Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Scrimmage

vCash

Basketball Scrimmage

Dawgs up 49-31 on uab at the half without Malik and IJ. Don't know any details other than the score. Anybody have any more info?

vCash
    Uab is generally a decent team aren't they? If so, that's impressive esp without our pg's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Uab is generally a decent team aren't they? If so, that's impressive esp without our pg's
    They made the Tournament last year as a 14 but won their first game, lost in the round of 32. Lost their best player, but they should be returning just about everybody else.
    Last edited by smootness; 10-31-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raytoraid83 View Post
    Dawgs up 49-31 on uab at the half without Malik and IJ. Don't know any details other than the score. Anybody have any more info?
    How'd IJ Glass get hurt this time?

Banned
    vCash
    They were very good with Mike Anderson before he went to Mizzou and they were decent with Mike Nostrils Davis. Not sure how we've scored 49 without Newman. We scored less than that vs UT last year in a full game. And we shot 44 free throws in that game too. So glad Rick Ray is forever gone. He was TERRIBLE.

vCash
    Where'd you get the score, btw?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Where'd you get the score, btw?
    Friend sent it to me. I'll post if he gets a final score.

vCash
    Any more news?

vCash
    82-62 winner. Would like to hear some individual stats but it'll be hard since everything is kept unofficial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raytoraid83 View Post
    82-62 winner. Would like to hear some individual stats but it'll be hard since everything is kept unofficial
    Thanks for letting us know. Gotta figure sword and Thomas went off with us scoring that many without Newman and ready. It'd also be nice to know is Q or sword ran the point

vCash
    Malik did not play (rested the toe). Chicken went off for 28, Fred 20........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    Malik did not play (rested the toe). Chicken went off for 28, Fred 20........
    You know who played the point? Any frontcourt stats?

vCash
    You know who played the point? Any frontcourt stats?
    Pretty much had to have been Sword. This is a very promising sign, though.

vCash
    @GoodmanESPN: Malik Newman (turf toe) did not play -- and Mississippi State handled UAB easily. Craig Sword had 23 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    @GoodmanESPN: Malik Newman (turf toe) did not play -- and Mississippi State handled UAB easily. Craig Sword had 23 points.
    That's great news

vCash
    I don't want to get my hopes to high, but what kind of potential do you guys think we have this season after the way this scrimmage went?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    I don't want to get my hopes to high, but what kind of potential do you guys think we have this season after the way this scrimmage went?
    Final 4**

I'm thinking tourney

vCash
    If you can get that from Fred and Chicken then throw Malik and Q in there we will have a very solid season. BUT if it were me I would stand in Fred's ear blowing a whistle til he stopped that hitch in his shot

Banned
    vCash
    It's a scrimmage. It's like a NBA All-Star game. Doesn't mean shit. However I'm happy we won by 20.

vCash
    I've said all along I think we'll be a top 5 team in the SEC and will make the Tourney.