I can remember and loves to watch MSU football, basketball, and baseball. While flipping between games she basically said she couldn't understand why all the other teams had players that appeared to be hitting, tackling, and hustling while ours appeared to just be on the field not caring.