Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Roberson plays slot. He's not an outside guy, or at least he wasn't for EWU. He's more Jamire Calvin than Rara
    Just the few clips I saw he was lined up outside. They may move him around but we are not recruiting him to play a slot position. He is not the same type of WR as Rara but runs good routes off of different coverages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Exactly, Some guys are so black and white, there is a whole lot of gray that gets ignored. We all get so passionate but some get dug in on thinking something is all good or all bad.
    Yes!!!! Couldn't agree more!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Just the few clips I saw he was lined up outside. They may move him around but we are not recruiting him to play a slot position. He is not the same type of WR as Rara but runs good routes off of different coverages.
    He's played outside a lot and some slot. He's pretty versatile but yeah we aren't recruiting him for a slot guy.

vCash
    Scratch Garcia

vCash
    I just looked at the roster and it seems State is down to 2 QBs, Will and Jake Weir from Tupelo. Is that the spring game QBs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    I just looked at the roster and it seems State is down to 2 QBs, Will and Jake Weir from Tupelo. Is that the spring game QBs?
    Parson is here already too.

vCash
    Parson is here already too.
    Didn't I read here he is injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yep
    Damn, will gonna have to play both ways in spring game while we making fun of OM having 3 capable qbs lol

vCash
    Yes. He will be limited but I don't know how much.

vCash
    Damn, will gonna have to play both ways in spring game while we making fun of OM having 3 capable qbs lol
    Its never a bad thing to make fun of the bears.

Based on what I am reading on here, we can get a walk on to just hand it off all game*****

vCash
    Wright this weekend. If he shows, the odds are shrinking. BC is still a head I think though.

vCash
    Wright this weekend. If he shows, the odds are shrinking. BC is still a head I think though.
    I doubt he ends up showing and Will would beat him out. He wants a guaranteed starting job.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-20-2023 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    What song fans refuse to recognize is the fact that Mike had this offense going in the right direction. he inherited a situation with a poor culture. He did not have any receivers. He did not have a spring practice during his first year to install his system. Yet, he improved this offense from 109th in scoring to 60th in scoring to 48 in scoring this year. This year, his offense also improved in points per play. If you look at his history, it took him for years to build the offense the way he wanted it at Washington state. Once he had it where he wanted it, Washington State was a top 18 scoring team in the country. In 2019, Washington state was the 11th best scoring team in the country.

I believe the same thing would?ve happened here had we continued his system.
    This is such a horrifically bad post. It's either really stupid, or intentionally dishonest.

Either way, this offense was not trending in the right direction. Using the scoring ranking is completely moronic. Our PPG were propped up by defense and special teams. And we ran up scores on some really bad teams. When it mattered, our offense was shit more often than not. And this isn't even a controversial take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    Never heard of Weir. I'm guessing a walk-on from a year ago. Well at least we have another body to run the scout team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I doubt he ends up showing and Will would beat him out. He wants a guaranteed starting job.
    Wright is on campus

vCash
    Wright is coming.

vCash
    I just dont know how to help you guys anymore if you think QB is what held us back from beating UK LSU. At one point we threw the ball 53 snaps in a row. Good luck with that for any offense

vCash
    Doesn't Wright have 2 to play? He will come to MSU now since Will is gone in one and others will be young and the future. He'll get one year to do his thing. That is what he is looking for I think. That is why OM was in mix too. Since our QB room is empty outside Will, he will think he is a shoe in.

Like the price is right - come on down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I just dont know how to help you guys anymore if you think QB is what held us back from beating UK LSU. At one point we threw the ball 53 snaps in a row. Good luck with that for any offense
    Will could call the plays at the line. He could have checked into run plays.