Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tommy Stevens PSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I understand what you are saying about Mayden, but one has to wonder about Shrader coming in and what the future holds for him as well.

I haven't a clue about KT but I don't see him wanting to redshirt IF he isn't the guy this fall. I just have a bad feeling he will leave and maybe sit a year somewhere else.
    If he isn't the guy then I am not sure it hurts too much for him to leave. It does leave us with either Mayden as a Redshirt sophomore or Schrader as a Redshirt freshman in 2020. Mayden has looked good throwing the ball so hopefully he would have the offense down by then. It would just be rough if Stevens went down and we had to go with Mayden as a Redshirt freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    If he isn't the guy then I am not sure it hurts too much for him to leave. It does leave us with either Mayden as a Redshirt sophomore or Schrader as a Redshirt freshman in 2020. Mayden has looked good throwing the ball so hopefully he would have the offense down by then. It would just be rough if Stevens went down and we had to go with Mayden as a Redshirt freshman.
    And I want to see how having Stevens elevates our QB corp. Can he be a motivator and teacher elevating Mayden and Schrader. If he can be the bridge between Joe's offense and understanding it we could see a huge payoff for having him just one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I understand what you are saying about Mayden, but one has to wonder about Shrader coming in and what the future holds for him as well.

I haven't a clue about KT but I don't see him wanting to redshirt IF he isn't the guy this fall. I just have a bad feeling he will leave and maybe sit a year somewhere else.
    We all have to do things we don't want to do from time to time. If he really does have Dak-ish qualities he'll probably stay.

vCash
    It would make zero sense for KT to transfer. He was an early enrollee in 2017 so he is wrapping up his 5th semester not including summers. His smartest move as a mid-career player is to compete for this fall, use his redshirt if he misses out, and then target eligibility for a grad transfer next May. That would give him a chance to compete this fall, compete for the starting position again next spring, and grad transfer with immediate eligibility and 2 years to play 2 if it does not fall his way.

That give him 3 bites at the apple and costs him no eligibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    It would make zero sense for KT to transfer. He was an early enrollee in 2017 so he is wrapping up his 5th semester not including summers. His smartest move as a mid-career player is to compete for this fall, use his redshirt if he misses out, and then target eligibility for a grad transfer next May. That would give him a chance to compete this fall, compete for the starting position again next spring, and grad transfer with immediate eligibility and 2 years to play 2 if it does not fall his way.

That give him 3 bites at the apple and costs him no eligibility.
    Sounds good, but the coach that recruited him isn't here, the current coach has pursued at least 2 grad transfers, and the current coach just signed his guy. I have no idea if key stays or goes, but I can certainly understand if he does