Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers just laid the two names out there

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    And ole miss is a legitimate threat to win a natty this year, and y’all wanna pinch ****ing pennies.
    They certainly are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1. Bohanon
    2. Deggs
    3. Minge
    4. Johnson

I'm betting it's one of those guys once it's done.
    I will be surprised if its Minge- again we get back to if he was the guy- he would have already been here instead of Cann. Kentucky is building him a new stadium also.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm leaning Bohanon or Deggs. AL just polished that turd of a stadium but it's still AL and they don't care about baseball. Deggs would be all over it and he was on the list the last time. Johnson would be the wildcard. The trump card is McDonnell though. Nobody knows how the issues at UL affect him. I still think it's a major long shot though.

vCash
    I think many of you are too volatile with your feelings about certain coaches depending on recent seasons. Particularly those that haven’t been at their school for 5-7+ years.

With college baseball recruiting getting earlier and earlier with kids committing in the 8th-9th grade, it’s almost impossible to truly get a great feel for a coaches ability to evaluate and recruit, until 5-7 years after he’s hired and actually has a roster full of his own recruits.

Because of the early recruiting, it takes time for a baseball coach to turn around a program.

It’s isnt like football or basketball where you can have a roster full of your own guy by year 2 or 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm leaning Bohanon or Deggs. AL just polished that turd of a stadium but it's still AL and they don't care about baseball. Deggs would be all over it and he was on the list the last time. Johnson would be the wildcard. The trump card is McDonnell though. Nobody knows how the issues at UL affect him. I still think it's a major long shot though.
    I'd hate to be a new AD- he was named this week as the permanent AD- and 2 months on the job the most successful coach on the staff leaves. You can bet he will do whatever to keep McDonnell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'd hate to be a new AD- he was named this week as the permanent AD- and 2 months on the job the most successful coach on the staff leaves. You can bet he will do whatever to keep McDonnell
    Does UL give full scholarships or partial like Miss schools?

vCash
    All this McD and Schossnagle talk has the feel of a mind-game against us MSU fans to really whack us hard with the announcement of Lane Boroughs

I think Kendall Rodgers has heard we will be offering major dollars but that’s doesn’t mean the coaches will take the deal. Or their present employers won’t match.

Four months away from the end of a nightmare season, we sound like Tennessee fans claiming Jon Gruden interest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    All this McD and Schossnagle talk has the feel of a mind-game against us MSU fans to really whack us hard with the announcement of Lane Boroughs

I think Kendall Rodgers has heard we will be offering major dollars but that’s doesn’t mean the coaches will take the deal. Or their present employers won’t match.

Four months away from the end of a nightmare season, we sound like Tennessee fans claiming Jon Gruden interest
    If we hire Lane Burroughs, I might go jump off the Grand Canyon. We can do a lot better imo (i.e. Ming, Butch, etc.)

Banned
    vCash
    Anybody who thinks lane would get the job ahead of Butch or mingione just simply doesn't have a clue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think many of you are too volatile with your feelings about certain coaches depending on recent seasons. Particularly those that haven’t been at their school for 5-7+ years.

With college baseball recruiting getting earlier and earlier with kids committing in the 8th-9th grade, it’s almost impossible to truly get a great feel for a coaches ability to evaluate and recruit, until 5-7 years after he’s hired and actually has a roster full of his own recruits.

Because of the early recruiting, it takes time for a baseball coach to turn around a program.

It’s isnt like football or basketball where you can have a roster full of your own guy by year 2 or 3.
    Sounds to me like you are making the case for paying above market value for a proven winner like McDonnell or Schlossnagle. We went for the up-and-comer with Cann, and while on the field he appeared to have the goods, he couldn’t keep his dick in his pants. We are at a point now where can’t gamble on the future of the program, or else we throw away whatever is left of the momentum from the new dude in the wake of the cann aftermath and a lost season. We need someone who is as close to a sure thing as possible. It’s gonna be embarrassing if we spend the $$ to build the best facilities in the country and can’t even make a regional for 3 or 4 years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    If we hire Lane Burroughs, I might go jump off the Grand Canyon. We can do a lot better imo (i.e. Ming, Butch, etc.)
    Lane won't even get a sniff of this job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Anybody who thinks lane would get the job ahead of Butch or mingione just simply doesn't have a clue.
    Yea, I don’t think he has a shot.

vCash
    Oh, and we will pay anyone on list A whatever it takes.
    I've heard the guy at UNC was a serious candidate. And the guy at Oklahoma St

vCash
    Louisville was dumb to hire that guy as the permanent AD. McDonnell doesn’t like him but he did just hire Chris Mack in the sport they really only care about so if they sacrificed McDonnell to get Chris Mack most to all Louisville fans will see that as a win. He’s not a good AD and has never had any experience at any level of being in sports administration. You or I could have hired Chris Mack away from Xavier to Louisville. I still think the timing is right for us to grab McDonnell.

vCash
    Lane won't even get a sniff of this job.
    Lane isn’t being mentioned by anyone on the inside for this job.

vCash
    haha- Nailed it. This is exactly how are baseball fans are right now

vCash

Jon Gruden was making millions working Monday night football, we are tossing around names that actually are coaching baseball. Coaching college baseball at that. Far from Tennessee fans delusion for like the 4th time in the last decade over Gruden.

vCash
    Remember when South Carolina thought they were getting Kevin O?Sullivan from Florida? We have matched their delusion, and we cannot match their baseball history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Jon Gruden was making millions working Monday night football, we are tossing around names that actually are coaching baseball. Coaching college baseball at that. Far from Tennessee fans delusion for like the 4th time in the last decade over Gruden.
    Gruden would have to have taken a pay cut to work twice as much if he took the UT job. That is a little more delusional than MSU fans thinking we might pay someone 10-15% more for the same work load. I doubt we throw enough money at someone like McDonnell that Louisville just doesn't come close to matching it. We might can for someone like O'Connor though because UVA has like 500 fans. UVA's attendance record is a little over 4k so not sure if they would be willing to match $$$ if we wanted him or maybe they do, who knows.

vCash
    It doesn?t matter if McDonnell started Louisville?s success- all recruits know now is that Louisville wins and they have nice facilities.

LSU wasn?t LSU before Bertman
    State wasn?t State before Gregory
    OM wasn?t OM before Bianco
    SC wasn?t a power before Tanner
    Corbin built Vandy
    whata his name built Fla State
    Frasier built Miami
    O?Conner has built Virginia

eveey good program has their builder and then the program usually sustains once it has achieved success for over a decade
    good point--Gregory had Tom D'armi as his right hand Man--he was huge for Paul Gregory.