Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
I just said the earth wasn't 6000 years old bro. Sorry your genius level IQ was so triggered by that.
What "triggers" me is complete dismissal of opposing points of view with sweeping generalizations. "Someone doesn't agree with me? Well they're (stupid/lazy/racist/bigoted/ect.)". No. There are good and intelligent people on both sides of virtually every debate. There is solid evidence on both sides of this debate. I freely admit that, based on our current scientific abilities, the universe appears extremely old. However, there is plenty of scientific evidence that it's young too. I cannot reconcile the two, and I know I never will in this life. But my faith allows me to understand that there is a reconciliation out there. Whether that means the earth is old or young is immaterial, my faith is in the only one who knows how they reconcile. My faith certainly isn't in man or our current version of science - both have been littered with failures throughout our 6,500 years of recorded history.