Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers just laid the two names out there

vCash
    Thanks to ole missy hiring Kermit jr, he can expect a raise, bet money on it.

vCash
    Aaron Fitt is C34.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Kendall didn?t retreat from what he said and Aaron Fitt is doing more speculation then anything else. Whether you guys believe it or not, the interest is there. Hell, even 247 and Robbie Faulk are hearing Schlossnagle and McDonnell?s interest and viewing them as legitimate candidates. That was also a wah wah type of question probably from a Texas or South Carolina fan.
    I don't doubt the media folks are hearing about guys being interested, but I wonder how much of the buzz is coming from the agents who are trying to build leverage for raises vs. from coaches who'd actually jump at the opportunity (and I hope it's the latter). I don't think Mainieri was ever really leaving LSU - he just wanted to feel some love from F King, Alleva and their spoiled fan base. With his Carolina connections, I can see why O'Sullivan was in the mix, but I wonder if he was putting his name out there in public to make Stricklin realize he was serious about wanting the massive facilities upgrade.

That said Kendall is correct about timing being an issue, and at present it seems like that is a positive for MSU. Texas didn't have a permanent AD until last fall - if they had hired their new AD before the baseball hire, there's a good chance that Schlossnagle would be in Austin now. With a former coach as AD and our demonstrated commitment to baseball, I think MSU definitely offers a more stable base from which to build than any school that might be expected to make a change this year.

ETA - Schlossnagle had a Big XII non-compete clause, so he wouldn't have been able to go to Texas. (I think Tim Tadlock had a Texas-specific non-complete clause, too).
    Last edited by AusTexDawg; 03-27-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: corrected info per PreacherMatt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Kendall didn?t retreat from what he said and Aaron Fitt is doing more speculation then anything else. Whether you guys believe it or not, the interest is there. Hell, even 247 and Robbie Faulk are hearing Schlossnagle and McDonnell?s interest and viewing them as legitimate candidates. That was also a wah wah type of question probably from a Texas or South Carolina fan.
    BS- they just said what I said. There will be interest- but guys rarely leave a top program to go somewhere else. And for us- it?s highly unlikely it happens yet again. We are going to get some younger HC from a smaller school

and McDonnell and Scholss get raises at their schools
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    BS- they just said what I said. There will be interest- but guys rarely leave a top program to go somewhere else. And for us- it?s highly unlikely it happens yet again. We are going to get some younger HC from a smaller school
    I agree with you. Barring we go aTm jimbo fisher type of all in, we will not get those guys
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-27-2018 at 12:58 PM.

vCash

and McDonnell and Scholss get raises at their schools
    Do you have a list? Not including these guys.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    I don't doubt the media folks are hearing about guys being interested, but I wonder how much of the buzz is coming from the agents who are trying to build leverage for raises vs. from coaches who'd actually jump at the opportunity (and I hope it's the latter). I don't think Mainieri was ever really leaving LSU - he just wanted to feel some love from F King, Alleva and their spoiled fan base. With his Carolina connections, I can see why O'Sullivan was in the mix, but I wonder if he was putting his name out there in public to make Stricklin realize he was serious about wanting the massive facilities upgrade.

That said Kendall is correct about timing being an issue, and at present it seems like that is a positive for MSU. Texas didn't have a permanent AD until last fall - if they had hired their new AD before the baseball hire, there's a good chance that Schlossnagle would be in Austin now. With a former coach as AD and our demonstrated commitment to baseball, I think MSU definitely offers a more stable base from which to build than any school that might be expected to make a change this year.
    Schlosnagle has a Big 12 non-compete

vCash
    I do not. I have yet to talk to anybody plugged in yet about it. We obviously will shoot for a big name- and may get lucky but it’s highly unlikely. We offered Corbin before Cann and he said no. Hard to drag an established coach away from a top program. And don’t give me the timing crap thing about Corbin- he knew we were going to build a new stadium and that the State job likely wouldn’t be open again for 10 years if he didn’t take it.

