Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Also if anyone wants a name added just throw it in the thread and I'll stick it on there and try to get their credentials as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    He probably would but wave 2.5mil under Zach Kittley's nose and ask if he likes the fragrance.
    Kittley has already said no to everyone. He's going to be a HC next year. Littrell has said not interested. And we aren't paying $2.5MM.

vCash
    Why do you folks not think kliff would at least interview? I think this would be a nice place to park for a few years while he built his credibility back up. He is going to go somewhere why not State?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Well that ****ing sucks

Yep. Drew is going to be a big loss for us. He was probably the best recruiter on staff and he had connections all throughout Texas HSFB. He was also a hell of a receivers coach and was just named to the AFCA 35 Under 35. Bumphis wasn't if you were wondering. He also has no recruiting connections in Texas if you were wondering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Why do you folks not think kliff would at least interview? I think this would be a nice place to park for a few years while he built his credibility back up. He is going to go somewhere why not State?

Kliff has stated on a few occasions since he got to the NFL how much he openly loathed recruiting. Kliff would be a great position coach, but you would have to have ace recruiters on staff to do the heavy lifting on that front and we don't have any at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    He probably would but wave 2.5mil under Zach Kittley's nose and ask if he likes the fragrance.
    Kittley has already said no to everyone. He's going to be a HC next year. Littrell has said not interested. Brikes said no. And we aren't paying $2.5MM. I'm fully prepared for some off the wall OOLF hire now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Kittley has already turned down an interview. Also we don't need to be giving an OC 2.5 mil. 2 mil is the max we need to be offering. Kittley would be a guy I would've offered that amt to by the way. Along with Briles and Riley
    When he turned down the interview I doubt that $2M figure had come out yet. Money has a way of making a person reconsider..

vCash
    Kittley has already turned down an interview. Also we don't need to be giving an OC 2.5 mil. 2 mil is the max we need to be offering. Kittley would be a guy I would've offered that amt to by the way. Along with Briles and Riley
    Yall remember when we all flipped out over ******* 2.5 4 year deal in 2010? We are waiving 2 mill for an assistant likes it?s candy now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kittley has already said no to everyone. He's going to be a HC next year. Littrell has said not interested. Brikes said no. And we aren't paying $2.5MM. I'm fully prepared for some off the wall OOLF hire now.
    I fully expect it'll be Hatcher, Johns, or some OOLF hire. Briles probably ended our big game hunting approach.

vCash
    Yep. Drew is going to be a big loss for us. He was probably the best recruiter on staff and he had connections all throughout Texas HSFB. He was also a hell of a receivers coach and was just named to the AFCA 35 Under 35. Bumphis wasn't if you were wondering. He also has no recruiting connections in Texas if you were wondering.
    So basically Arnett caved to the wishes of certain alums to hire Bumphis?

vCash
    Well that ****ing sucks
    Drew was also heavily involved with Sawyer and lead the QB rooms at WSU when Minshew was there and led the QB room here his first two years here. He was the one running the film, drills, etc. was placed on the top 35 under 35 coaching list and is very highly thought of in the coaching ranks. We screwed up on that one.

I mean-people really think we weren?t trying to ?lock down Mississippi? recruiting wise before? It is laughable what some of you believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Caved to our new COS if I had to guess. But that's just opinion. Not based in any fact on that.

vCash
    I'm glad Bumphis is here, but perhaps he's better off if the offense changes, but if the offense changes we have to have a new qb, which would mean getting a sought after portal player.

vCash
    Kliff has stated on a few occasions since he got to the NFL how much he openly loathed recruiting. Kliff would be a great position coach, but you would have to have ace recruiters on staff to do the heavy lifting on that front and we don't have any at the moment.
    Not to mention Arizona is going to have to pay him millions to not come to work. He will probably sit back and look for a head job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Basically there is a certain group of people who want people to be here so they can have ?inside information?. It?s why people are excited to have Peterson back and why Faulk and Hadad were really excited their old podcast buddy is back on staff and why Steve was pushing it so hard the last two years.

Little funny that our ?full control of offense promises? we apparently told Briles led to us hiring Bumphis before we even closed the deal with the OC.

vCash
    I'm glad Bumphis is here, but perhaps he's better off if the offense changes, but if the offense changes we have to have a new qb, which would mean getting a sought after portal player.
    And right now, that doesn't exist. There's no QB in the portal right now that could come and beat out Will Rogers. Maybe one hops in after spring ball, but to put all your eggs in that basket is risking a whole hell of a lot for something that has about a 10-15% chance of materializing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    When he turned down the interview I doubt that $2M figure had come out yet. Money has a way of making a person reconsider..
    Kittley was born and raised in Lubbock. His dad coach at Tech. He went to Tech. He doesn?t want to leave there. He is literally at his dream job until a HC gig opens up.

vCash
    Yeah I was hoping we kept him. He was an up coming coach with a lot of potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Drew was also heavily involved with Sawyer and lead the QB rooms at WSU when Minshew was there and led the QB room here his first two years here. He was the one running the film, drills, etc. was placed on the top 35 under 35 coaching list and is very highly thought of in the coaching ranks. We screwed up on that one.

I mean-people really think we weren?t trying to ?lock down Mississippi? recruiting wise before? It is laughable what some of you believe.
    Agree. Kids loved him too. But this board wanted the hot name. Hollingshead can recruit and coach QBs and WRs

vCash
    I?m going Mason Miller at this point or make another run at the CO-OC at Oklahoma.