Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1750

Thread: 2016 MSU Football Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I just am not worried about AJ. No inside info or anything, but no kid is going to eliminate their hometown school before signing day by way of canceling an official visit. These events that transpire between now and signing day have very little useful information you can draw from. Just gotta wait til signing day.
    I'm beginning to worry. I'm interesting in looking at past Starkville/Oxford players and seeing for the ones that drug it out to the end, what happened.

They have two commits this cycle that shut it down before there senior year even started. The last Oxford player who waited until signing day to announce was the fat qb (forgot his name) and tried to go to LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Or maybe he did something goofy to encourage AJ to commit now to "help the coaches" and Brown has cut him off and Rosebowl is interpreting that as "he won't talk to MSU media so he is going to Bama". Meanwhile Paul talks to AJ yesterday.
    Yea that's just not true at all and frankly is dumb. Steve had communication with AJ yesterday.

vCash
    Apparently Derrick brown is trending Auburn ...
    I said before DB going to UGA is fine , but there is no reason we should lose this kid to anyone else ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcmortgageman View Post
    Yea that's just not true at all and frankly is dumb. Steve had communication with AJ yesterday.
    We will find out today/tomorrow who is right.

vCash
    Most of the people I talk to are confident, so I'm going to try to remain confident myself. That being said, I've always had a tough time buying the old "Mullen is planning a big finish" bit, for 2 reasons....

1. I'm just not sure Mullen is capable of getting multiple high profile guys to play that game.

2. Why would you risk pushing your biggest recruits to go to Bama & Ole Miss for the sake of a big(ger) announcement? That would be like privately asking your wife to marry you, but sending her to Tom Brady, Channing Tatum, & Brad Pitt's houses before you tell your family in order to "build suspense". It's ****ing stupid.

I just really hope on signing day we Arent trying to talk ourselves into a 3 star WR & a 3 star DT being equal to AJ & Simmons bc we missed on them. That would be very disappointing.

vCash
    AJ- Bama
    Simmons- UMiss
    Derrick brown- Auburn

If this happens, CDM has a lot to answer too... And if this happens in year 8 , coming off 10-2, 8-4 regular season then is there any reason to believe it will get any better...

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    I am not gonna bash either dude because they all have their plus' and minuses when it comes to personality and recruiting and coverage. But I will say this. When it comes to kids and coaches from the Golden Triangle area, trust Paul. He has been there and knows those kids and coaches and has built that trust. Steve is still an outsider in that area and it will take him a few years. If he did talk to AJ there would be a huge story on the site. All those guys have egos. All of them. And if you get a high profile guy to talk to you there is always a story. Always

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    AJ- Bama
    Simmons- UMiss
    Derrick brown- Auburn

If this happens, CDM has a lot to answer too... And if this happens in year 8 , coming off 10-2, 8-4 regular season then is there any reason to believe it will get any better...
    Who does he have to answer to? Serious question. Who?

Let's break this down. The fans? He has given them a winning product since he has been there. He always gets us to a bowl. From where we were before. He has down his job.

Boosters? Shouldn't you donate money to your school because you love your school. Not because you want to be able to call shots and get inside info. Here's a tip. When you get inside info. Keep your damn mouth shut and you will get more. And again the wins totals prove he is making your investment worth while.

The thing some fail to see. We can't recruit like ole miss. We can't. For this reason. After what happened with Mirando we are always under the microscope. Always. If freeze gets busted he will be too. But we got caught once. So he has to walk a fine line now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    AJ- Bama
    Simmons- UMiss
    Derrick brown- Auburn

Agree. No reason to believe we can ever take the next step under this staff and that's sad because they are so good in other areas.

That being said though, I've decided to not judge till signing day. Seems to be a waste of time to do it before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post

Let's break this down. The fans? He has given them a winning product since he has been there. He always gets us to a bowl. From where we were before. He has down his job.

