Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rick Ray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Good Guys, maybe so. I am not convinced. They screwed over some players, we're both hardheaded. And both couldn't coach a girls T ball team. I didn't like either one from the first game they Coached. The Job was miles over their Heads. They didn't have enough sense to hire
    Enough good assistants to bail their dumb asses out. Our DC won Croom enough games to get him named Coach of the Year, thenSly got fired the next year, go figure.

Too bad Ray didn't teach our team how to,pay defense or set a pick. If He had it wouldn't have taken Howland half a season to actually have a team that could play. Croom and Ray they were awful , don't really care if they are nice guys.
    Thanks for your thoughts that are completely irrelevant to this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    We all know the real reason Croom was named COY (besides Ellis).
    Thanks for reminding everyone how our fanbase is not immune from being small minded victims of reverse racism.

Good heavens how DIDNT you grow up an ole miss fan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts that are completely irrelevant to this thread.
    Didn't mean to piss off your Croom loving self. Sorry I just don't think Ray and Croom deserve all the love y'all were throwing out. I would expect it from You, I'm sure Croom sends you Christmas Cards.

vCash
    Didn't mean to piss off your Croom loving self. Sorry I just don't think Ray and Croom deserve all the love y'all were throwing out. I would expect it from You, I'm sure Croom sends you Christmas Cards.
    This was about giving Ray credit for being a great guy. It had nothing to do with his coaching ability and certainly nothing to do with Croom.

But yes, I'm the one with the agenda here...

vCash
    Oh yeah coaching ability wise Croom and Ray were terrible but I do believe they were good men. You can seperate the man from the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Oh yeah coaching ability wise Croom and Ray were terrible but I do believe they were good men. You can seperate the man from the coach.
    State fans cannot. It is amazing how ignorant we can behave when someone takes our program over when it's a dumpster fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I will disagree about Croom. I have actually seen him twice after he got fired and both times he said that he will always love the university and its fans.

Are you just bringing up the Croom story from SEC network , bc I'm sure they had to put the "Hollywood drama" into it.
    I don't find it hard to believe that he likes MSU and our fans. He seems like a genuinely good guy, and I think his personality was a really good fit for MSU......so I would imagine that he got along with people pretty well, and was well liked on a personal level.

Yes, I was referring to the SEC Storied episode on Croom, and his comments definitely could have been taken out of context. But my point was that I could at least see where some of our fans could see Croom as ungrateful and unwilling to take responsibility for the shitty product that he put on the field because of those comments.....I cannot see any reason for any of our fans to have anything negative to say about Ray as a person.

For the record, I don't hold any ill will towards Croom. I remember him as being a good, likable guy who just wasn't a good head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    State fans cannot. It is amazing how ignorant we can behave when someone takes our program over when it's a dumpster fire.
    Some might say it's ignorant to paint with a such broad brush.......there are plenty of State fans (and I would bet it's a majority of the fans over 30) that are capable of separating the man from the coach.

Some might also say that it's ignorant to imply that it is only our fans that lash out at coaches that don't perform, regardless of the situation that they inherited or the type of person that they are........this happens at every single Power 5 program in the country. Honestly, I am amazed that you find it amazing.

vCash
    Both were woefully incompetent and should return at least half the money they took from State. Both were self imposed death penalties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Some might say it's ignorant to paint with a such broad brush.......there are plenty of State fans (and I would bet it's a majority of the fans over 30) that are capable of separating the man from the coach.

Some might also say that it's ignorant to imply that it is only our fans that lash out at coaches that don't perform, regardless of the situation that they inherited or the type of person that they are........this happens at every single Power 5 program in the country. Honestly, I am amazed that you find it amazing.
    I stand corrected. It is not all state fans. It is actually a vocal group on message boards. But I made no comment about it being ONLY our fans. I neither insinuated or inferred anything of the sort My comment is the disregard to decency. This thread contains a perfect example. And yes I am amazed. There exist plenty of schools where indecent ignorant thought is cultivated and my amazement is that these people don't gravitate there

vCash
    I stand corrected. It is not all state fans. It is actually a vocal group on message boards.
    Agreed.

But I made no comment about it being ONLY our fans. I neither insinuated or inferred anything of the sort My comment is the disregard to decency. This thread contains a perfect example. And yes I am amazed. There exist plenty of schools where indecent ignorant thought is cultivated and my amazement is that these people don't gravitate there
    When you said "State fans cannot." as opposed to something like "Sports fans cannot.", I took it to be directed specifically at our fans......I was probably just reading too much into the statement, so my mistake. I don't disagree with what you are saying. And I am also often amazed by some people's indecency......however, ignorance has become so commonplace that I have come to expect it.

vCash
    Everyone loving the guy because he's such a good person is what made it so hard to call him out for an absolutely deplorable team. I liked the guy the whole time and tried to be patient before rising him hard on the boards, but I said it halfway into his first season, he was never going to win at State. I think he's a great assistant and someone you want around your program, but he's not a head coach type. Maybe too nice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Everyone loving the guy because he's such a good person is what made it so hard to call him out for an absolutely deplorable team. I liked the guy the whole time and tried to be patient before rising him hard on the boards, but I said it halfway into his first season, he was never going to win at State. I think he's a great assistant and someone you want around your program, but he's not a head coach type. Maybe too nice?
    Leo Durocher said it. Nice guys finish last. To really appreciate how bad Ray was just look at our defense the first ten games and our defense the last ten games. Watch our ability to now set a pick and shoot off of it, and as Howland said when he got here they acted as they had never heard of a screen. Who really cares if he is nice or an ass. I just am glad he is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Only complaint fans had was his lack of experience before getting the job, and the performance of the team after. Only fault I had with him was his judgement in trying to take my seats for his wife. I did say trying.
    That's pretty funny.

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks for reminding everyone how our fanbase is not immune from being small minded victims of reverse racism.

Good heavens how DIDNT you grow up an ole miss fan?
    Lol you still denying why Croom got the job too?