Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And it begins... 3 rs players enter the portal for Baseball

vCash

And it begins... 3 rs players enter the portal for Baseball

vCash
    Addition by subtraction! Either they were worse than what we had or they like many players this year were misused by the coaching staff and should have been playing.

I suspect we will have more new faces than old faces on the squad this coming fall. Open tryouts for anyone over the age of 16 who can hit a breaking ball or throw over 90 on the gun starts Monday.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 05-20-2022 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    This is very disturbing to me. But I guess I?d better get used to it in this new world of college sports. I don?t like it!

vCash
    I said earlier in the season it was stupid to redshirt baseball players unless they are injured. If they are not ready to contribute in these NIL times you are just wasting a roster spot.

vCash
    Either they see big changes coming that they will not be a part of or they don't want to be part of this mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Either they see big changes coming that they will not be a part of or they don't want to be part of this mess.
    It's the former

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    It's the former
    I can't speak for 2 but one of them.... it is better to find another opportunity to have any shot at PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I said earlier in the season it was stupid to redshirt baseball players unless they are injured. If they are not ready to contribute in these NIL times you are just wasting a roster spot.
    This is correct. This a new roster every year game now. It might mean some coaches that were previously successful will no longer be and vice versa.

vCash
    Bane is the only surprise to me and that's only because he's a legacy and having an extra catcher isn't the worst thing to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bane is the only surprise to me and that's only because he's a legacy and having an extra catcher isn't the worst thing to have.
    Hopefully this means Hancock is returning

vCash
    Like Jans said you dont build a program you build a team every year with this new NIL. I think it?s going to hurt a lot of kids coming out of High School regardless of sport. We need to be like the ?Alabama? of baseball and if we see a player or another team we like we go get them.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 05-21-2022 at 07:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Maybe. I think we may have to get another catcher either out of the portal or a JUCO like Kace Garner a couple of years ago just for depth purposes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Addition by subtraction! Either they were worse than what we had or they like many players this year were misused by the coaching staff and should have been playing.

I suspect we will have more new faces than old faces on the squad this coming fall. Open tryouts for anyone over the age of 16 who can hit a breaking ball or throw over 90 on the gun starts Monday.
    Clearly you just want to complain if you think those three should have been playing....there will be more
    Last edited by Homedawg; 05-21-2022 at 08:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    They want him to, but, if not, we will have to find one in the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Clearly you just want to complain if you think those three should have been playing....there will be more
    Isn?t that what we are doing here? Complaining about poor evaluations in the recruiting process.

How many of those Tennessee players turned State down to go to a fledgling program while State was going to Omaha 3 straight years and 5 straight Super Regionals? We?re they even targeted by State?s staff?

vCash
    We've signed too many guys that weren't good enough. Our talent eval has been trash and some heads got to roll for it. Too many developmental guys and guys we had no business taking. Lazy assed recruiting and HC turnover hurt.

vCash
    Baseball recruiting, at least pre NIL, has a 3-4 year delay. 4 coaches in 4 years, ending in 2019, was going to be an issue eventually.

I suspect we will see a much more talented influx of players going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Baseball recruiting, at least pre NIL, has a 3-4 year delay. 4 coaches in 4 years, ending in 2019, was going to be an issue eventually.

Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

To the recruiting side of this situation, several here have talked for at least a couple of years about this being an issue that would rear it?s ugly head at some point. Now that it has hit us, we have a lot of people wondering what the hell happened. It is similar to a presidential candidate telling you that he is going to cut drilling, does, and then everyone is surprised when gas prices go up.

Now, we can argue about the transfer portal and how is could have been used differently, but that is another argument.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 05-21-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I missed Captain's Complaint.