Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional Attendance

vCash

Regional Attendance

Not a crowd approaching 5,000, and MSU vs USA was the most attended game. Nice job, Eagles.

vCash
    Is that ticket sell or attendance. Seems like every school does it different.

vCash
    2nd time to host in history......Don't fill it up once, biggest crowd is a game USM didn't even play in.

That can't be easy to swallow. I guess they can try to use rain as an excuse, but still

vCash
    Would we expect a drop in attendance for the final because it's on a Monday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I would think so. But if it goes to a winner take all game tonight, I expect a maroon tidal wave headed down 49 around 4:00pm

vCash
    Too lazy to look it up but I'd bet USM had a larger draw than most of the hosts.

vCash
    Just looked it up.

LSU, Arkansas, and Texas Tech were the only teams to outdraw USM yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    Just looked it up.

Tough to get numbers when you have 10 fans. Even if you let them scan in extra tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Is that ticket sell or attendance. Seems like every school does it different.
    That's the official gate count. They clear the stadium before every session and then scan new tickets.

vCash
    Just looked it up.

And?

Y'all bought up all the tickets discouraging MSU fans from coming, and then didn't fill it up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    And?

Y'all bought up all the tickets discouraging MSU fans from coming, and then didn't fill it up
    I'm saying that our attendance is very good compared to the others. And the stadium has been filled up. Couple empty stadium seats but the Roost/GA has been packed. A lot of those people are not scanned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not a crowd approaching 5,000, and MSU vs USA was the most attended game. Nice job, Eagles.

Embarrassing. Not even a top 15 crowd in that bunch for their stadium. I don't want to hear any excuses when they supposedly had 5458 against UM earlier this year...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Yes. It happened to us in 2013 vs Central Arkansas. Crowd was around 8600 for the Monday Championship game vs Central Arkansas. The previous day's game vs UCA was over 10k

I'm saying that our attendance is very good compared to the others. And the stadium has been filled up. Couple empty stadium seats but the Roost/GA has been packed. A lot of those people are not scanned.
    I understand the crowds have been "good", but why did you cut off ticket sells below your all time attendance record? That makes zero sense to me. It just screams of "let's be dicks and keep MSU fans out".

There were lots of people dressed up like empty golden chairs at the Sunday game you played against South Alabama. Where were all the fans that bought up these tickets?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Don't buy up all the tickets then don't fill it up. Just makes the host look like a ****ing douchebag. I love whataburger, and had a double cheeseburger hangover meal yesterday, but I don't want to ****ing hear we had more than others hosting. Not one more ****ing time.

vCash
    The difference is... we host (and no we didn't earn the right to i know) we set records. You host and you can't even break into your top 15 with what many consider to be your best team ever.
    Does that effect today's games at all? Nope.. but it's an interesting note to discuss before the games start...

vCash
    This isn't a shot at usm (at least not meant to be), but most usm "fans" couldn't give a shit. Whether it be football, baseball, whatever. Hattiesburg is the most "keeping up with the jones's" town I've ever seen and it spills over to being a usm "fan". Quite a few people you see wearing usm garb are doing it because they want to be a part of something that they see their neighbor being a part of. I know many middle aged true usm fans/alums that don't really get worked up over sports b/c they realize the predicament they are in. Where all of these obnoxious 17'ers fit into their fandom hierarchy, I don't really know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Hattiesburg is the most "keeping up with the jones's" town I've ever seen
    You must live in Lamar County.

vCash
    The Roost/GA has been cleared after every game and those people had to re-scan for the next session. That's an NCAA rule, so I believe the numbers are fairly accurate.

Just Hattiesburg? Most larger cities in Mississippi, and across the entire south are like that. It really has nothing at all to do with USM.

Our fanbase has a more "keeping up with the Jones's" attitude than USM's does.