Page 111 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Dude this class is very good just like it is. Do u realize how many 4 star kids we have committed right now?
    Dude, you realize we need linebackers & OL right?

This class is nowhere near taking full advantage of the talent in the state this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    How many misses until we are allowed to be worried?
    What are your realistic expectations of this class? Pick 5 uncommitted players that you think we should be able to easily land without them even tossing around the idea of another SEC or P5 school.

A reason of why you think they will have a hard time to turn us down is encouraged. I'm gonna rule out you being able to say because "They are in-state".

vCash
    Wonder who is recruiting Mississippi for FSU. They are earning their money thus far. May not get anybody to sign in the end but they have certainly gotten the attention of some of our top targets.

vCash
    We missed on Hall. Cross, Dean, Turnage were never that serious about us. Nothing we can do about those situations. We're about to pick up commits from two stud players the next two years. We're already ahead of the game that Mullen stuck us with.

vCash
    It's July guys... take a step back from the edge

Banned
    vCash
    Dude, you realize we need linebackers & OL right?

This class is nowhere near taking full advantage of the talent in the state this year.
    The season has not started yet. When we get these kids on campus for a huge game like Florida and we start getting talked about in the media and up in the top 10 you will begin to see some huge momentum shifts. Especially when teams like FSU end up 7-5. My suggestion is to listen to IYOK, ARI, and others. When they seen to be worried then fine, go worry, but right now they are quietly confident and so am I. We are going to miss some. Everyone does. But we have hit on a ton too. Go look at our class. It's good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    What are your realistic expectations of this class? Pick 5 uncommitted players that you think we should be able to easily land without them even tossing around the idea of another SEC or P5 school.

A reason of why you think they will have a hard time to turn us down is encouraged. I'm gonna rule out you being able to say because "They are in-state".
    Mingo
    Hall
    Cross
    Young
    Gray

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We missed on Hall. Cross, Dean, Turnage were never that serious about us. Nothing we can do about those situations. We're about to pick up commits from two stud players the next two years. We're already ahead of the game that Mullen stuck us with.
    Exactly.

Banned
    vCash
    Mingo
    Hall
    Cross
    Young
    Gray
    We will get Mingo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    We will get Mingo
    If we can keep Jackson, that's a great WR class. Best ever probably.

Young would be nice, but not critical due to the DL class we already have committed.

That leaves Hall, Cross, & Gray as the three critical players & we lead for none of them.

Banned
    vCash
    What I expect as a fan is 100% effort from our coaches, players and Admin folk, nothing more, nothing less. I came away damned impressed the way Jo Mo held our commits in check when he took over day 1. Stats are not kept on that but for a new HC without being a household name to do what he did tells me there's no lack of effort on our HC or the assistants. And look at the 2019 commit list. What have these new coaches done since they've been here that would question their work effort and style? Sometimes the other guy is just gonna beat you in this game, both in recruiting and on the field. That's the way this shit works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    What I expect as a fan is 100% effort from our coaches, players and Admin folk, nothing more, nothing less. I came away damned impressed the way Jo Mo held our commits in check when he took over day 1. Stats are not kept on that but for a new HC without being a household name to do what he did tells me there's no lack of effort on our HC or the assistants. And look at the 2019 commit list. What have these new coaches done since they've been here that would question their work effort and style? Sometimes the other guy is just gonna beat you in this game, both in recruiting and on the field. That's the way this shit works.
    Good points.

Just disappointing to see us struggle to take that next step when these in-state players could easily make that happen

We also my never see a more talented in-state class in our life times

Banned
    vCash
    Good points.

Just disappointing to see us struggle to take that next step when these in-state players could easily make that happen

We also my never see a more talented in-state class in our life times
    2020's not strong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    2020's not strong?
    Maybe but not as strong as this year.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We're .008 (Brooks) & .016 (Cunningham) from having 9 4* in this class. This class is going great. There are going to be some misses it happens every year but the overreaction on recruiting since the Emery stuff has just been crazy. Yes we need a couple more good OL we know. Yes we need another talented LB we know. We're a Top 12 recruiting class with a legit shot to be in the Top 10 going into August. Take a step back, breath, & realize we're doing damn good & we're going to be fine. It's almost like JoeMo spoiled you guys too early with this class. I guess he should've spaced the commitments out for some of you instead of going on runs because as soon as there is a little lull people start getting antsy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's July guys... take a step back from the edge
    By Sept.1 most top 20 schools will have committed over 80% of their class. Of those, commits less than 20% will flip. So yea there is a sense of urgency. That's why we are starting to look at 'diamond in the rough' kids now to fill holes in our class at RB, LB and OL.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    By Sept.1 most top 20 schools will have committed over 80% of their class. Of those, commits less than 20% will flip. So yea there is a sense of urgency. That's why we are starting to look at 'diamond in the rough' kids now to fill holes in our class at RB, LB and OL.
    What diamond in the rough RB are we looking at?
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 07-27-2018 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Hattiesburg? Tallahassee would be the biggest city in MS and is the state capitol. Close to the Gulf and Panama City, etc. I?ve never thought Hattiesburg when I?ve been in Tallahassee
    Tallahassee area is a bit smaller than Jackson metro, however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Tallahassee area is a bit smaller than Jackson metro, however.
    I was meaning population size but yeah geographically it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    What diamond in the rough RB are we looking at?
    Peter Hayes-Patrick