Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1750

Thread: 2016 MSU Football Recruiting Thread

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This is why he's kind of in a no win situation this last week. If things go left & he doesn't get these kids everyone gets to scream & say he needs to go. On the other hand he could sweep all the instate guys & some will say what's the big deal that's what he's supposed to do. I guess my biggest thing is why can't we wait 1 more week (7 Days THANK YOU GOD) before we combust & explode & complain. Let's at least see what the ending is before we meltdown. That's a foreign concept to MSU fans though. Meant for no one in particular.
    I'm sorry, but that's chicken shit. He's dealing with the same issues that other schools are dealing with. Why is it a big thing that we wait until one more week to talk about the possibilities?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Another hankerson CB... Think it's a reflection on aj, farrar, or neither?
    http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ight=hankerson

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's chicken shit. He's dealing with the same issues that other schools are dealing with. Why is it a big thing that we wait until one more week to talk about the possibilities?
    You totally missed the point but ok.

vCash
    I don't know who all we will end up with. I feel good about several guys. AJ is a hot button topic because he is from Starkville and a great player. I know there are not 2 schools combined who have recruited and spent time with him, and Simmons for that matter, more than us. It looks like WE are choosing to not bring in the JUCO WR this weekend. That may change as everything does at the end of the recruiting cycle. If we do its not an indication that we are missing on someone. But like I posted the other day. We still sit with 15 commits and are not scrambling to find players just to fill out the class. Confidence seems pretty high where we sit on a lot of targets.

vCash
    This is why he's kind of in a no win situation this last week. If things go left & he doesn't get these kids everyone gets to scream & say he needs to go. On the other hand he could sweep all the instate guys & some will say what's the big deal that's what he's supposed to do. I guess my biggest thing is why can't we wait 1 more week (7 Days THANK YOU GOD) before we combust & explode & complain. Let's at least see what the ending is before we meltdown. That's a foreign concept to MSU fans though. Meant for no one in particular.
    Exactly right, it's almost like as a fanbase we search for a reason to be unhappy. We are smack dab in the middle of our greatest football era ever, the program is healthier than it's ever been but still people complain. I agree some things could be a little better but building a program from scratch is a work in progress. Overall I'm completely happy with the direction we are headed and if we close big next week it will show we are getting there even more so!

Let it play out.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-27-2016 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don't know who all we will end up with. I feel good about several guys. AJ is a hot button topic because he is from Starkville and a great player. I know there are not 2 schools combined who have recruited and spent time with him, and Simmons for that matter, more than us. It looks like WE are choosing to not bring in the JUCO WR this weekend. That may change as everything does at the end of the recruiting cycle. If we do its not an indication that we are missing on someone. But like I posted the other day. We still sit with 15 commits and are not scrambling to find players just to fill out the class. Confidence seems pretty high where we sit on a lot of targets.
    This

Stop listening to sources and use common sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Agree 100%.

This is one of our problems as well. If we can't lock down 1/2 of the top 12 in the state, then we need to cast a wider net. We frankly just do not have enough names left on the board for a class w/ only 15 commits. We have to almost hit 90% from here on out to have a full class.
    This is the best argument for staying calm. Our staff is not incompetent. They may be trailing in some of the SEC recruiting tactics, but if they didn't have reason to feel good, they wouldn't be twiddling their thumbs, you'd see us scrambling with back-up plans, which for the most part I don't see happening. I'm not particularly optimistic, but if the staff isn't scrambling yet, I have to think they have reason for that.

vCash
    We frankly just do not have enough names left on the board for a class w/ only 15 commits. We have to almost hit 90% from here on out to have a full class.

We have 10ish more spots. The board is Brown, Brown, Simmons, Knott, Lashley, Hankerson, Turnier, Dowdell, Reese, Cushenberry, Davis, Jones & Farrar (he's "committed" but I'm putting him here because we have to convince him not to flip). There's a lot of star power in that list. And not only that, but star power at positions of NEED.

That's 13 main targets. If the staff felt they weren't getting the majority of those guys, wouldn't we see a lot of late offers going out? We haven't seen that at all. There's been no scrambling to try and get a bunch of kids to visit last minute and no offers going out to prospects we've never heard off. That is part of the reason I feel good about finishing strong.

EDIT: What Johnson85 said...should have read your post first.

vCash
    Let's at least see what the ending is before we meltdown. That's a foreign concept to MSU fans though. Meant for no one in particular.
    This is exactly my opinion. All these discussions are valid to have if things go poorly NEXT WEEK. To banter on right now about our shortcomings in recruiting isn't helping anything 1 week out from signing day. I mean the big targets everyone is worried about haven't committed anywhere yet. A lot of you have already written off Farrar yet he is still committed to us as of today. Right now I'm reserving judgement until I see where everyone ends up. If we basically end up getting skunked then a lot things should be discussed, but that hasn't happened. We could still end up with an excellent class when all is said and done. Just like you don't judge a season until its over, we shouldn't be judging our recruiting class until the signatures are in.

vCash
    3 Nigel knott cb's to om and Zach farrar to Oklahoma

vCash
    People are throwing spaghetti at the wall right now. Leo's CB was changed numerous times in the last week last year.

