Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPI ups to 7... We're 4 wins from a certain National Seed.

vCash

RPI ups to 7... We're 4 wins from a certain National Seed.

http://www.d1baseball.com/rpi/

And if Vandy and Ole Miss give us a little help, there's a decent chance we're SEC champs.

In a perfect world, we'd clinch the title on May 22, which could be a fun day for other reasons.

vCash
    It would be nice if some of our current Top 100 RPI wins stay that way. Mizzou is currently 100. Troy is 95. Oregon is 93 (what a complete disaster and lack of help they've been, and Oklahoma is 88. I know it's little stuff at this point, but that's 8 wins of ours that have the chance to be lost from our Top 100 RPI category.

In addition, Arkansas is at 89. We knew the end of the schedule wasn't the hardest, but it would be nice if those guys could find a way to stay in the Top 100 RPI.

vCash
    Maybe I read it wrong... it's currently 8 at D1.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Maybe I read it wrong... it's currently 8 at D1.
    I think we dropped from 7 to 8. Maybe NCState jumped us and OM.

vCash
    I think 2 wins gets us a national seed at this point- 4 may get us a top 4 seed
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think 2 wins gets us a national seed at this point- 4 may get us a top 4 seed
    That would put us losing one of these last two series. We will not be a national seed if that's the case. We will have to win both series.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    That would put us losing one of these last two series. We will not be a national seed if that's the case. We will have to win both series.
    If we sweep, we are locked in as a national seed. This is direct from one of my most reliable contacts.

Banned
    vCash
    We can loose a game in each series and get a seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    If we sweep, we are locked in as a national seed. This is direct from one of my most reliable contacts.
    Do you mean just sweep AU regardless of what happens against Arky?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    We can loose a game in each series and get a seed.
    I could see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    If we only win 2 more it could also mean we lose both series. No way in my opinion do we get a national seed under that scenario. 2-3 between now and Hoover makes us have to play on Tuesday in the SEC tourney and takes us out of national seed discussion but would still keep our host spot, the way I figure.

vCash
    We are 3 wins from a Top 5 seed, IMO. If we go 2-3 the rest of the way, we may drop to #8, but it will depend on what other teams do.

FSU is about to be knocked out of the NS, having lost 3 straight, and 5 of their last 9 to unranked teams. That opens up another spot should would falter slightly.

vCash
    We are a lock to host, no question. And we don't have to do that much more to get a national seed. I think a lot of our fans think we're a borderline national seed as it stands now, and I don't know why. We would likely be the 4 or 5 seed if the season ended right now. If we win both these last 2 series, it's a no-brainer, and even if we lose one of them, I still think we would be in.

It literally doesn't matter at all what those teams near a 100 RPI on our schedule do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We are a lock to host, no question. And we don't have to do that much more to get a national seed. I think a lot of our fans think we're a borderline national seed as it stands now, and I don't know why. We would likely be the 4 or 5 seed if the season ended right now. If we win both these last 2 series, it's a no-brainer, and even if we lose one of them, I still think we would be in.

It literally doesn't matter at all what those teams near a 100 RPI on our schedule do.
    As it stands right now, if today was selection day, I don't think we are anywhere near borderline national seed. We should be solidly in as a mid seed. Top 8 RPI, average ranking of all 7 polls between 3-4, what more is there? However, drop one of these last two series and we may be borderline. Drop them both and we're probably out.

One thing I'm unsure about is how Hoover may impact things if at all. At least from our perspective.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

Finally someone gets it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Finally someone gets it....
    Dude, this is the same thing I said. You, me, Smoot and a few others have been consistently saying this for a while.

Also, eveybody keep in mind, SCar has lost 3 of their last 4, and still have 2 left vs aTm. Both SCar & FSU are in greater danger of losing their NS than we are at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Dude, this is the same thing I said. You, me, Smoot and a few others have been consistently saying this for a while.

Also, eveybody keep in mind, SCar has lost 3 of their last 4, and still have 2 left vs aTm. Both SCar & FSU are in greater danger of losing their NS than we are at this point.
    I think FSU is out unless they win the ACC tourny. I now believe that Texas Tech is in. To me we are playing for a top 5 seed instead of a seed at all. We win out which os sweeping both AU and Arky, and say we win the SEC tourny, we may very well be looking at a top 2 seed. We are still very much in the hunt for the SEC west title and possibly overall title(need alot of luck).

vCash
    Guys It's simple. We were up to the #5 National Seed earlier this week. Take care of business and go 3-2 rest of the way and we are golden. Sweep out and we get the benefit of likely winning the SEC overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post

Yep... UM vs TAMU and USC vs Bama will determine who gets that 4th National Seed between USC and UM..assuming UK doesn't do us a favor this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Yep... UM vs TAMU and USC vs Bama will determine who gets that 4th National Seed between USC and UM..assuming UK doesn't do us a favor this weekend.
    Even if we sweep out and UM sweeps out or takes 2/3 from Texas A&M which I doubt, how would we jump Florida? They would have to lose atleast 1 or not 2 from Vandy at home and I don't see that happening.