Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw a tweet from an OM fan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's good. I value wins over teams that finish in the Top 25. So Mullen has 2. Need to recruit a little better.
    all that means really is beating Bama or LSU plus whomever finishes 3rd in the West. The Black Bears are tootting that horn cause they have beaten Bama twice. No mentions of them losing to Vandy at home though, Memphis, and some of the other turd games they have lost. They tear down our wins over LSU and Auburn last year- yet quickly forget they lost to both. Funny how the spin works
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Recruiting class rankings are what they are with Mullen and the current staff. No top 10 classes with him.
    True. Just need to land a couple of more elite prospects per year at key positions. Specifically DE, CB, and LT.

vCash
    Recruiting class rankings are what they are with Mullen and the current staff. No top 10 classes with him.
    We will never have a top 10 class under Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    all that means really is beating Bama or LSU plus whomever finishes 3rd in the West. The Black Bears are tootting that horn cause they have beaten Bama twice. No mentions of them losing to Vandy at home though, Memphis, and some of the other turd games they have lost. They tear down our wins over LSU and Auburn last year- yet quickly forget they lost to both. Funny how the spin works
    Yes, Mullen gets a lot of credit from me on winning the games he is supposed to win. How many games have we lost as the favorite I wonder.

vCash
    I know. No point in sweating over it. I do hope that with his recent success he can manage to grab a few big out of state guys every class though.

vCash
    don't forget they also lost to Arkansas

vCash
    Yes, Mullen gets a lot of credit from me on winning the games he is supposed to win. How many games have we lost as the favorite I wonder.
    Not many. Mullen wins the games he is supposed to. I think we were the slight favorite against the bears last year, but beyond that, Mullen wins the games he is supposed to.

vCash
    What is TSUN's record against teams that finished outside the top 25?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Mullen is also 3-1 as the number 1 team in the country. Freeze is 0-0.
    ^^^ THIS! ^^^

vCash
    Has Mullen ever lost to a non-Power 5 school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Houston?

vCash
    This is a dead end. Any argument that starts as a result of a Confederate's provocation is a sucker's game- you're either arguing a stupid point or one that's engineered for you to lose. In this case, it was designed to be the latter but ended up being the former.

C34 has it right, when you beat a team's ass they don't finish in the top 25 sometimes. Congrats to Freeze for being in Saban's head, it's amazing to me that someone so competent (Saban) would lose to such a buffoon (Freeze) twice in a row. Shameful shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Houston?
    year 1 is really year zero according to Ricky Ray, so that doesn't count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We will never have a top 10 class under Mullen
    Top ten according to whom?

vCash
    I wouldn't go that far yet - our recruiting classes have been steadily improving under Mullen (as far as I recall). I think if we can maintain our program and continue winning and going to bowls, we'll start seeing less 'project' players and more rated players in our classes.

Then again, I love finding players like Banks, Beckwith and Calhoun so if we never have a top 10 class but continue producing players like that I'm good with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Houston in 2009- his 1st season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    The Starz mane...The Starz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Top ten in our hearts
    LFC YNWA

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I wouldn't go that far yet - our recruiting classes have been steadily improving under Mullen (as far as I recall). I think if we can maintain our program and continue winning and going to bowls, we'll start seeing less 'project' players and more rated players in our classes.
    To have a Top 10 class, you've got to take some guys that have "huge personalities" and we have shown that we're aren't going to do that. It seems we shy away from players with serious character issues, but that could just be my assumption.

vCash
    that Mullen only has 1 win over a team that finished in the Top 25..OM in 2009. Is that right? If so, wow!
    Most of them say the same crap over and over. When you shoot their stuff down, they ignore your tweet or try to spin it. They are always right, we're always wrong. I go at it with them every day cause it's fun to me.

I love it when they act superior to us. Makes them easy to make fun of. Of course, you don't need a lot when they make jokes that describe themselves....or wear a Darth Vader mask.