Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
It's Lemonis's call but the truth is our hitting compared to everyone else hasn't been bad. We actually hit SEC pitching better.

I get frustrated with our approach at times and I think we could be better but at the same time the reality is it's not so bad that a change is warranted at this time. I just wish Gautreau was more hands on and would be more active with making adjustments. So if he left I wouldn't be that upset but I'm also fine if he stays.
Hmmm, statistically each of the last 2 seasons we've been below average (8th to 11th IIRC) in SEC only SLG% and OBP. This season we're right at average BUT we've faced slightly below SEC average pitching staffs too so it's too early to tell.

But we supposedly keep getting good classes and have decent NIL. You follow that more than me so I'll ask you- do we have the 9th (give or take) best talent in the SEC? If our talent is better than that then Jake G is under performing.

I don't think he's the WORST hitting coach but I think he's probably below average by SEC standards