Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Mock Draft: Dak in 2nd Round

vCash

CBS Mock Draft: Dak in 2nd Round

Currently projected as late second rounder at 58th overall:

McKinney projected as mid first rounder.

vCash
    Any NFL mock draft that has Bo Wallace being drafted, is inaccurate.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Look where Bo is.....but...but...but.....HE'S THE BETTER QUARTERBACK!!!!
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Dak ain't 6'1", don't know where that is coming from

vCash
    This is going to be Dakota's last year in Sville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Just saw an article linked on a FB board saying that Dak is quoted as saying if he is projected first round he will declare. Supposedly on NFL.com. If true, then all you can say is thank you for your service to MSU. It's been a real pleasure. Anybody that plays football would be an idiot to to not go pro if they can be drafted in the first round. This is one sport where you can lose your career before you know it.

vCash

If we win the NC and he wins the Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is going to be Dakota's last year in Sville
    I will officially give my blessing.

vCash
    Anyone know where Kiper and McShay have him rated?

vCash
    Hugh Kellenburger has been trying his hardest the last article to throw Bo in the Heisman talk. It's like saying Harvey Updyke really wants to be a tree surgeon.

vCash
    Damn. Didn't expect this. If he continues to improve his passing, no doubt he'll be a 1st rounder if he's already graded at round 2.

vCash
    Any reason why you completely ignore that Mullen says he would be "totally shocked" if Dak left? Don't you think he has a better grasp on it then you? If he's a first round grade, you absolutely go. But as great as he is, he has lots of NFL skills to improve on, most importantly accuracy and zip on his passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDawg92 View Post
    Dak ain't 6'1", don't know where that is coming from
    I know. right?

he's probably about 5'10".

vCash
    Dak ain't ready to go pro. Would be a bad decision. Also, any mock draft that has Petty behind Dak as an NFL
    prospect isn't worth reading. Just like any Heisman list that has Petty before Dak isn't worth reading.

vCash
    Let's look at this way. If Manziel got drafted in the first round, then Dak has too. At this point through the season Dak and Manziel( the year he won the Heisman) have almost identical rushing and passing stats. However, Dak's passing yards are different, he isn't getting the dink and dunk completions over and over again, He's throwing the ball down field and completing NFL back shoulder throws. I'm telling you, Sumlin creates system quarterbacks, look back to his QB's at Houston and Manziel and Hill, they all put up MONSTER numbers, but only because of the system, not because they are NFL passers. Also, Dak has size on Manziel, and his running style will be much more effective than JFF's in the league. Dak also has the intangibles and stays the hell out of trouble. Also, Dak is well on his way to doing something Manziel never did, which is winning something much bigger than the freakin Cotton Bowl. IMO, if you want to compare Dak to someone in the NFL, look no further than Colin Kaepernick. If Dak keeps it up this season he is gone and will be a top 20 pick, in fact, I believe Drew Brees is getting a little old, please dear Lord let this happen!

vCash
    Let's look at this way. If Manziel got drafted in the first round, then Dak has too. At this point through the season Dak and Manziel( the year he won the Heisman) have almost identical rushing and passing stats. However, Dak's passing yards are different, he isn't getting the dink and dunk completions over and over again, He's throwing the ball down field and completing NFL back shoulder throws. I'm telling you, Sumlin creates system quarterbacks, look back to his QB's at Houston and Manziel and Hill, they all put up MONSTER numbers, but only because of the system, not because they are NFL passers. Also, Dak has size on Manziel, and his running style will be much more effective than JFF's in the league. Dak also has the intangibles and stays the hell out of trouble. Also, Dak is well on his way to doing something Manziel never did, which is winning something much bigger than the freakin Cotton Bowl. IMO, if you want to compare Dak to someone in the NFL, look no further than Colin Kaepernick. If Dak keeps it up this season he is gone and will be a top 20 pick, in fact, I believe Drew Brees is getting a little old, please dear Lord let this happen!
    You also have to take into account how many more butts Manziel will put in the seats. That is the only reason that Manziel and Tebow were first round picks. Dak is a great leader and a great player but he is not the kinda figure that will raise season ticket prices like a Manziel. With that being said, IF he gets a 1st round grade, Mullen will be the first person to say it was a great pleasure coaching you and good luck.
    ?The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I love Dak just as much as the next guy but Dak & Kaepernick aren't comparable at all. Kaep is 6'4" 230lbs & ran a 4.53 40 at the combine. He also has a cannon on his right shoulder. Kaep runs away from guys Dak is at his best running over guys. The physical running style that Dak posseses doesn't translate to the NFL at all. You don't want your QB taking the licks he receives in college in the NFL. The only QB who remotely runs physical like that is Cam & he's 6'6" 250lbs & he's starting to stay nicked up & injured too. Dak has a chance to move up in the 1st rd next year bc it won't be as many high profile QB's in that draft & he can work on his deficiencies for another year.

vCash
    Going with a first or second round grade might be the best short term decision, but for Dak, I think staying another year would really benefit him long term. He could use all the refinement on his passing that he can get in order to build some staying power in the NFL, and he would get more reps over a year as the starting QB of a college team than as a 2nd or 3rd QB with a pro team. QB's in the NFL tend to fade away or become stuck as a permanent 3rd stringer if they aren't a starter or clearly heir-apparent within two years, and I just don't see Dak right now as a sure-fire candidate to make one of those roles in that period of time. Maybe it's just a result of wishful thinking that he stays, but that's the way I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RossDawg82 View Post
    You also have to take into account how many more butts Manziel will put in the seats. That is the only reason that Manziel and Tebow were first round picks. Dak is a great leader and a great player but he is not the kinda figure that will raise season ticket prices like a Manziel. With that being said, IF he gets a 1st round grade, Mullen will be the first person to say it was a great pleasure coaching you and good luck.
    I see what your saying but Dak is becoming what Tebow and Manziel were as a national figure. It's hard for us to see that bc we have known of him all along. But turn your tv on and you will see him every day on ESPN, he was on the front page of yahoo.com and now the cover page of SI. His story with his upbringing and his mothers passing has now been featured twice on college gameday. He is the biggest name in college football right now, and if he can make postseason noise and win the heisman he will be just as much as a household name as JFF or Tebow. It's hard for us to see this bc we are living in Mississippi but it is happening, the whole sporting world is rooting for our Dak Prescott.

On a funny side note, id be willing to bet more people in America know Dak Prescott's name than the St. Louis Rams starting QB Austin Davis's name.
    Last edited by DistrictDawg92; 10-15-2014 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Does anyone know his family's money situation? Because unless his dad needs some money, I would advise him to stay (if I was asked). Now, if his dad needs some money, how can you fault the kid for going for it. 2nd round money makes a big difference if your family is in a tight.

However, looking at some of the QBs ranked ahead of him, it wouldn't surprise me if he moved up some boards. Winston is being taken off some boards completely and Hundley has shown no pocket presence. Cook may make a decent pro, but I haven't seen it.

QB is about the only position that I think should stay and grow. RBs, especially need to keep the hits off their body as much as possible until they're getting paid for it - wouldn't surprise me if Robinson declares.

vCash
    Hopefully, he'll want to stay another year. I doubt it, but I have hope. Manziel may never perform as expected, just like a lot of great college qb's who never got the pro rhythm going. It's surprising to me that these guys keep getting drafted so high with the track record, but I guess it's worth it on the chance of scoring a Luck or Newton. RGIII had a great first year, but look at the disaster that's brought on the redskins now, not to mention countless fantasy teams that are SOL.