Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you don't like NIL or the way of college football, keep it to yourself. Please.

vCash

If you don't like NIL or the way of college football, keep it to yourself. Please.

Obviously this thread will get the downers out, but hopefully it can fade away after that and we can put an end to every thread about nil having someone making comments about how they hate what football has become or how they'll never contribute. We need you on board or we need you to sit silently.

I am not against people having opinions on whatever they want, but in these instances, you are actively undermining the potential success for MSU athletics. Whether you like it or not, this is how it is. This is how it is going to be. We need promoters of NIL, not demoters. The only thing you might influence is others chances of donating to the nil or further supporting our team. By speaking up you are actively working against MSU.

Again, believe what you want. Have your opinions, just keep them out of future threads discussing NIL contributions. Give, support it, or shut up. Anything else is an act treachery against MSU Athletics.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get into a large debate. If it does, please just delete it b/c that's not what we need either.

vCash
    Whether someone does or does not open their checkbook is none of your business. And people are entitled to opinions on a message board. But nice try, Jean.

vCash
    Fans can't voice their opinions on a message board. What a time to be alive. This board needs a purge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Again, believe what you want. Have your opinions, just keep them out of future threads discussing NIL contributions.
    Irony
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Censorship is never the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Fans can't voice their opinions on a message board. What a time to be alive. This board needs a purge
    I think the point is for those who are fine with donating and trying to improve the program, just dont derail the threads with your personal takes.

vCash
    If you don't like paying taxes, keep it to yourself please.

Obviously this thread will get the downers out, but hopefully it can fade away after that and we can put an end to every thread about income taxes and having someone making comments about how they hate paying such large income taxes to support free loaders. We need you on board or we need you to sit silently.

I am not against people having opinions on whatever they want, but in these instances, you are actively undermining the poor people who want to sit at home and draw benefits that your taxes pay for. Whether you like it or not, this is how it is. This is how it is going to be. We need promoters of taxation, not demoters. The only thing you might influence is others chances of paying more taxes or further supporting government programs. By speaking up you are actively working against these government programs

Again, believe what you want. Have your opinions, just keep them out of future threads discussing taxation. Pay it, support it, and shut up. Anything else is an act treachery against the government.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get into a large debate. If it does, please just delete it b/c that's not what we need either.

Remember, voters don't have a right to complain about paying high taxes to support those that don't pay any taxes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Obviously this thread will get the downers out, but hopefully it can fade away after that and we can put an end to every thread about nil having someone making comments about how they hate what football has become or how they'll never contribute. We need you on board or we need you to sit silently.

I am not against people having opinions on whatever they want, but in these instances, you are actively undermining the potential success for MSU athletics. Whether you like it or not, this is how it is. This is how it is going to be. We need promoters of NIL, not demoters. The only thing you might influence is others chances of donating to the nil or further supporting our team. By speaking up you are actively working against MSU.

Again, believe what you want. Have your opinions, just keep them out of future threads discussing NIL contributions. Give, support it, or shut up. Anything else is an act treachery against MSU Athletics.

YES! Awesome post! Completely agree! Finally someone who gets it! Thank you sleepy, you've stated what I have been trying to tell these forrest gumpers for the last few weeks. NIL & transfer portal, is the way now.

This is the time to change the mindset & mentality for MSU FB forever! We have to support Lebby and aim higher than we ever have before! Sooner or later these forrest gumpers will understand...I hope.

CFB is NIL. CFB is transfer portal. You can't complain about it. This is not 1970s, 80s, 90s football. We can't get left behind and we can't let the other SEC institutions even start to talk about us NOT being in the SEC in the future due to budget/finances.

We have to play the game until the laws get changed, period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post

Obviously this thread will get the downers out, but hopefully it can fade away after that and we can put an end to every thread about income taxes and having someone making comments about how they hate paying such large income taxes to support free loaders. We need you on board or we need you to sit silently.

I am not against people having opinions on whatever they want, but in these instances, you are actively undermining the poor people who want to sit at home and draw benefits that your taxes pay for. Whether you like it or not, this is how it is. This is how it is going to be. We need promoters of taxation, not demoters. The only thing you might influence is others chances of paying more taxes or further supporting government programs. By speaking up you are actively working against these government programs

Again, believe what you want. Have your opinions, just keep them out of future threads discussing taxation. Pay it, support it, and shut up. Anything else is an act treachery against the government.

Remember, voters don't have a right to complain about paying high taxes to support those that don't pay any taxes.
    ^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post

Huge SWING & MISS! You forrest gumpers bring politics into this discussion every damn time. This is not about taxes good Sir. Both Republicans & Democrats have to contribute to NIL and need to adjust to the transfer portal.

I ask again, do you want to be Elite? Do you want to Win? Do you want to out recruit the tsun black bears? Are you sick & tired of getting blown out by Bama & LSU & other top ranked teams before we even step on the field?

