Thread: For all you Hud lovers...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Do any of you have 8-10 million dollars? If so then we may have a new coach next year, if not then Dan is the Man. Dan will be head coach here next year so all this bs about Hud is simply delusional. We will have 2-3 new assistants, but most of the folks here have no clue. Dan would have to do something completely illegal or unethical to lose his job. Period. If we lay an egg next year then I could see a change happening, but it isn't happening this year no matter what anyone thinks. Oh, the money figure I mentioned. That is what Dan's buyout plus the new coach and his assistants salary would be, so again, it isn't happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Do any of you have 8-10 million dollars? If so then we may have a new coach next year, if not then Dan is the Man. Dan will be head coach here next year so all this bs about Hud is simply delusional. We will have 2-3 new assistants, but most of the folks here have no clue. Dan would have to do something completely illegal or unethical to lose his job. Period. If we lay an egg next year then I could see a change happening, but it isn't happening this year no matter what anyone thinks. Oh, the money figure I mentioned. That is what Dan's buyout plus the new coach and his assistants salary would be, so again, it isn't happening.
    Again, I'm a Mullen supporter, but you can't say this. I seriously doubt money would be the concern if the right people felt it was the right thing to do.

Stop throwing out that you know what the decision is when a decision hasn't been made. Why is it so hard for people to just wait?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Again, I'm a Mullen supporter, but you can't say this. I seriously doubt money would be the concern if the right people felt it was the right thing to do.

Stop throwing out that you know what the decision is when a decision hasn't been made. Why is it so hard for people to just wait?
    Exactly. I know we disagree sometimes -- but you are 100% spot on in this analysis. There's no way to take anyone seriously that is speaking in absolutes right now. They make themselves look silly by even trying.

We can discuss all we want about what we think should happen -- and how/what signs are pointing to that happening -- but anything beyond that is totally ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Exactly. I know we disagree sometimes -- but you are 100% spot on in this analysis. There's no way to take anyone seriously that is speaking in absolutes right now. They make themselves look silly by even trying.

We can discuss all we want about what we think should happen -- and how/what signs are pointing to that happening -- but anything beyond that is totally ridiculous.
    Talk to me in January and we will see who is right. This isn't happening and all the fantasies you Hud lovers have isn't going to make it so. You are so afraid that Mullen is going to be back that you want to riot. It is so funny. Mullen has had one bad year, so fire him? It isn't going to happen. HAHAHAHA.

vCash
    Talk to me in January and we will see who is right. This isn't happening and all the fantasies you Hud lovers have isn't going to make it so. You are so afraid that Mullen is going to be back that you want to riot. It is so funny. Mullen has had one bad year, so fire him? It isn't going to happen. HAHAHAHA.

WTF?

Yeah- just like all of those Bobby Wallace lovers in 1996 were pissed when Jackie turned it around by beating Alabama and Ole Miss.**

vCash
    Put down the drink.

Ignorance only knows how to project more ignorance. Thanks for that ridiculously simple-minded diatribe.
    Last edited by engie; 11-04-2013 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    I can't even wrap my mind around everything you got wrong in this. While giving even more absolutes that are truly hilarious.

If you don't have a clue, don't pretend that you do, while calling out the rest of us. MONEY will have nothing to do with ANY coaching decision we decide to make. Buyout funding is already secured. That part is well-known "among people that have a clue" -- even among the people that still support Mullen.

And please provide us with your math that arrived at such a ridiculous buyout figure. I'd love to see it.
    Last edited by engie; 11-04-2013 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Name the 2-3 assistants that are going to be gone?

Les? Maybe but I doubt it and I doubt it matters anyway.
    Hevesey? Nope.
    Sallach? Nope.
    Gonzalez? Nope.
    Knox? Highly unlikely.
    Turner? I doubt it.
    Collins? No.
    Hughes? Our best recruiter- No.
    Townsend? Maybe he leaves on his own because he is a darn good coach with NFL ties but we're not going to fire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Name the 2-3 assistants that are going to be gone?

Les? Maybe but I doubt it and I doubt it matters anyway.
    Hevesey? Nope.
    Sallach? Nope.
    Gonzalez? Nope.
    Knox? Highly unlikely.
    Turner? I doubt it.
    Collins? No.
    Hughes? Our best recruiter- No.
    Townsend? Maybe he leaves on his own because he is a darn good coach with NFL ties but we're not going to fire him.
    Yeah Todd, shoot the messenger. Mullen isn't going anywhere. Not this year at least. Stricklin is an idiot, but even he saw what happens when we fire a coach, Stansbury, and expect to make that next great hire. We got Jackie because he was a pariah and out of coaching. Croom, was and NFL assistant 20 years removed from college coaching. Mullen has average 8 wins a season, but yeah lets fire him as well. Do you remember who were the finalists for this job? Mullen and Wilson the OC from Oklahoma. We aren't firing an 8 win a season coach after this one year. I agree with you most of the time in baseball, but all the crying in the world isn't getting a coaching change this year. We got Cohen because he was an alumni and Butch because he is from Mississippi and out of work. We got Ray because Stricklin is doing the hiring. God help us on the next hire. As far as assistants-we always have a couple leave. Les, Hev and Salach could all be gone, some on their own accord and Townsend to the NFL is a possibility. Enjoy more Hud wet dreams.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Sallach was given an off the field position when Gonzalez was hired at WR and Brewster was going to coach TE's. Brewster bailed for FSU and we were left scrambling to fill the spot.

vCash
    8-10 million dollars is nothing to an alumni base of a major university. You are an idiot if you think this is an obstacle. Besides, they never pay out the full buy out price at once anyway. We have quite a few alumni that are worth $100 million+. Do you guys even realize this?

vCash

if Butts fail to fill Davis-Wade then 8 million will be found.

Empty Stadiums will cause Coach's asses to be fired