Page 22 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I think we're heading in the right direction (finally). Governors are shutting things down inside their own borders. You'll see something from Tate Reeves tonight or tomorrow that will constitute a move in the right direction for Mississippi. I don't know if it will go far enough or not, but he's got something coming.
    My wife works for a dental office and they are now being asked to re-use mask. And for people that work in mouths that is not good. Hopefully the state will step in and force them to shut down. She wont get paid, but they absolutely do not need to be open. My wife is off today anyway. I suspect if they try to make them work tomorrow, her ….and a few of the dentist, will refuse.

But it does look like the state governments are slowing getting things shut down. and that's good news

vCash
    How are y'alls local governments addressing this with their functions and employees? My government (which is also my employer) hasn't done much other than cancelling public gatherings, parks & rec, and closing our Senior Center and After-school program.
    I have contact with probably 30-50 people a day, and my staff probably sees more than that (I oversee Planning, Building, Code Enforcement, and Historic Preservation) . Yet - we are being told we have to function as normal. It is somewhat disconcerting when you so many unknown interactions.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Yep, good info. I'd like to know what's going on in Germany. Their cases are growing fast now though.

[tweet2]1240333813806436352[/tweet2]

That's an awfully strange comparison for her to make. Can't tell if she means it's gonna be bad for them or bad for the rest of the world
    Wait...did she just compare the CoronaVirus to the American's laying waste to the Nazi's??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    My wife works for a dental office and they are now being asked to re-use mask. And for people that work in mouths that is not good. Hopefully the state will step in and force them to shut down. She wont get paid, but they absolutely do not need to be open. My wife is off today anyway. I suspect if they try to make them work tomorrow, her ….and a few of the dentist, will refuse.

But it does look like the state governments are slowing getting things shut down. and that's good news
    Dentists offices will only be allowed to work on emergencies - no routine procedures. They will keep a very minimal staff (1 dentist, maybe a tech, and admin). They will see 1 patient at a time. Other medical offices (eye, GP, etc.) will do the same. I am hopeful that restaurants, movie theaters, etc. will be closed. We'll see.

vCash
    As far as I can tell we have only closed the parks and public gatherings like you said. But I haven't seen anything official.

vCash
    Dentists offices will only be allowed to work on emergencies - no routine procedures. They will keep a very minimal staff (1 dentist, maybe a tech, and admin). They will see 1 patient at a time. Other medical offices (eye, GP, etc.) will do the same. I am hopeful that restaurants, movie theaters, etc. will be closed. We'll see.
    Is this an official order yet? My wife was told trump recommended it, but it was just a recommendation. But she hasn't actually heard from her boss yet (she's off today ), so maybe she just hasn't gotten word yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I'm not saying we are going to jump out of this by any means and I'm not trying to get political either but I would love to know how others feel about this. I have to say it sure feels like all the government regulations are being removed and we are about to see what the USA is really about when the private sector is able get going. I think we have to have the best of the best and these companies are about to get rolling making tests and PPE's and all this stuff that is needed.

Maybe I'm living on a dream cloud?? I tend to be optimistic and try to look for something good in times of turmoil.
    I think the Governments are doing a good job doing what they can. State and Federal. They started too slow, and that's hurt. But I think they're figuring it out now and trying to be as proactive as possible. However - the people totally SUCK at doing their part. The Government can only do so much, and at some point the people have to help. Or we could always declare marshal law I guess.

vCash
    Is this an official order yet? My wife was told trump recommended it, but it was just a recommendation. But she hasn't actually heard from her boss yet (she's off today ), so maybe she just hasn't gotten word yet.
    It's coming tonight or tomorrow from the Governor's office.

ETA: Let me couch it like Coach34 - Unless something changes. Situation is fluid, yada, yada, yada. Sources blah blah blah.

vCash

What type of mask/respirator? What is meant by re-use?

vCash
    I said total beds, not ICU beds. I wasn't wrong, your very own article states the same thing I did. Your article argues that total beds are not really important. And that may be a great argument, but it is a different one that what I stated. But its cute that you will try so hard to find a gotcha moment. I am sure you will keep trying to find one. You will twist my comments. Which isn't surprising. I have triggered you. I'll wait on your next one

