Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope Eli Wright stays.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Stewart, Woodard and Frezell (sp?) should be red-shirted.
    Woodard shouldn't

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Same way I feel. Tough spot but it has to be Xay as a grad transfer or Eli leaving.
    Or X can just pay for his last year of school and MSU drops off a big box of juicy jumbos like I have been saying for a month now. It's not that difficult. MSU is dirt cheap. One year of juicy jumbos ain't hurting. Redshirt like 3 dudes too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Or X can just pay for his last year of school and MSU drops off a big box of juicy jumbos like I have been saying for a month now. It's not that difficult. MSU is dirt cheap. One year of juicy jumbos ain't hurting. Redshirt like 3 dudes too.
    Keep saying this isn't going to make it happen. None of these kids are going to give up their scholarship.

vCash
    I don't like to argue with you pnut, you are quite knowledgeable. Red-shirting is the answer of lack of minutes that we need to use.

vCash
    I don't like to argue with you pnut, you are quite knowledgeable. Red-shirting is the answer of lack of minutes that we need to use.
    There's only 2 possible guys who I see could RS. DJ Stewart, we're deep at guard & he can put on some weight. Feazell his minutes are going to be non existent with Holman & Perry at the 4. RS him & in 2019-2020 he & Perry get the 4 minutes. Woodard is going to find minutes somewhere. Maybe not a ton but he's going to find the floor some.

Banned
    vCash
    Keep saying this isn't going to make it happen. None of these kids are going to give up their scholarship.
    I would if I got a box of jumbos equal if not more than what that scholarship costs, just paperwork here not actual money lost

Banned
    vCash
    50 schools implicated by the FBI, $100,000 offered to Ayton and MSU can't get creative on how to pay for 1 basketball scholarship next year? Like really? I will say it in plain english. Play the ****ing game MSU. Handing someone a shit load of jumbos just so they'll say they are paying their own way for one year hurts nobody. We have a chance to have a very very strong team and Xavian can help us a lot. With all these schools worried about the FBI shit we might even sneak in and get a final four next year. Do NOT push Stapleton, Datcher or Eli out the door.

vCash
    Stewart, Woodard and Feazell should be red-shirted.
    You think Stewart and Woodard are coming here to redshirt? Hell no. Redshirting in college basketball is a pretty rare thing these days. And high 4 stars aren?t signing anywhere to sit

vCash
    There's only 2 possible guys who I see could RS. DJ Stewart, we're deep at guard & he can put on some weight. Feazell his minutes are going to be non existent with Holman & Perry at the 4. RS him & in 2019-2020 he & Perry get the 4 minutes. Woodard is going to find minutes somewhere. Maybe not a ton but he's going to find the floor some.

Feazell could benefit from a year on the weights and just another year to mature. Next season would be the ideal time for that to happen too. Good call there iyok. Don’t see DJ accepting a redshirt year. May do him some good but he didn’t sign to sit.

Banned
    vCash
    50 schools implicated by the FBI, $100,000 offered to Ayton and MSU can't get creative on how to pay for 1 basketball scholarship next year? Like really? I will say it in plain english. Play the ****ing game MSU. Handing someone a shit load of jumbos just so they'll say they are paying their own way for one year hurts nobody. We have a chance to have a very very strong team and Xavian can help us a lot. With all these schools worried about the FBI shit we might even sneak in and get a final four next year. Do NOT push Stapleton, Datcher or Eli out the door.
    Is what you're suggesting a common practice throughout the country? Are there examples on other teams where players are "paying their own way"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Feazell could benefit from a year on the weights and just another year to mature. Next season would be the ideal time for that to happen too. Good call there iyok. Don’t see DJ accepting a redshirt year. May do him some good but he didn’t sign to sit.
    Oh I agree on DJ & most kids don't RS it just doesn't happen but he'd likely play less minutes than Feazell played this year.

vCash
    Stewart Redshirts. Unless we have more than expected leaving or we get hit with injury bug.

vCash
    Even in the fantasy land you are living in, there still isn't enough minutes to go around. You'd be wasting your box of juicy jumbos on a guy that might average 3 minutes a game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Even in the fantasy land you are living in, there still isn't enough minutes to go around. You'd be wasting your box of juicy jumbos on a guy that might average 3 minutes a game.
    Stapleton averages more than 3 minutes a game. Not a waste of juicy jumbos.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Is what you're suggesting a common practice throughout the country? Are there examples on other teams where players are "paying their own way"?
    Varnado paid his own way his last year here and he's the all-time SEC blocks leader

Banned
    vCash
    Varnado paid his own way his last year here and he's the all-time SEC blocks leader
    Forgot about that. Speaking of him, what's he up to these days?

vCash
    Same way I feel. Tough spot but it has to be Xay as a grad transfer or Eli leaving.
    Seems to me if we bring in RPerry and the JUCO Center that Datcher becomes totally expendable. Heck, he's not getting much time right now without those 2 additional guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seems to me if we bring in RPerry and the JUCO Center that Datcher becomes totally expendable. Heck, he's not getting much time right now without those 2 additional guys.
    Looking to RS Feazell and Stewart next year. Attrition likely to come from Wright and/or X.Woodard should cut into X minutes. JC center 10-12 min/game. Perry at 4. Datcher will stay, comfortable with his role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'd rather have a 5th big than an 8th guard/wing.

vCash
    I'd rather have a 5th big than an 8th guard/wing.
    If Datcher leaves, we still have Ado, Holman, Jethro, Perry, and Feazell