Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
I've noticed that too. It's interesting. Possibly we are better at treating it and keeping people out of the ICU.
This is something "behind the scenes" from someone that works at a hospital in a former hot spot.

What we did where I work- and this a nationally known hospital- whenever we could with COVID patients instead of using a vent we treated them with really high flow oxygen. Basically we cranked the oxygen up as high as it could go. And it worked most of the time. If that failed then we went to a vent. The benefits to doing it this way are you obviously don't use a vent. The second is whereas the vent depending on what it's set on breaths or assists breathing for you versus oxygen where you are still breathing on your own.

And yes, we use the Trump drug and have had a lot of success with it.

I think my hospital and others who my guess is are doing the same thing aren't publicizing it because every time we do something the media criticizes and questions it. Fortunately, where I work we only care number one about people getting better and not who the President is. Everyone has lost complete sight of that. If something works and people get better because of it we should do it no matter who has a hand in it because I guarantee you someone somewhere is getting paid for it.