The good news is I see people in this thread now talking about the actual deaths going on and they are not really being met with much resistance now. I am glad to see that. I am seeing more and more people now start to realize hospital overflow will be an issues. The "its the media crowd" and "stop overreacting" bunch are slowing shutting up as they start to realize they were wrong. Hopefully I will not be need to scold them for much longer

Stay home if you can everyone
    You haven't triggered me (with the exception of not understanding the point of the Boy Who Cried Wolf; I'm incredibly triggered by stupidity and would never have the patience to be a teacher), you are just annoying a lot of people on two different boards. If Elitedawgs had a downvote, I'm sure you'd be the downvote option here too. You're basically just a troll but a sadder version of one b/c you seem to actually think you have been doing something other than make the board less readable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    How are y'alls local governments addressing this with their functions and employees? My government (which is also my employer) hasn't done much other than cancelling public gatherings, parks & rec, and closing our Senior Center and After-school program.
    I have contact with probably 30-50 people a day, and my staff probably sees more than that (I oversee Planning, Building, Code Enforcement, and Historic Preservation) . Yet - we are being told we have to function as normal. It is somewhat disconcerting when you so many unknown interactions.
    Yeah, ours isn't doing much. Basically, we were told if anyone starts showing signs send them home for quaratine and testing... My response was if they are showing symptoms already then it's too late. They've probably already spread the infection. I even offered a staggered staffing plan with a sterilization policy between shifts so that all departments could continue working. Not interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    I will ask her, I'm not sure what type. Whatever dental hygienist use. I am not sure how often they change them out, I assume after each patient since you get blowback in your face when working. I'll double check with her

vCash
    It's coming tonight or tomorrow from the Governor's office.

ETA: Let me couch it like Coach34 - Unless something changes. Situation is fluid, yada, yada, yada. Sources blah blah blah.
    That's great news. Good work by the governor

vCash
    I said total beds, not ICU beds. I wasn't wrong, your very own article states the same thing I did. Your article argues that total beds are not really important. And that may be a great argument, but it is a different one that what I stated. But its cute that you will try so hard to find a gotcha moment. I am sure you will keep trying to find one. You will twist my comments. Which isn't surprising. I have triggered you. I'll wait on your next one

The good news is I see people in this thread now talking about the actual deaths going on and they are not really being met with much resistance now. I am glad to see that. I am seeing more and more people now start to realize hospital overflow will be an issues. The "its the media crowd" and "stop overreacting" bunch are slowing shutting up as they start to realize they were wrong. Hopefully I will not be need to scold them for much longer

Are you seriously trying to stroke your own ego right now?

You're one to talk about trying to find a gotcha moment. That's laughable.

vCash
    The good news is I see people in this thread now talking about the actual deaths going on and they are not really being met with much resistance now. I am glad to see that. I am seeing more and more people now start to realize hospital overflow will be an issues.
    I noticed this too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I noticed this too
    On Friday and over the weekend all of social media was flooded with post about it being a media thing or a political thing or overreaction.

Not seeing as many today.

Saw a lot of people talking about the shut downs and closures being bad.....today I'm starting to see them share info on social distancing.

So we are seeing a lot of 180 flips since Friday. Which is great great great news. Thankfully people are understanding.

Really good to see the urgency that seems to have taken place over the last 24 hours

vCash
    I went to the dentist yesterday and they did a screening on me (questionnaire, temp check) and then made me wait in my car until they were ready for me. And made me wash my hands when I got inside. My daughter was with me and they wouldn't even let me bring her in; she had to sit in the car the whole time.

vCash
    yeah my wife said they are taking temps at the one she is at before they come in. I believe they have someone literally outside the door doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    It means not grabbing a new mask before each patient. I think we as a country have like less than 2 weeks of masks available at the rate we should be using them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I'm not saying we are going to jump out of this by any means and I'm not trying to get political either but I would love to know how others feel about this. I have to say it sure feels like all the government regulations are being removed and we are about to see what the USA is really about when the private sector is able get going. I think we have to have the best of the best and these companies are about to get rolling making tests and PPE's and all this stuff that is needed.

Maybe I'm living on a dream cloud?? I tend to be optimistic and try to look for something good in times of turmoil.
    Without government intervention right now hospitals, airlines, banks, the service industry, etc... would all fail during this pandemic. 100's of millions of people would lose jobs. We have to have some level of regulation to protect the integrity of the system. That's what some people refuse to acknowledge despite it being an absolute truth. And this pandemic is proving that to once again be 1000% accurate.