Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
The problem is Kathleen Kennedy. She doesn't have a clue what to do with the franchise.
Well, I'm certainly not happy with every decision she's made, but Kennedy has taken huge steps at helping make Star Wars part of the social fabric for a new generation of fans, while (for the most part) keeping the momentum going forward for the future, while also honoring the past.

Food for thought...George Lucas' idea of bringing in young viewers: Jar Jar Binks.....Kennedy's idea of bringing in young viewers: Porgs......give me Porgs, by a ****ing mile.

Seriously, people forget how stagnated Lucas Arts as a production company had become since the end of the prequels, in all mediums: film, tv, video game, etc. George Lucas was a micromanaging crazy person, and his company, and more importantly the fans, suffered because of it.

This is a great article I still remember reading in GI back a few years ago, regarding the video game segment of Lucas Arts.
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ry-studio.aspx

Also, this notion that adding diversity to Star Wars is somehow cheapening the product is bullshit. And apparently "diversity" means 1) a female lead, and 2) a black storm trooper....shudder.** Finn's character being black makes sense, considering how the new Storm Troopers are basically kidnapped children who've been trained/brainwashed since childhood (i.e., they've been gathered from all over the universe by the First Order). And Rey, at least in TFA, has a compelling story and is a empathetic character, one very similar to Luke in IV. And that being Ridley's first major roll makes her performance even more impressive. She had absolutely massive shoes to fill considering the hype, and she ****ing delivered. No, she's not Luke (and yes, I prefer Luke), but I can absolutely see how kids today will be drawn to her and view her as their heroine into adulthood.