Lebby will have the potential to flip this roster quickly if given decent finances/budget for BI & NIL. This is our time, this is our moment to change the trajectory of MSU football forever!

vCash
    A lot of people wanting more heavy-handed moderation lately. We've already been through spells of that. OP wants NIL detractors to be silent. Saw a few others I know Thick was one that wanted any post critical of Lebby taken down. Quaoarsking wants that plus anything about Art Briles removed. This is a forum where people voice their opinions whether you like them or not or at least it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Whether someone does or does not open their checkbook is none of your business. And people are entitled to opinions on a message board. But nice try, Jean.
    I wish I could downvote this post. It's obvious the old mentality ppl on here just can't be positive or support our program.

All the while, ppl from tsun, Arkansas, Auburn, UK (not to mention the big boys Bama, UGA, etc) are monthly contributing to their NIL funds because they want their universities to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    I wish I could downvote this post. It's obvious the old mentality ppl on here just can't be positive or support our program.

All the while, ppl from tsun, Arkansas, Auburn, UK (not to mention the big boys Bama, UGA, etc) are monthly contributing to their NIL funds because they want their universities to win.
    I'm so glad you can't.

vCash
    I am not a blue hair nor even close to boomer age, but my views on NIL are still very pessimistic as a whole. I am on the board of directors for 2 different organ transplant non-profits. I work with families that are choosing between bankruptcy and expensive unending waits for an organ. Is my $50 bucks per month doing more for humanity by donating to somewhere like St. Jude/non-profits or by helping a spoiled college athlete buy another dodge hellcat?

Does it really matter if we all spend our expendable income on NIL to go from 5-7 to 7-5 most years? I just don't understand why fans are footing the bill for this extravagance. Make the players employees, set up salary caps and trade clauses, and pay them from a collective profit sharing pool.

/end rant

vCash
    Huge SWING & MISS! You forrest gumpers bring politics into this discussion every damn time. This is not about taxes good Sir. Both Republicans & Democrats have to contribute to NIL and need to adjust to the transfer portal.

I ask again, do you want to be Elite? Do you want to Win? Do you want to out recruit the tsun black bears? Are you sick & tired of getting blown out by Bama & LSU & other top ranked teams before we even step on the field?

Lebby will have the potential to flip this roster quickly if given decent finances/budget for BI & NIL. This is our time, this is our moment to change the trajectory of MSU football forever!
    First off, don't call me a forrest gumper, whatever the hell that is. If you want a conversation, we can have it without the name calling. You ask if I want to be Elite? The answer is "of course I do". But there are paths to being elite that still allow people to question the sanity of NIL. And for the record, I am elite at what I do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    MSU football fans have voiced their dated/conservative/traditional opinions to death for the last 90 years for what? Not a damn thing. We have one 1940 championship and one 1998 SEC West div championship. That is where voicing our opinions get us.

Modern MSU fans want to win! We want to compete at the highest level & running up against our rivals/opponents is challenging enough, buy no, we have to deal with our own friendly fire forrest gumpers who can't leave their past attitudes behind!

I hope Lebby gets like 40 players in the tranfer portal and I hope our NIL blow your minds, and we can win 8-10 games next season, just so the forrest gumpers will get taken to the woodshed and have their eyes open!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    I am not a blue hair nor even close to boomer age, but my views on NIL are still very pessimistic as a whole. I am on the board of directors for 2 different organ transplant non-profits. I work with families that are choosing between bankruptcy and expensive unending waits for an organ. Is my $50 bucks per month doing more for humanity by donating to somewhere like St. Jude/non-profits or by helping a spoiled college athlete buy another dodge hellcat?

Does it really matter if we all spend our expendable income on NIL to go from 5-7 to 7-5 most years? I just don't understand why fans are footing the bill for this extravagance. Make the players employees, set up salary caps and trade clauses, and pay them from a collective profit sharing pool.

/end rant
    Bert - you need to post more. This is what I struggle with as well.

vCash
    MSU football fans have voiced their dated/conservative/traditional opinions to death for the last 90 years for what? Not a damn thing. We have one 1940 championship and one 1998 SEC West div championship. That is where voicing our opinions get us.

Modern MSU fans want to win! We want to compete at the highest level & running up against our rivals/opponents is challenging enough, buy no, we have to deal with our own friendly fire forrest gumpers who can't leave their past attitudes behind!

I hope Lebby gets like 40 players in the tranfer portal and I hope our NIL blow your minds, and we can win 8-10 games next season, just so the forrest gumpers will get taken to the woodshed and have their eyes open!
    Woof - for someone that hasn't been on this board for two weeks, you sure have all the answers...,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Bert - you need to post more. This is what I struggle with as well.
    I think a lot of us are like this honestly. I am not opposed to paying the players. Just don't ask the fans to pay their salaries. We pay enough as it is. Negotiate a collective bargaining agreement, pay them market value with salary caps, and stop this free agent every off season bullshit.

vCash

You speak like a young liberal who thinks you should work 10 hours per week while everyone else in the world pays for your vacations and hobbies.