Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw a tweet from an OM fan...

vCash

I saw a tweet from an OM fan...

that Mullen only has 1 win over a team that finished in the Top 25..OM in 2009. Is that right? If so, wow!

vCash
    If true at least it was them!

vCash
    Maybe om will be ranked high enough to stay ranked after we beat them this year

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Who gives a shit?!? We've finished above them in the final standings for the last few years. Hell, a quick google search shows that auburn finished the season ranked last year.

vCash
    so what? I've never understood that crying point. When teams lose- they dont end up in the top 25

Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious??? Freezus only beat Saban this year because of turnovers. They try to spin the stupist shit to make themselves feel better.

Some fanbase is really gonna be butthurt after the Egg Bowl- because neither side thinks its possible they will lose
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Auburn finished #22 last year in the AP. But yes, that is what is it is.

As far as 2010 and 2014 goes, that doesn't matter, because we ended #15 and #11 respectively those years, so that cancels out who we may or may not have beaten subjectively. Mullen is batting .333 in the SECW as far as ending in the Top 25, which is really the only poll that counts. That's not too shabby.

But at the end of the day, if who we beat is all that matters to you, then yeah you won't be too happy. Because, like I just said, beating LSU/Texas A&M/Auburn 3 weeks in a row wasn't as great as we all thought we were, and obviously being #1 meant nothing by the end. But if you can't enjoy that in the moment, then God help you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Hell, a quick google search shows that auburn finished the season ranked last year.

B-b-b-but a Blackbear tweeted????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Auburn finished #22 last year in the AP. But yes, that is what is it is.

19th in the Coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    that Mullen only has 1 win over a team that finished in the Top 25..OM in 2009. Is that right? If so, wow!
    Short term memory from UNM fans again, Auburn finished 22 last year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious???
    The whole '3rd string QB' deal kinda throws a wrench in most of the conversations I have with bears regarding the 2013 Egg Bowl. Topic quickly gets changed.

vCash
    Auburn was ranked at the end of the season last year and we beat them.

vCash
    The fact that their fans are tweeting shit like that just goes further to prove that they are grasping at stuff to make themselves feel better after having to admit that their greatest team ever is really just a good team that will lose 3 or 4 games. And I might add - **** Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Short term memory from UNM fans again, Auburn finished 22 last year.
    That's good. I value wins over teams that finish in the Top 25. So Mullen has 2. Need to recruit a little better.

vCash
    Not our fault Ole Miss pretty much never finishes in the top 25.

vCash
    That's good. I value wins over teams that finish in the Top 25. So Mullen has 2. Need to recruit a little better.
    I value our team finishing in the top 25 even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Not our fault Ole Miss pretty much never finishes in the top 25.
    Haha

vCash
    I just value wins.

We cannot control where our opponents end up.

vCash
    Recruiting class rankings are what they are with Mullen and the current staff. No top 10 classes with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    so what? I've never understood that crying point. When teams lose- they dont end up in the top 25

Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious??? Freezus only beat Saban this year because of turnovers. They try to spin the stupist shit to make themselves feel better.

Some fanbase is really gonna be butthurt after the Egg Bowl- because neither side thinks its possible they will lose
    The bearsharks are going to be crying all the way back to oxford.

vCash
    Mullen is also 3-1 as the number 1 team in the country. Freeze is 0-0.