At this point, there is too much noise for certainty on uncommitted guys, unless of course, you are certain.

If the CB guys really knew what was going on, they would have made their picks long before now.

vCash
    All by Ole Miss mods. Yet, they wont pull the trigger on AJ. So easy to see through the BS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    People are throwing spaghetti at the wall right now. Leo's CB was changed numerous times in the last week last year.

At this point, there is too much noise for certainty on uncommitted guys, unless of course, you are certain.

If the CB guys really knew what was going on, they would have made their picks long before now.
    And Crystal Balled AJ/Simmons to Ole Miss or Bama....

Banned
    vCash
    This is one of our problems as well. If we can't lock down 1/2 of the top 12 in the state, then we need to cast a wider net. We frankly just do not have enough names left on the board for a class w/ only 15 commits. We have to almost hit 90% from here on out to have a full class.
    I still don't get all these statements. We only have 15 commits, but we already have one more commitment than we even have spots available at present time (14). A lot of people are freaking out about this on both sides. The optimists are saying we don't have many names left on the board because we are super confident in all the big names. The pessimists are saying we don't have enough names left to be able to sign a full class. Both of those viewpoints are 100% false. On paper, our class is already as full as it can be for us in regards to the 85 man limit. How many big names come our way on signing day simply dictates how many guys we are going to have to process in the summer. Its not in any way indicative of our coaches' confidence in landing the remaining players on the board, nor is it a doomsday scenario for our class size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I still don't get all these statements. We only have 15 commits, but we already have one more commitment than we even have spots available at present time (14). A lot of people are freaking out about this on both sides. The optimists are saying we don't have many names left on the board because we are super confident in all the big names. The pessimists are saying we don't have enough names left to be able to sign a full class. Both of those viewpoints are 100% false. On paper, our class is already as full as it can be for us in regards to the 85 man limit. How many big names come our way on signing day simply dictates how many guys we are going to have to process in the summer. Its not in any way indicative of our coaches' confidence in landing the remaining players on the board, nor is it a doomsday scenario for our class size.
    55e.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dawgtini; 01-27-2016 at 05:11 PM.

vCash
    14 spots? You count extremely differently than the 64 returning scholarship players I count on the roster.

We generally sign to 87-88. Room for 23-24 exactly as everyone is saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Well how much more can be said without knowing the results? Way too much B.S has been stated and threats made that that cannot possible be backed up. And so just how much choice do you have? Wake me up Wed am, becaause unless these guys verbally commit before then, you or I will not know. But I wish I did. Don't pee into the wind.

vCash
    Most of those were from UNM site and David Johnson

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    14 spots? You count extremely differently than the 64 returning scholarship players I count on the roster.

We generally sign to 87-88. Room for 23-24 exactly as everyone is saying.
    Here is my count of scholarship guys departing from last year's roster:
    1) Will Redmond
    2) Zach Jackson
    3) Dak Prescott
    4) Joe Morrow
    5) Taveze Calhoun
    6) Kendrick Market
    7) Devon Bell
    8) Ryan Brown
    9) Justin Malone (counting him, but he may come back)
    10) Rufus Warren
    11) Damien Robinson
    12) Darion Hutcherson
    13) Keith Joseph (RIP)
    14) Derunnya Wilson
    15) Beniquez Brown
    16) Chris Jones

The last time I counted was a few weeks ago before Beni declared, and I also forgot about Joseph so thats how I ended up at 14. But still, that's only 16 guys (possibly 15 if Malone comes back) leaving and we have 15 commitments. So if you are right about the 64 returnees, that means we did some self-imposed 5 scholarship probation and only dressed 80 scholarship players last year. If there's someone or something that I'm missing, please let me know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Most of the people I talk to are confident, so I'm going to try to remain confident myself. That being said, I've always had a tough time buying the old "Mullen is planning a big finish" bit, for 2 reasons....

1. I'm just not sure Mullen is capable of getting multiple high profile guys to play that game.

2. Why would you risk pushing your biggest recruits to go to Bama & Ole Miss for the sake of a big(ger) announcement? That would be like privately asking your wife to marry you, but sending her to Tom Brady, Channing Tatum, & Brad Pitt's houses before you tell your family in order to "build suspense". It's ****ing stupid.

I just really hope on signing day we Arent trying to talk ourselves into a 3 star WR & a 3 star DT being equal to AJ & Simmons bc we missed on them. That would be very disappointing.
    Yeah I'm not buying the whole Mullen is trying to build suspense narrative/guess either. He just doesnt seem the type to do that. I dont think we get AJ anymore cause he's not made any plans to OV here. If he were interested in BB too he'd have made an effort to meet Cohen & staff. He hasnt made any effort to do anything msu related. Think he's Bama bound & wanting to get out of Stark. Simmons is prob Usiss bound & I'm sure D. Brown to aub & Farrar to OK. R. Davis & Knott to Bama also.