Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think we go portal heavy this off-season. The front seven, we can?t wait a year or two to develop DL.
    I'm fine with that. Personally I'd try to get Petty and we need a running back. Other than that we're OK.

vCash
    I would think Freezus has learned not to pay anything directly.
    Maybe he's not. But football and hoops are still full of non nil payments. Just the way it's been and still is

Banned
    vCash
    The normal non NIL cash is still flowing and that's exactly why I think some commits will $uddenly have a change of heart*******

vCash
    Noreel White officially to OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Noreel White officially to OM.
    That sucks, kid is a player, but based on the way he acted on twitter, probably not a huge loss.

FYI, I talked to a coach who told me we got an absolute stud in the RB from Brookhaven. Thinks he is a threat to score any time he touches the ball.

vCash
    That sucks, kid is a player, but based on the way he acted on twitter, probably not a huge loss.

FYI, I talked to a coach who told me we got an absolute stud in the RB from Brookhaven. Thinks he is a threat to score any time he touches the ball.
    Sounds like we wanted White at CB (Stonka and Harrell are better WRs), and he wanted to play WR, which om told him that he could do...not saying that we didn't want the kid, but his insistence on playing receiver put him down the board a little for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Sounds like we wanted White at CB (Stonka and Harrell are better WRs), and he wanted to play WR, which om told him that he could do...not saying that we didn't want the kid, but his insistence on playing receiver put him down the board a little for us
    I can?t speak on what the coaches think, but he is a SEC athlete somewhere.

I watched the film on the Brookhaven kid and he is legit. Real speed.

vCash
    Ole Mi$$ has cleaned up with good players from the MS Gulf Coast. Time will tell very quickly whether big $ to HS players, them or $ to retain proven players, us, is the way to go. I think a blend of both with major retention $ is the way to go in this crazy, Semi-pro, NIL world. 2023 for us, 7-5 floor, 9-3 ceiling. 6-6 is a failure no matter who the coach is. We have moved beyond that! Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-25-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Ole Mi$$ has cleaned up with good players from the MS Gulf Coast. Time will tell very quickly whether big $ to HS players, them or $ to retain proven players, us, is the way to go. I think a blend of both with major retention $ is the way to go in this crazy, Semi-pro, NIL world. 2023 for us, 7-5 floor, 9-3 ceiling. 6-6 is a failure no matter who the coach is. We have moved beyond that! Hail State!
    I mean... we're going 15-0 but please tell me the 3rd guaranteed loss that lowers our ceiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    OM has commits from a lot of problem guys. They'll spend a lot of time keeping them on the field and preventing transfers.

vCash
    We came out with momentum and they've countered. Time for us to respond

vCash
    Only coast players I can think of having a real impact recently is Walley and Derrick Hall

vCash
    Jay Lindsey decommits.

Our recruiting sucks right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Jay Lindsey decommits.

Our recruiting sucks right now.
    OM is kicking our ass in state outside a few guys. We decided not to play the NIL game with HS guys and it is killing us. It's pay to play now and we better figure that out. We are being told that we are using NIL to keep guys already on the roster, but 2 to 3 years from now there won't be any talent to keep if we don't get in the game

vCash
    So when we flip an AR and Big10 commit and grab a player who killed it at our camp, y'all going to come back and tell us we suck? We've got an A&M fan bitching up in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    So when we flip an AR and Big10 commit and grab a player who killed it at our camp, y'all going to come back and tell us we suck? We've got an A&M fan bitching up in here.
    I said we suck "right now." Meaning we can change that and there's still time to.

But there's no denying we've lost a lot of momentum. It's up to the staff to fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    OM is kicking our ass in state outside a few guys. We decided not to play the NIL game with HS guys and it is killing us. It's pay to play now and we better figure that out. We are being told that we are using NIL to keep guys already on the roster, but 2 to 3 years from now there won't be any talent to keep if we don't get in the game
    I remember hearing Charlie saying that most of the NIL money is going to the players already on the roster and not a lot of recruits. My first thought was ? Well, that?s dumb?.
    How many recruits have we lost because of NIL? Beavers? Banks? Daniels? . This is something that needs to be fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    I remember hearing Charlie saying that most of the NIL money is going to the players already on the roster and not a lot of recruits. My first thought was ? Well, that?s dumb?.
    How many recruits have we lost because of NIL? Beavers? Banks? Daniels? . This is something that needs to be fixed.
    Why is that dumb. I would rather lose recruits than experienced players. You are welcome to put up your own money for specific recruits if you would like. Thank you in advance

vCash
    I don't understand guys coming to a Mississippi state thread to praise Ole Miss. It's the craziest thing to me.

vCash
    Fan perception of NIL is not NIL reality.