Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot wait to see this defensive line

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    We aren't Bama good on the DLine in 2018. We will actually be better than them.

Care to speculate on the LB rotation? I know we will have Leo, Green, Gay, Thompson, et al. Our front 7 is going to be a ting of legend.

Get ready to book a January trip fellas.
    It's hard to speculate since we have so many. I never thought we'd see Lewis and Green as fourth and fifth year players honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    It's hard to speculate since we have so many. I never thought we'd see Lewis and Green as fourth and fifth year players honestly.
    Good point. With Sweat coming back also, it kind of begs the question - do you think they looked around and thought we have the talent to win big this next year if we all come back? Sweat certainly could have gone pro. Leo didn't have the year we hoped for, but I think we kind of know why. Green could have gone pro too, but who knows where he would have been drafted, if at all. We have had that happen in recent years. Bear Wilson and Beniquez Brown are two examples that come to mind. We brought everybody we could when a few players at least could have left.

What I've heard about our upcoming Dline is that Rivers will be our best pass rusher. When you have a guy like Montez Sweat on the line, and another guy named Jeffrey Simmons taking up double teams, it certainly makes me very optimistic.

vCash
    We aren't Bama good on the DLine in 2018. We will actually be better than them.

Care to speculate on the LB rotation? I know we will have Leo, Green, Gay, Thompson, et al. Our front 7 is going to be a ting of legend.

Get ready to book a January trip fellas.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Everytime I think of how good how Dline can be, I think about how ridiculous it would be if we would have signed Raekwon Davis
    This is very true but I want some CBs now. Our defensive boat looks like a battle ship up front and a canoe blown apart in the back half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This is very true but I want some CBs now. Our defensive boat looks like a battle ship up front and a canoe blown apart in the back half.
    Ditto over here too, Buddy....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Good point. With Sweat coming back also, it kind of begs the question - do you think they looked around and thought we have the talent to win big this next year if we all come back? Sweat certainly could have gone pro. Leo didn't have the year we hoped for, but I think we kind of know why. Green could have gone pro too, but who knows where he would have been drafted, if at all. We have had that happen in recent years. Bear Wilson and Beniquez Brown are two examples that come to mind. We brought everybody we could when a few players at least could have left.
    Sure, I think that plays into their minds. Bear and Brown left after 2015, and we lost a good bit besides them, namely Dak and Jones. 2016 showed that, plus Mullen himself was trying to get out after 2015. I can't really blame them. Morale was low after the end of 2015
    Last edited by 5049; 03-14-2018 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Get ready for everyone to underrate this year's DL, then use the guys we there lose to predict the entire D will be bad in 2019. We'll return Kobe, Spencer, Adams, Rivers(?) and Odom at DE, with Autry begin a solid DT and Lovett ready to go there too. The '19 DL Will be ok, but I'm calling it now- the media will use the loss of Simmons, Sweat, and Thomas to say the DL will be terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think not having Dan around to freak out on whoever our DC is will probably help overall performance on that side of the ball as well. It was like we gave up one big play and then it seemed like all we did was play soft zone the rest of the game.
    Grantham was a good DC but he screwed the pooch with UGA and AU and also with om. He let The Rock's younger brother treat us like a bitch for two quarters before we actually did something. Stidham and Fromm looked like Heisman winners in those games. Beyond pathetic. Grantham's defense has it's holes and can be exploited like a sixteen year old runaway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Grantham was a good DC but he screwed the pooch with UGA and AU and also with om. He let The Rock's younger brother treat us like a bitch for two quarters before we actually did something. Stidham and Fromm looked like Heisman winners in those games. Beyond pathetic. Grantham's defense has it's holes and can be exploited like a sixteen year old runaway.
    As much if not more blame goes to the offense in those loses as the defesne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    As much if not more blame goes to the offense in those loses as the defesne
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you Ari. Offensively, yes, we were pitiful but that flea flicker on the first play sent our defense into full retard. And Stidham could've made a ham sandwich in all the time he had in that pocket. And I think it's more on Mullen than Grantham. He didn't have us ready for UGA or AU.

vCash
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you Ari. Offensively, yes, we were pitiful but that flea flicker on the first play sent our defense into full retard. And Stidham could've made a ham sandwich in all the time he had in that pocket. And I think it's more on Mullen than Grantham. He didn't have us ready for UGA or AU.
    We gave up 14 first half points agianst UGA

And after the scoop and score against Aub that the ****ing official blows dead which should have made the score 7-7
    We go backwards on offense and kick fg.

Not saying the defense played well both those games. But scoring ZERO second half points when your in both games at halftime doesn’t help your Defesne .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We'll be fine. Peters and Dantzler are going to be good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Hell boy I catch them all the time in the pond down nare next to the house

Banned
    vCash
    It was 14-3 at halftime and that is because ******* went retard right before the half. Should have been 14-7

Probably doesn't matter but I'm just pointing out that ******* offense was overrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    It was 14-3 at halftime and that is because ******* went retard right before the half. Should have been 14-7

Probably doesn't matter but I'm just pointing out that ******* offense was overrated
    I agree about Dan's offense being overrated. He feasted on teams that weren't as talented and sucked in games with teams with a pulse. The hilarious part is you can tell that he thinks he's a football genius. That's why the Dan Walsh nickname was hilarious and appropriate.