Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope Eli Wright stays.

vCash

I hope Eli Wright stays.

He plays good defense, can rebound with the bigs (very sneaky hops), not a bad shooter, and can finish around the rim. Can do some things that the others cannot. Feel free to roast my lilly white ass!

Banned
    vCash
    what he did yesterday was awesome beyond belief. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. would definitely like him to stay.

vCash
    I hope it ain't Eli, actually I hope it isn't anybody, but somebody is going to have to go, We have 1 more coming in next year than we have scholarships for.

vCash
    I wasn’t with you weeks back but I am now. He’s played really well and is grinding out a role on the team. Somebody has to get processed and I hope it’s Datcher or X.

vCash
    Me too. Just don't see how we get him and Carter and DJ Stewart minutes next year. I'm sure Wright isn't thrilled with the minutes he's getting now. Do you cut Carter's minutes for Wright? Even if you wanted them all to stay, someone has to go based on the available scholarships. I certainly hope Lamar doesn't leave early, so it'll have to be Wright or Carter. With Carter being a hometown legacy...

Banned
    vCash
    Someone just needs to pay for school next year and MSU can give them some juicy jumbos on the low low

vCash
    X has my vote as does Datcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I wasn’t with you weeks back but I am now. He’s played really well and is grinding out a role on the team. Somebody has to get processed and I hope it’s Datcher or X.
    Could X be a grad transfer? If so, that seems like the best option to me.

vCash
    Cut X and Carter’s minutes and give them to Eli. Eli attacks the rim way more than those two. Datcher will probably be the one transferring if I had to guess.

vCash
    Would have to think if X leaves its because he will be a grad transfer. Don’t see him leaving to have to sit another year
    I having a feeling one if not both of Datcher / Eli are gone unless we have some others leave. Lamar still worries me. Lots of cash can be made overseas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Could X be a grad transfer? If so, that seems like the best option to me.
    I have no idea what his academics look like but it could be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Would have to think if X leaves its because he will be a grad transfer. Don’t see him leaving to have to sit another year
    I having a feeling one if not both of Datcher / Eli are gone unless we have some others leave. Lamar still worries me. Lots of cash can be made overseas.
    With you on everything in this post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boot View Post
    Cut X and Carter’s minutes and give them to Eli. Eli attacks the rim way more than those two. Datcher will probably be the one transferring if I had to guess.
    You cant cut Carters minutes if he is scoring. He is most consistent outside threat , and Eli can’t defend the 4

vCash
    Peters is my worry. He will certainly get bad advice about coming out for that green. He needs the structure of college for one more season as he develops a consistent 12 foot jumper plus more consistent from 3. Hopefully he will listen to the right people and not come out.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    He plays good defense, can rebound with the bigs (very sneaky hops), not a bad shooter, and can finish around the rim. Can do some things that the others cannot. Feel free to roast my lilly white ass!
    Just process Datcher. End of story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    That makes the most sense.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Peters is my worry. He will certainly get bad advice about coming out for that green. He needs the structure of college for one more season as he develops a consistent 12 foot jumper plus more consistent from 3. Hopefully he will listen to the right people and not come out.
    Not worried about Lamar right now. Things could change but he understands he needs a full season of play like his last 8-10 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    I don't think it's that simple. You would have Carter, Wright, Stewart, X and Woodard all playing for backup minutes at the 2 and 3 with maybe X and Woodard able to give single digit minutes at the 4 if Holman and Perry are both in foul trouble. No way you can keep everyone happy. I would rather have Datcher as an emergency 3rd 5 behind Ado and Jerhro than eight guys playing 1-3.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I don't think it's that simple. You would have Carter, Wright, Stewart, X and Woodard all playing for backup minutes at the 2 and 3 with maybe X and Woodard able to give single digit minutes at the 4 if Holman and Perry are both in foul trouble. No way you can keep everyone happy. I would rather have Datcher as an emergency 3rd 5 behind Ado and Jerhro than eight guys playing 1-3.
    Same way I feel. Tough spot but it has to be Xay as a grad transfer or Eli leaving.

vCash
    Stewart, Woodard and Feazell should be red-shirted.
    Last edited by msbulldog; 02-25-2018 at 11:27 AM.