Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?
    correct that people don't change
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?
    Haha...I wouldn't do Spiderman like that.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it?s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss? fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can?t change who you are.
    Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.

But true, most people tend to do the same thing over and over for whatever reason. Animals are creatures of habit and humans may be some of the worst.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.
    Best thing ever happened to me. I thank the guy on a daily basis.

vCash
    The investigation caused them a set back. I think everyone gets that. They won't stop though and they'll be right back where they were in 5 years. Losing Hugh Freeze isn't that big of deal. Matt Luke is just as good of a coach as Freeze, and so is anyone else they'd get. If Freeze was any good they would've been competing for national championships. God knows they were getting the talent. Their head coach is much more of a political figure than an actual coach to me.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM.
    Which signees?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Which signees?
    Im going to keep that one on the DL.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Im going to keep that one on the DL.
    That is for the best.

vCash
    Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.
    Because Sanky was the chair of the committee. Recusal be damned
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    They have been clipped. I assume in a few years the pressure will build and it will kick back in. However there are a lot of boosters who can't do anything right now.

vCash
    “Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.”
    That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?
    well for om it usually included night time companionship and other enticements, the car keys and $'s came later. None of that will change just they have gotten an ok from the ncaa now.

vCash
    Lost in the echo of what many deem as ?disappointing? is this specific sanction: ?Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.?

Let that sink in. Based on our (the elitedawgs) intel, most of the infractions that OM partakes in are during the ?unofficial visits?.

Now- dwell on this. OM lost these things thru this investigation:
    - Hugh Freeze
    - Cam Akers (see my other thread that Ive bumped)
    - 2 bowl games
    - $20 million
    - 13 schollys
    - AND the asst coach (Farrar) with the black book that ran the empire

Id say the OM was hit significantly. Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM. Its also a fact that he did not enroll at OM only because of the looming investigation. This info came straight from a former coach to my ears. You can see that thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...-an-Old-friend
    Everything you say is true, but they should have gotten hit with 30 scholarships.

vCash
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.
    bookmark this. I'm thinking you will be wrong here vegas. I'm sure you are hoping I'm right, but time will surely tell very soon. no?

vCash
    Exactly. Hell, their 2019 class is already picking up. I fully expect them their recruiting to get back to normal within 2 years.

The ONLY real penalties they got were:

2018 ruined due to ongoing investigation
    Loss of bowl game next year
    Hiring Matt Luke

Maybe #3 will be the worst part and will hurt. But if so, they won't keep him long.

vCash
    I think those, Ole Miss law dogs call it, "A precedent".

vCash
    The NCAA did sanction them per the matrix. The big issue I see with it is that they classified the case as Level 1 - Standard, as opposed to Level 1 - Aggravated, and then they reduced scholarships by only 15% which is on the low end of the matrix's range for Level 1 - Standard (12.5%-25%). I just don't see how a case with that many violations -- including academic fraud, pay for play, coaches setting up recruits with boosters, LOIC and the head coaching responsibility charge -- could qualify as anything other than Aggravated (I thought it would based on the LOIC charge alone). At the very least it should have included the most severe Standard penalties that the matrix would allow.

Bottom line is that if this case didn't meet the criteria for Level 1 - Aggravated, then I don't see how any case ever will without it being in the repeat violator window.