Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If Vardy keeps scoring one of the big boys will get him. If he signs a new contract that would mean the Foxes will get more money for him when it happens though.
    Vardy is the true underdog story. Played on a non-league team not too long ago and now he's the leading scorer in the Premiership and holds the Premier League record for consecutive scoring matches. I mean...it's a perfect movie script.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Vardy is the true underdog story. Played on a non-league team not too long ago and now he's the leading scorer in the Premiership and holds the Premier League record for consecutive scoring matches. I mean...it's a perfect movie script.
    Did y'all see his reaction when he got the record breaker? Taunted the Man U fans by yelling "Mine! Mine! All ****ing mine!!!" It was awesome. Suck it, Red Devils.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Did y'all see his reaction when he got the record breaker? Taunted the Man U fans by yelling "Mine! Mine! All ****ing mine!!!" It was awesome. Suck it, Red Devils.
    https://vid.me/k1C9
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Arsenal beat Olimpiacos 3-0 today to advance in the Champions League for the 16th straight season. The Gunners entered the game needing to win by 2 to advance and won by 3. Olivier Giroud was the man today, collecting the hat trick.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Newcastle beat Liverpool 2-0 last week. Probably should have been a 1-1 draw, but Newcastle was due a little bit of luck. The team has mid-table talent outside of a few players, they lack chemistry though and haven't caught many breaks this season. Maybe this will be the start of a good run for the Magpies.

Also, Leicester is my #2 at the moment. Love seeing them in first place!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Newcastle beat Liverpool 2-0 last week. Probably should have been a 1-1 draw, but Newcastle was due a little bit of luck. The team has mid-table talent outside of a few players, they lack chemistry though and haven't caught many breaks this season. Maybe this will be the start of a good run for the Magpies.

I'm calling a 2-1 Leicester victory on Monday vs Chelsea. Vardy and Mahrez with a goal each.

vCash
    I'm calling a 2-1 Leicester victory on Monday vs Chelsea. Vardy and Mahrez with a goal each.
    Chelsea is looking like garbage.

Anyone catch Bournemouth beating Man U? I'm going to try to find a torrent of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Chelsea is looking like garbage.

Anyone catch Bournemouth beating Man U? I'm going to try to find a torrent of it.
    Try NBC Extra.....they usually are good with showing full matches in replay format. Or...hold on...let me find the site I was given on a Leicester forum

FOUND IT http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Been banned a few weeks but I've been watching ha. Ref, sorry to say, but when clubs like Leicester have guys play like Vardy and Marhez, they lose them. May not necessarily be in January but enjoy them at the king power while you have them ha.

As for European soccer, the knockout round of the champions league is set and United blew their chance and a few other English teams got in by the skin of their teeth, but none of them really have the talent to win. But should be fun to watch the draw for the KO round this week.

vCash

I don't get how in the hell you blood pressure isn't sky high being a state AND Newcastle fan....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    I don't get how in the hell you blood pressure isn't sky high being a state AND Newcastle fan....
    I make up for it by being a fan of PSG (b/c of Ibra) and Bayern Munich. It's funny because Newcastle was the only team I knew for sure I didn't want in the draft we did last season, then I got them, and now I can't not like them anymore. Being a State fan has made me a glutton for misery, so Newcastle is a perfect fit for me.

On a related note, we scored 2 goals in the last 15 to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane. And we beat Liverpool last week. Which means I fully expect us to lose to Aston Villa 4-0 next weekend.

vCash
    I make up for it by being a fan of PSG (b/c of Ibra) and Bayern Munich. It's funny because Newcastle was the only team I knew for sure I didn't want in the draft we did last season, then I got them, and now I can't not like them anymore. Being a State fan has made me a glutton for misery, so Newcastle is a perfect fit for me.

On a related note, we scored 2 goals in the last 15 to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane. And we beat Liverpool last week. Which means I fully expect us to lose to Aston Villa 4-0 next weekend.
    Why bayern? Genuine curiosity.

vCash
    Draws for both of my teams this weekend. A good one for Norwich against the Toffees and a bad one for Liverpool with West Brom.

vCash
    Champions League round of 16 has been drawn. Biggest are arsenal v barca and bayern v juventus. Real madrid drew roma

vCash

I work with a guy from Newcastle. The way he describes following them over the years sounds just like being a State fan. Misery loves company.

vCash
    Champions League round of 16 has been drawn. Biggest are arsenal v barca and bayern v juventus. Real madrid drew roma
    Those 2 matches ought to be some entertaining football. I think The Gooners will take Barca.

vCash
    Watching Leicester and Chelski on NBC sports now. Do Leicester fans use some kind of artificial noise maker?

vCash
    Why bayern? Genuine curiosity.
    Eh, I don't have a huge reason, I'm not really a massive fan of any club, even Newcastle (although they're sadly growing on me). I've never liked Real or Barca. I view them like the Yankees, Lakers, Alabama, etc. Although I guess the same argument can be made about Bayern. But I admire the German national team, so I guess I'm biased towards the German club with a ton of German national players. I also get the impression that they personify the German people as a whole, who I view as industrious and hard-working people, which is probably a silly and untrue reason to like a soccer team, but none the less.

vCash
    Watching Leicester and Chelski on NBC sports now. Do Leicester fans use some kind of artificial noise maker?
    "clappers" basically they're paper fans that enhance the clapping noise.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    CALL ME THE PROPHET!!!!!

ALL HAIL YOUR LEICESTER CITY OVERLORDS YET AGAIN.

First win vs Chelsea in 9 matches. First 9-game lossless streak since 1955.

Vardy gets goal #15, Mahrez gets goal #11.

Vardy has scored or assisted in a goal for 14 straight matches, a Premier League record. Vardy now holds two BPL records.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner