Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Yeah, I'm still resisting the urge to smack talk, but it is damn hard. This is the best I've felt going into a season since 1999. '98 was something of a dream season, but it was a let down at the end, and on paper it looked like we back-doored into the SEC West title. Then you look at the roster for what we had coming back in '99 and you just knew we were going to be Bad Ass. I've got that same vibe this year. And this team has such a chip on their shoulder wanting to prove Dan is a moron. It's a perfect storm.
1998-1999 is very similar, actually. Not exact, but similar. What were we in the regular season, 8-3? Which would be 9-3 with the schedules today, and what we should have been last year without the egg stupidity. 2013-2014 was similar, but not quite as talented overall as we are now, and we were in 1999. We made a 2 game jump after 1998, a 4 game jump after 2013. Take the average, and we make a 3 game jump to 11-1....well, let's hope that 1 isn't in Tuscaloosa.

Speaking of which - 1999, 2014 and 2018 all have the same thing in common - the road runs through that God forsaken town where MSU dreams go to die

2000 was probably our most talented year in recent history, but that year had expectations, which leads the team to play a totally different way, and we did not handle it well. Personally, I think this year is sort of a mix together of 1999 and 2000, plus an elite quarterback. Sky's the limit