Boosters? Shouldn't you donate money to your school because you love your school. Not because you want to be able to call shots and get inside info. Here's a tip. When you get inside info. Keep your damn mouth shut and you will get more. And again the wins totals prove he is making your investment worth while.

The thing some fail to see. We can't recruit like ole miss. We can't. For this reason. After what happened with Mirando we are always under the microscope. Always. If freeze gets busted he will be too. But we got caught once. So he has to walk a fine line now
    You make great points and I struggle with this.

However, in the end, is our goal to go to bowls or to Atlanta? If it's the latter, you can't do that with our current recruiting. Every year we talk about the adjustments the coaches should make in recruiting, but they don't seem to make them. I'm not sure what the answer is, but we don't appear to be getting closer to our goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post

I never brought up one thing about UMiss recruiting... We all know how they roll and what is about to happen there..
    But if we are going to praise CDM for what he has done here , then your damn right he should be held accountable for this as well..
    If the next step is going to be taken then we have to close some of these guys...

A kid from your own back yard.. Possible the best WR to come out of the state in decades
    A DL not 40 minutes away who could step in from day one and be a difference maker
    A top 10 player in the country who's parents are MSU grads , if it's not UGA then there is no reason it shouldn't be use. If what all that was being said is true about the parents wanting him here..
    Last edited by mic; 01-27-2016 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    I didn't say you mentioned ole miss. But here's my whole point Brother. This isn't a shot at you personally. At all so don't take it that way. But if the only people that are gonna expect answers and hold him accountable are us message board heroes, then Dan is sitting pretty regardless.

vCash
    I think we all need to step back for a little while and realize there are more important things in life. An 18 year old's decision is his decision.... we don't have to like or respect it, but we do have to accept it. At least I know that even if we get the 44th ranked recruiting class in the nation, I'll be okay. At least my degree doesn't say OM on it.

vCash
    EDrecruiting and/or IYOK, with one week until signing day could you put on your prediction helmets and tell me your predictions on who we end up with in this class. I know the situation is fluid but with so much conflicting info out there I''m just curious where you guys think we stand with the remaining targets. I've been out of the loop lately so I'm playing catch up. If you'd rather not I understand. I'm sure you've both been asked this many times already. Anyway, I think the situations with Lashley(State), Farrar(OU lean), and Reese(No FSU offer, State lean) are pretty evident so I'll leave them off. Also Derrick Brown is a long shot and Hankerson is ours if we elect to take him. So we are left with:

Brown, Jones, Simmons, Knott, Davis, Cushenberry, Dowdell, Stallings/Turnier (either or would we take both). How many of them do you see in the Maroon and White. If I left anyone off please add them. Thanks.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    EDrecruiting and/or IYOK, with one week until signing day could you put on your prediction helmets and tell me your predictions on who we end up with in this class. I know the situation is fluid but with so much conflicting info out there I''m just curious where you guys think we stand with the remaining targets. I've been out of the loop lately so I'm playing catch up. If you'd rather not I understand. I'm sure you've both been asked this many times already. Anyway, I think the situations with Lashley(State), Farrar(OU lean), and Reese(No FSU offer, State lean) are pretty evident so I'll leave them off. Also Derrick Brown is a long shot and Hankerson is ours if we elect to take him. So we are left with:

Brown, Jones, Simmons, Knott, Davis, Cushenberry, Dowdell, Stallings/Turnier (either or would we take both). How many of them do you see in the Maroon and White. If I left anyone off please add them. Thanks.
    Let's get through this weekend & I'll give 1 Monday after all OV have been made.

vCash
    Same here

vCash
    So, no one wants to make predictions. How about this? Ifyouonlyknew, Edrecruiting, hoopsdawg, Hancockcountydog, and jumbo... You nervous about the big stars left on the board?

vCash
    Not at all

vCash
    Sounds good. Appreciate it gents

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, no one wants to make predictions. How about this? Ifyouonlyknew, Edrecruiting, hoopsdawg, Hancockcountydog, and jumbo... You nervous about the big stars left on the board?
    I feel 100x better on things than a lot of people on this board.