Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
Probably adding Juice Wells at WR along with Deion Smith, Tre Harris and Jordan Watkins. Juice is one of the beast weapons in the country when healthy.

They are adding an OL from USM today. The UF gator edge rusher just got crystal balled to them. Walter Nolan is visiting on Friday.

They've gotten a DB from Illinois and Indiana and the LB, Chris Paul from Arkansas. Dart and Judkins returning. May get a solid Olinemen from Indiana.

That's what pulling in the same direction looks like. They will have a solid chance to make the CFP next year if all of that happens.
I would expect Juice Wells to go to Texas.

Here is the part of the portal we need to be ready for that we haven't experienced, we will be a stalking horse for a lot of solid SEC players in the portal. It is happening to the bears. I've had bear friends gloat to me via text about a kid that was "in the bag" only to have to back track because that player is on his way to Texas or FSU to get a better offer. Now, maybe they don't get it, but I would expect them to get out bid on most elite prospects, but potentially do a good job with the DB from Illinois/Indiana types that are solid, and maybe land the occasional impact player like Paul from Arkansas.

We will need to overpay for some guys so they won't leave campus. Kids like Miner from UNT, we have to overspend to lock him down.

I'm just torn on what we can do for next year. Do we save NIL money for next HS recruiting year, where it seems we are set up to have a big year in-state? Do we spend a bunch of NIL money on transfers that only have 1 year of eligibility remaining hoping for 7-8 wins?

I don't envy Coach Lebby, it is a damn tough spot when you look at the roster and realize you basically have to start from scratch on offense (i'm talking we need 11 damn starters) and on defense you probably need about 8 guys on defense assuming no one else leaves.

One thing I would stress is patience, both next year and the portal this offseason. We may not hit in the portal until after New Years, but then after the bowl games there will be another round of portal players, and if we have been patient, maybe we land some studs that other schools can't go after because they have already made their portal commitments.