Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    As soon as I start following Arsenal, they become an injury ward. Walcott, Wilshere, Alexis, Coquelin, Welbeck, Flamini all hurt. Mertesacker missed some time earlier in the season. Need to get some guys healthy if we want to threaten the mighty Leicester City.

In other news, lots of rumors starting to fly about who Arsenal might add in the January transfer window. Looks like we're after a couple of young kids in La Liga, among others. One plays for Porto, don't remember who the other plays for. Also some rumors we're willing to offer ?600K/week to Messi. Don't see it happening, but who really knows. If I were going for pipe dreams, I think I'd want Neymar. More years left in his prime than Messi. I really don't expect any big moves with Wenger being such a tightwad.

Also worth noting, Hull dropped a decision to Derby County 4-0 in the Championship on Friday. They now sit at 4th on the Championship table after peaking at 1 earlier.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Add Santi Cazorla to the injury list. Looks like he could be out 3 months. FML, every EPL team I try to follow becomes a M*A*S*H unit.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 in the League Cup quarters, 2 from Sturrige on his first start back and a hat trick from Orgi. The budding Liverpool legend of Klopp got a big boost with a quote from his press conference prior to the game. When asked about his start at Liverpool he said, "....... I can't forget this 17ing loss to Crystal Palace." AWESOME!
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 12-02-2015 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 in the League Cup quarters, 2 from Sturrige on his first start back and a hat trick from Orgi. The budding Liverpool legend of Klopp got a big boost with a quote from his press conference prior to the game. When asked about his start at Liverpool he said, "....... I can't forget this 17ing loss to Crystal Palace." AWESOME!
    Klopp has made a huge difference in the squad. I really thing with the addition of Sturdg they are poised to make a run. The energy they have has done a complete 180. It has been fun to watch.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Off to Southampton today to watch them take on Aston Villa! Hopefully this match will be the ticket to a return to good form.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    League Table Update: LEICESTER CITY RULE THE WORLD YET AGAIN. In other news, Jamie Vardy's goal streak ends at 11 matches, a Premier League Record. Riyad Mahrez scored a hat trick today to bring him to 10 total goals on the season, trailing Vardy's 14 total goals. Next up, the Foxes will host Chelsea in King Power Stadium. Claudio Ranieri gets to see his old club, and hopefully defeat the Blues.

B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    That's more like it!

vCash
    That's more like it!
    Seriously, though. Leicester is in top form right now. Only one loss on the season, and we are absolutely rolling right now. Two straight 3-0 victories.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    And Arsenal just behind our Supreme Fox Overlords after a huge win against Sunderland. Olivier Giroud nearly screwed the Gunners with an own goal off a free kick to draw Sunderland level late in the first half. But Giroud found redemption in the second half, scoring the go-ahead goal on a sweet header. Injury depleted and missing key pieces Cazorla, Coquelin, and Alexis today marked the returns of Koscielny and Walcott to action.

Nice to see DeAndre Yedlin on the pitch and playing well for Sunderland. The Gunners will travel to Villa Park in Birmingham to face Aston Villa.

vCash
    Bournemouth defeats Chelsea 1-0!!!! Massive, massive win for those guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    And Arsenal just behind our Supreme Fox Overlords after a huge win against Sunderland. Olivier Giroud nearly screwed the Gunners with an own goal off a free kick to draw Sunderland level late in the first half. But Giroud found redemption in the second half, scoring the go-ahead goal on a sweet header. Injury depleted and missing key pieces Cazorla, Coquelin, and Alexis today marked the returns of Koscielny and Walcott to action.

Nice to see DeAndre Yedlin on the pitch and playing well for Sunderland. The Gunners will travel to Villa Park in Birmingham to face Aston Villa.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR NEW KINGS IN KING POWER STADIUM....even though Arsenal is the only squad to defeat us.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Bournemouth defeats Chelsea 1-0!!!! Massive, massive win for those guys.
    I really hope Bournemouth can stay above relegation. They are such a cool story, going from League 2 and the verge of being liquidated in 2008 to the Premiership in 2015.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I didn't get to watch the Liverpool game but from everything I have read it was a truly rotten performance. Norwich also stank it up, even by their standards. You had to hope they would get at least a point out of that game against fellow promoted side Watford even if it was on the road.

vCash
    I didn't get to watch the Liverpool game but from everything I have read it was a truly rotten performance. Norwich also stank it up, even by their standards. You had to hope they would get at least a point out of that game against fellow promoted side Watford even if it was on the road.
    I watched. And yes, it sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I really hope Bournemouth can stay above relegation. They are such a cool story, going from League 2 and the verge of being liquidated in 2008 to the Premiership in 2015.
    Completely agree. They gotta get some guys healthy, though. Pretty sure they lost 3 of their top players, including Callum Wilson, early in the season against Leicester. They're safe for the moment, but there's a long way to go. Watford looks like they're well on track to stay up.

vCash
    Rumours flying that Cazorla is done for the season after knee surgery. The good news is Jack Wilshere might be ready to return on Boxing Day.

Now that we're less than a month until the transfer window opens, feel free to post any rumours you're seeing about your respective teams. I know Arsenal is chasing several targets. Looks like they pretty much have a deal wrapped up for Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli.

vCash
    Vardy and Mahrez are currently negotiating with Leicester City on a raise/extension to keep them in the blue and white of Leicester
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Vardy and Mahrez are currently negotiating with Leicester City on a raise/extension to keep them in the blue and white of Leicester
    Locking those two up would be huge for your guys, Ref. Hope y'all get it done.

vCash
    Locking those two up would be huge for your guys, Ref. Hope y'all get it done.
    Agreed. Locking those two up is priority number one. Danny Drinkwater is priority number two. He is a HUGE support midfielder.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    If Vardy keeps scoring one of the big boys will get him. If he signs a new contract that would mean the Foxes will get more money for him when it happens though.