Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Not computer literate so I don't link stuff. But I'll give you the same advice Liverpool gave me. Look it up.

Edit: just asking. Do you believe in natural immunity?
    So by "read an article", do you mean you actually found a peer-reviewed article in a medical/science journal and got this info directly from the source?...or you read some random article that popped up in your Google feed?

vCash
    Dang! Is this post gonna go away soon, I thought ED was about Msu sports?

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.
    So you think we only win one conference game? I think our floor is 6-6 and ceiling is 8-4 this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    So you think we only win one conference game? I think our floor is 6-6 and ceiling is 8-4 this year.
    I'm thinking we will lose a non conference game, I'm not sure we are last or not in the west but we a for sure close if not. I do think we could win 6 games, I'm not sure again about the overall play making ability. I do think Will Rogers will be much improved, I just hope he can stay healthy.

vCash

Where are the mods?

Yeah I'm done now. Some people just can't stand a point of view different from their own. Back to sports

vCash
    Yeah I'm done now. Some people just can't stand a point of view different from their own. Back to sports
    Lol. Really? I asked you to provide the source of your point of view so I can read it for myself. You know, to understand where you're coming from by comparing it with what I've read.

If you're going to cut against the grain to that extent, I'd think one would be eager to share such novel insight.

vCash
    Good for you and I hope others follow suit! And to add, I really like our DC, and we need play makers, I just can't see the "small game" being successful in the Sec, maybe for Bama because they have so much depth, size, speed and tradition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol. Really? I asked you to provide the source of your point of view so I can read it for myself. You know, to understand where you're coming from by comparing it with what I've read.

If you're going to cut against the grain to that extent, I'd think one would be eager to share such novel insight.
    No one wants to answer my questions about natural immunity, either, with sources. Never mind that I've talked to Drs., too. It's cool. It's America everyone free to choose(unless mandated) and decide what's best for themselves. Have a good one. You can have the last word. I won't respond.

vCash
    Good for you and I hope others follow suit! And to add, I really like our DC, and we need play makers, I just can't see the "small game" being successful in the Sec, maybe for Bama because they have so much depth, size, speed and tradition.
    Our DC did a lot with little last year imo given who all played in the back field. What do you mean by "small game"? I like our LBs and I think we are plenty good in the back field. Hope our DL holds up because that's where it counts. But I think we will be fine there too. I think the 3-3-5 is what's necessary to put speed on the field to cover space like these spreads O are doing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    If it is about science then why did the science people, MSM and the Internet guardians nix therapeutics? They are working now and would have saved thousands of lives. But there was no money in it for the pharmacy, Wall Street or the rich elites. Why do people who have had Covid need to be vaxed? It"s not science. It's money. The vax is only good for about 6 months or so. You'll be getting a booster first of next year.
    You know what they call therapeutics that have established scientific evidence of actually working, medicine. Until then, it is essentially a placebo. Cannot be proven to help, just coincidental that some folks get better when taking them. Indistinguishable from the base statistical case. That is why they dismiss them.

vCash
    Our DC did a lot with little last year imo given who all played in the back field. What do you mean by "small game"? I like our LBs and I think we are plenty good in the back field. Hope our DL holds up because that's where it counts. But I think we will be fine there too. I think the 3-3-5 is what's necessary to put speed on the field to cover space like these spreads O are doing.
    "Small Ball", little dink passes, no speed and open field runners with moves or break away speed. Oh I know we need some, but you gotta run the ball and throw the ball downfield more. We ain't gonna be very good against a 8 man front without stretching the defense and of course knock them off the ball. I think our OL may be be better, but depth again is a question in my mind!

vCash
    "Small Ball", little dink passes, no speed and open field runners with moves or break away speed. Oh I know we need some, but you gotta run the ball and throw the ball downfield more. We ain't gonna be very good against a 8 man front without stretching the defense and of course knock them off the ball. I think our OL may be be better, but depth again is a question in my mind!
    I got you. You were talking defense and I thought you were saying"small game" in reference to our 3-3-5. I think on O Will will be more apt to check to run plays this year to get people out of the drop 8. He should be much more comfortable this year running the O and getting us in the right play.

vCash
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...cdc-chickenpox

"For the delta variant, the R0 is now calculated at between six and seven," Wenseleers says. So it's two- to three-times as contagious as the original version of SARS-CoV-2 (R0 = 2 to 3) but less contagious than the chickenpox (R0 = 9 to 10).

So why did the CDC say the delta variant was "just as transmissible as" the chickenpox?

For one, the leaked document underestimated the R0 for chickenpox and overestimated the R0 for the delta variant. "The R0 values for delta were preliminary and calculated from data taken from a rather small sample size," a federal official told NPR. The value for the chickenpox (and other R0s in the slideshow) came from a graphic from The New York Times, which wasn't completely accurate.

CDC is using NYT for R0 values? Jeez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I'm going to quote myself. That we are asking about this, that at least one hospital on the coast is about to set up tent field hospitals, that UMMC IS setting up a tent hospital in it's parking garage, that several others are quietly exploring it, that the MSDH has formally appealed for Federal health care workers, SHOULD tell you if you have one ounce of sense that we are in DEEP trouble here. Keep in mind that all of these organizations made it through the winter surge so they have experience with COVID now. If you watch them in their pressers, there is a REALLY different vibe now. Last year it was fear of the unknown. THIS time it is fear of the KNOWN. They are TRUELY scared. It should scare you.
    The problem isn't number of rooms. It's staff. We are down 2,000 nurses in this state from this time last year. That is disturbing.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I?m in healthcare. I?m not on front lines by any means, but have some insight. It?s not good right now from their perspective . My boss just gave us a rundown of the situation and the projections of the weeks to come. A lot of nervousness and fear about the coming weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I?m in healthcare. I?m not on front lines by any means, but have some insight. It?s not good right now from their perspective . My boss just gave us a rundown of the situation and the projections of the weeks to come. A lot of nervousness and fear about the coming weeks.
    That sucks man.

Where are you, btw?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Jackson metro. Like I said, I?m not in the thick of it, thanks to the Lord. But we just had a meeting and info was relayed. They are anticipating a very difficult month ahead. Hopefully projections are wrong.

vCash
    Thank you for sharing this! It really helps promote accurate information, as we all know that memes from musicians on social media is the "go to" place for all health related information. I wish I had seen this before getting vaccinated. Had I know that PHDs in Wood Science and/or Parapsychology were questioning the science - I would have taken a closer look...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Jackson metro. Like I said, I?m not in the thick of it, thanks to the Lord. But we just had a meeting and info was relayed. They are anticipating a very difficult month ahead. Hopefully projections are wrong.
    It should be interesting. Following India and EU models with the variant puts us at around the half way mark of where they were. Should we follow the same model we should start seeing cases go down in the next two weeks. Not saying I'm right or wrong just looking at how fast Delta has moved through other countries.