I like the dude at Arizona and wonder if we could attract him to StarkVegas. Cohen recommended him to Byrne a few years ago.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Do you have a list? Not including these guys.
    I've asked these guys who say we won't get a big fish to give a list multiple times.. they won't give one. If we don't get a big fish then it will be mingione or butch and that's awesome. To have those 2 guys as plan b's is outstanding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Schlossnagel currently makes $1.4 mil at TCU
    He was almost the guy before Cann. Would make sense.

vCash
    How about O'Connor at Virginia? He has a pretty good track record and is still under 50. Virginia also doesn't support their team like a SEC team and I am not sure of how much he gets paid.

Banned
    vCash
    I do not. I have yet to talk to anybody plugged in yet about it. We obviously will shoot for a big name- and may get lucky but it?s highly unlikely. We offered Corbin before Cann and he said no. Hard to drag an established coach away from a top program. And don?t give me the timing crap thing about Corbin- he knew we were going to build a new stadium and that the State job likely wouldn?t be open again for 10 years if he didn?t take it.

I like the dude at Arizona and wonder if we could attract him to StarkVegas. Cohen recommended him to Byrne a few years ago.
    And johnson makes peanuts at Arizona. But, he's having a rough year this year so we have likely cooled on him some. I put him in the same category as butch and Ming. Plan B's.

U have...

Plan A's...
    McDonnell
    Schlosnagle
    Sully
    Corbin
    Tadlock
    O'Conner
    Casey
    Fox

Plan b's
    Ming
    Butch
    Johnson

And we will never get passed there. It's either a big fish(plan a) or anybody on the b list would crawl to Starkville. So, the verdict.... there is not a name on either list a or b that would not be a great hire. Bright days ahead for bulldog baseball.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    And johnson makes peanuts at Arizona. But, he's having a rough year this year so we have likely cooled on him some. I put him in the same category as butch and Ming. Plan B's.

U have...

Plan A's...
    McDonnell
    Schlosnagle
    Sully
    Corbin
    Tadlock
    O'Conner
    Casey
    Fox

Plan b's
    Ming
    Butch
    Johnson

And we will never get passed there. It's either a big fish(plan a) or anybody on the b list would crawl to Starkville. So, the verdict.... there is not a name on either list a or b that would not be a great hire. Bright days ahead for bulldog baseball.
    Oh, and we will pay anyone on list A whatever it takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I've asked these guys who say we won't get a big fish to give a list multiple times.. they won't give one. If we don't get a big fish then it will be mingione or butch and that's awesome. To have those 2 guys as plan b's is outstanding
    That’s my thinking as well. Worst case, Cohen pulls either of these. If we get Mingione, I want Kentucky’s hitting coach also.

vCash
    Nm

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    That’s my thinking as well. Worst case, Cohen pulls either of these. If we get Mingione, I want Kentucky’s hitting coach also.
    Absolutely agree. 100 percent on both accounts. If butch or Ming is worst case scenario then we are in good shape.

vCash
    1. Bohanon
    2. Deggs
    3. Minge
    4. Johnson

I'm betting it's one of those guys once it's done.

vCash
    Only MSU fans would balk at paying for proven winners after investing so much into building the new dude. We are long overdue to win a natty in baseball, literally no other program can offer the combo of financial support, fan support, and facilities that we can offer. We have a long history of being on the cusp, so if it cost us $5M a year to find the coach to get us there, so be it, I’m sick and tired of watching coastal Carolina and Fresno st win titles. Never mind how sick I am of programs who didn’t pay attention to college baseball until the last 15 years winning titles (Oregon st, vandy, usce). After the Cann debacle, I don’t want to gamble on an up and comer, I want a HC who has been to the CWS and built a consistent winner. If we aren’t committed to getting a guy like that then we wasted a lot of ****ing money on the new dude.

vCash
    We aren't going to pay $2M a year. I seriously doubt we'd consider more than $1.2M or $1.3M. That said, if McDonnell told us $1.5M, it'd sign him up.

vCash
    And ole miss is a legitimate threat to win a natty this year, and y’all wanna pinch ****ing pennies.