Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Stevens PSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Article: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/c...229071414.html

Haven't scanned the entire discussion, just read this and thought I would share.
    Reading that I come away with:

This guy knows the offense and can make the passes Joe's looking for. We should hope we get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The latest thing Tommy Stevens liked on twitter is a post from Kylin Hill that said ?Year 3 should be fun?. Hmmm. Yea, it is probably sad that I looked that up. I want to know who our qb is going to be though so sue me.
    Barring something very unforeseen Tommy Stevens will transfer here and out of all likelihood will be under center in the Superdome on August 31st.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    He said his football goals are. Win Heisman, win NC, get to NFL....we're screwed.***
    No Signature

vCash
    Any more news on this?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Any more news on this?
    Brandon Walker went ahead and called it. He said he thinks Stevens will be the starter for us this season.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Any more news on this?
    I figure that we'll start hearing more things this week from official MSU sources.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Barring something very unforeseen Tommy Stevens will transfer here and out of all likelihood will be under center in the Superdome on August 31st.
    Does that mean we are hiring a new football coach, because Moorhead never goes under center? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Brandon Walker went ahead and called it. He said he thinks Stevens will be the starter for us this season.
    I actually listened for about 3 or 4 minutes. I think Brandon Walker may be on to something about Joe knowing his offense pretty much tanked. Said Joe was more upset about his offense than our fans and he knows what Stevens can do after two seasons and thinks he has more trust in Stevens.

I'm all in for whoever is the best QB, but it's sorta surprising and disappointing for either Kt or Mayden if they don't pan out.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I actually listened for about 3 or 4 minutes. I think Brandon Walker may be on to something about Joe knowing his offense pretty much tanked. Said Joe was more upset about his offense than our fans and he knows what Stevens can do after two seasons and thinks he has more trust in Stevens.

I'm all in for whoever is the best QB, but it's sorta surprising and disappointing for either Kt or Mayden if they don't pan out.
    I don't think this says anything about Mayden. He's a RS Freshman who's never played a meaningful snap. He needs more time.

vCash
    If Stevens comes in and our offense looks like PSU's when Joe had them clicking on all cylinders then we know we have a serious QB issue and hopefully Schrader or Mayden takes the reigns later on.

But....

If Stevens comes in and we still look like a chain gang jail break on the field then Joe's system will never work in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If Stevens comes in and our offense looks like PSU's when Joe had them clicking on all cylinders then we know we have a serious QB issue and hopefully Schrader or Mayden takes the reigns later on.

But....

If Stevens comes in and we still look like a chain gang jail break on the field then Joe's system will never work in the SEC.
    We will need some time regardless. It's not SEC. Put Joe's system at Bama and it will work. In the end, it's about the quality of players and their development.

vCash

But....

We still aren't going to have any receivers next year, and I don't knkow that any system is going to work well with our wide receivers.

And I don't doubt his system will work with a QB and outside WR that is good enough to get drafted. I suspect UGA and Bama could destroy everybody not named UGA, Bama, and LSU with his system. The question is going to be when we don't have an NFL quality QB and outside WR, which will be usually, can we be successful against everybody but the two or three best SEC defenses.

vCash

Disappointing, but that's football (or any sport for that matter). Sometimes players just can't make that next step. We like to think it is easy, but it isn't. For every successful HS QB who moves to the next level and succeeds, there are probably 10 who don't. Think of all the QB's we have had who couldn't.

I don't know if MS has a website that lists state records - but we have a great one in GA - LINK
    If you look at career passing yard leaders - there are a lot of recent familiar names. Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Jake Fromm. But for every one of those guys, there is a player who never made D1 or got to D1 and did nothing. They hold records, play for state championships, make the AJC Super Prep team, etc. but can't make that next step.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

I think Stevens is just better than KT at this point. Both have similar abilities as far as talent goes. I think the fact that KT didn't redshirt has kind of put him behind as far as his overall development. People need to remember Dak when he was a redshirt sophomore in 2013 before the season started. That's where KT is right now.

vCash

But....

A lot of people just seem to concentrate on the 4 games the offense stalled against great defenses. His offense kicked ass in the other 8 games and I would say did enough against Iowa if Guidry catches a pass that should be caught 999 out of 1000 in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Disappointing, but that's football (or any sport for that matter). Sometimes players just can't make that next step. We like to think it is easy, but it isn't. For every successful HS QB who moves to the next level and succeeds, there are probably 10 who don't. Think of all the QB's we have had who couldn't.

I don't know if MS has a website that lists state records - but we have a great one in GA - LINK
    If you look at career passing yard leaders - there are a lot of recent familiar names. Trevor Lawrence, Deshaun Watson, Jake Fromm. But for every one of those guys, there is a player who never made D1 or got to D1 and did nothing. They hold records, play for state championships, make the AJC Super Prep team, etc. but can't make that next step.
    I think KT can and probably will take that next step but watching him play he just needs to refine his deep passing ability more than anything. And everyone knows where I stand on redshirting him but again that's part of the reason why I think it would benefit both KT and MSU. I really think Stevens could actually benefit KT a lot because he would potentially serve as another QB coach for us as a mentor in the system and how to run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    A lot of people just seem to concentrate on the 4 games the offense stalled against great defenses. His offense kicked ass in the other 8 games and I would say did enough against Iowa if Guidry catches a pass that should be caught 999 out of 1000 in college.
    That's because those other eight games don't fit their agenda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think KT can and probably will take that next step but watching him play he just needs to refine his deep passing ability more than anything. And everyone knows where I stand on redshirting him but again that's part of the reason why I think it would benefit both KT and MSU. I really think Stevens could actually benefit KT a lot because he would potentially serve as another QB coach for us as a mentor in the system and how to run it.
    I hope he can. And I agree about the red shirt. Ideally, if Stevens can come in and start, we can redshirt all 3 QBs we currently have since all 3 can play 4 games. And KT doesn't strike me as the type who wouldn't understand the benefits -on field and off.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    We still aren't going to have any receivers next year, and I don't knkow that any system is going to work well with our wide receivers.

And I don't doubt his system will work with a QB and outside WR that is good enough to get drafted. I suspect UGA and Bama could destroy everybody not named UGA, Bama, and LSU with his system. The question is going to be when we don't have an NFL quality QB and outside WR, which will be usually, can we be successful against everybody but the two or three best SEC defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I'm sure Stevens will not throw Hellfire missiles at his receivers like Fitz. Stevens could be the secret sauce to make next season pretty damn special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't think this says anything about Mayden. He's a RS Freshman who's never played a meaningful snap. He needs more time.
    I understand what you are saying about Mayden, but one has to wonder about Shrader coming in and what the future holds for him as well.

I haven't a clue about KT but I don't see him wanting to redshirt IF he isn't the guy this fall. I just have a bad feeling he will leave and maybe sit a year somewhere else.