Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Ray

vCash

Rick Ray

Tweeting out to the seniors that he wishes them luck in their final game at the hump and tells them he will always be their for them.

Yes he wasn't a great ball coach but you have to respect the guy for that!

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Ray is a great man. He really is.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Ray has class! He just was not ready for the jump to Head Coach in the SEC. Class Act!

vCash
    Earlier this week he gave all the credit to big George for recruiting Q.

vCash
    Yeah, I liked him from the very beginning and at the time thought he was a good choice. Just couldn't cut it in the SEC but he really seems like a great guy. And apparently no hard feelings.

Banned
    vCash
    Absolutly. Great guy. Was just in over his head. I hope he does well in Missouri

vCash
    Nothing at all wrong with Ray the man. He was just in over is head as a head coach. Wish him well. Always seemed like a classy guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with Ray the man. He was just in over is head as a head coach. Wish him well. Always seemed like a classy guy.
    Sadly, there is plenty wrong with msu the fanbase. The way message boards have acted it's embarrassing. Same with croom.

vCash
    Finished 5 and 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Sadly, there is plenty wrong with msu the fanbase. The way message boards have acted it's embarrassing. Same with croom.
    Agree. People absolutely lose their minds at times.

vCash
    Only complaint fans had was his lack of experience before getting the job, and the performance of the team after. Only fault I had with him was his judgement in trying to take my seats for his wife. I did say trying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I don't know that I would put Ray and Croom in the same category. Croom left here acting like we had done him wrong by firing him. Ray seemed to understand that he wasn't getting the job done and he seemed to genuinely appreciate us giving him the opportunity. So there definitely isn't any reason for anyone to say anything negative about Ray.......but I can see where it would piss people off when Croom implied that he had gotten the short end of the stick, after we had given him an opportunity and paid him handsomely for 1 liberty bowl and 4 years of some of the shittier football that I have ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Ray is a great man. He really is.
    Great man. shitty bball coach. hopefully a soon forgotten part of our history
    Last edited by JohnnyQuid; 03-05-2016 at 05:16 AM.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    I don't know that I would put Ray and Croom in the same category. Croom left here acting like we had done him wrong by firing him. Ray seemed to understand that he wasn't getting the job done and he seemed to genuinely appreciate us giving him the opportunity. So there definitely isn't any reason for anyone to say anything negative about Ray.......but I can see where it would piss people off when Croom implied that he had gotten the short end of the stick, after we had given him an opportunity and paid him handsomely for 1 liberty bowl and 4 years of some of the shittier football that I have ever seen.
    I will disagree about Croom. I have actually seen him twice after he got fired and both times he said that he will always love the university and its fans.

Are you just bringing up the Croom story from SEC network , bc I'm sure they had to put the "Hollywood drama" into it.

vCash
    I wanted Ray to be successful so badly. Unfortunately, it didn't work, but we're in a good position now, so I have nothing against Ray at all. He is obviously a great person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Rick Ray was and is a good technical football coach. He had a staff who were not great recruiters, except George Brooks. They simply didn't have the contacts our current staff has. Wes Flanigan was a good guards coach. He really helped Chicken's 3 point shooting. His offensive guru was not as good as George and Wes. I, honestly, thought Ray deserved one more year, but I sure won't complain about Coach Howland. We had a shot to get him, and took it. He will have us beating Kentucky within a couple of years and that is the yardstick for me. Coach Ray is a man of integrity and he cleaned up the program. I will always grateful for that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I will disagree about Croom. I have actually seen him twice after he got fired and both times he said that he will always love the university and its fans.

Are you just bringing up the Croom story from SEC network , bc I'm sure they had to put the "Hollywood drama" into it.
    Croom had a big ego. There is no denying that. He thought, coming from Alabama, that no one at MSU was qualified to question him.

vCash
    Rick Ray was a great guy, horrible coach. Croom was Far from a great guy and still a horrible coach.

vCash
    Good Guys, maybe so. I am not convinced. They screwed over some players, we're both hardheaded. And both couldn't coach a girls T ball team. I didn't like either one from the first game they Coached. The Job was miles over their Heads. They didn't have enough sense to hire
    Enough good assistants to bail their dumb asses out. Our DC won Croom enough games to get him named Coach of the Year, thenSly got fired the next year, go figure.

Too bad Ray didn't teach our team how to,pay defense or set a pick. If He had it wouldn't have taken Howland half a season to actually have a team that could play. Croom and Ray they were awful , don't really care if they are nice guys.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Good Guys, maybe so. I am not convinced. They screwed over some players, we're both hardheaded. And both couldn't coach a girls T ball team. I didn't like either one from the first game they Coached. The Job was miles over their Heads. They didn't have enough sense to hire
    Enough good assistants to bail their dumb asses out. Our DC won Croom enough games to get him named Coach of the Year, thenSly got fired the next year, go figure.

Too bad Ray didn't teach our team how to,pay defense or set a pick. If He had it wouldn't have taken Howland half a season to actually have a team that could play. Croom and Ray they were awful , don't really care if they are nice guys.
    We all know the real reason Croom was named COY (besides Ellis).