Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
-disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
-They kept Luke who knows the drill
-They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.
That's the thing though- for them to go to the Sugar Bowl and things like that they HAVE to recruit National. They have a hard time recruiting against MSU even with Dan there at certain positions- particularly on the defensive side of the ball- and we are likely about to improve our recruiting and also are in a period of sustained success. Heck, the only way that they have been able to compete against us the past ten years was to recruit nationally as well. Or hurt our QB.

And if they recruit nationally, if you are a recruit and all things are equal, where would you choose to go if you are a recruit and your options are say Alabama, Notre Dame, or whoever the local blueblood schools (For example Texas, A&M, TCU, for a player from Texas) are?

They are not the top school in the state anymore and the enrollment figures reflect that and they are starting to lose power in the positions that they have traditionally held power for years.

And believe me they never have stopped going local even after 2013 at all.