Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usm/Will Hall

vCash

Usm/Will Hall

Did y?all see his post game interview? Went off on the lack of fan support, now I realize they barely have any fans or ticket sales at games but I?m thinking he just kissed his death wish. It?s best to focus what you have not what you can?t control as Usm hasn?t had much fan support in decades.
    My thing with his rant, he knew what he was getting into so start winning, it might help a little.

vCash
    Yeah he's tilting at windmills. Lack of fan supoort at usm is older than the pyramids. He knew what he was getting into. Like you said best to control what he can control, like winning games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he's tilting at windmills. Lack of fan supoort at usm is older than the pyramids. He knew what he was getting into. Like you said best to control what he can control, like winning games.
    He didn’t handle his complaint very well, he is in year two I think. His QB got injured, had not much of a backup plan. Lost in overtime time to Freeze.

vCash
    I haven't seen it but personally I don't have an issue with it. It's good to see a coach with a little passion and fire, at least one that's not throwing his players under the bus. He's a solid coach but he's probably not going to be Bobby Collins or Jeff Bower 2.0. CFB has just changed so much since those days.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    There is eleven mad USM fans now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    There is eleven mad USM fans now.
    Exactly! LOL

I just think he should have waited to explode on the “11”. Win a game first not after a loss, bad timing.

vCash
    USM was a decent G5 job at one point and it’s quickly become one of the worst jobs in the entire FBS. Hall is a good coach and seemingly a good fit for that kind of program, if he can’t win there then I’m not sure who can in the immediate future. It’s just a place with a ton of issues. Tiny budget, little fan support, and its recruiting base has been totally taken over by other Sun Belt type schools in the last decade.

vCash
    What the hell did he expect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    USM was a decent G5 job at one point and it’s quickly become one of the worst jobs in the entire FBS. Hall is a good coach and seemingly a good fit for that kind of program, if he can’t win there then I’m not sure who can in the immediate future. It’s just a place with a ton of issues. Tiny budget, little fan support, and its recruiting base has been totally taken over by other Sun Belt type schools in the last decade.
    Hopson completely skipped over recruiting MS, and in the meantime Memphis kept getting draftee after draftee from here.

vCash
    USM is done. He should shut up. It's embarrassing.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Will is a heckuva coach. When you look at the job they did on Saturday and almost beat Liberty, you gotta see he?s moving in the right direction. He?s a mature QB away from being an ?OK? G5 team. I think Keyes will be that for them, but he?s been thrown in the fire immediately and with young pieces around him too.
    I hope Keyes is good to go and they can find some depth there in the portal. I really do want to see Will do well, as much as I hate to see USM do well.

vCash
    The mature throwing QB is the key for sure.

vCash
    Yeah they dominated the game. Two turnovers inside the 5. 5 for the game. Qb was out for second half. He was frustrated. I get it. But it won't matter. Zero give a crap.

vCash
    USM blew that game and Will screwed himself several ways as well.

One is he didn?t address QB depth with the portal such that after his qb got hurt they had frank gore (starting rb) running qb most of the rest of the game.

Then the worst was with under 2 min, he?s got first and goal inside the 10 with the game tied. He could have run down the clock and kicked a fg to win or try to punch it in with very little time left.

I stress they score on the next play to go up 7 and then let Liberty have an 75 yard drive in 1:30 to tie it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    USM blew that game and Will screwed himself several ways as well.

One is he didn?t address QB depth with the portal such that after his qb got hurt they had frank gore (starting rb) running qb most of the rest of the game.

Then the worst was with under 2 min, he?s got first and goal inside the 10 with the game tied. He could have run down the clock and kicked a fg to win or try to punch it in with very little time left.

I stress they score on the next play to go up 7 and then let Liberty have an 75 yard drive in 1:30 to tie it.
    Pretty hard to get QB depth from the portal. Most Qbs are transferring because they want playing time.

vCash
    Was in Hattiesburg visiting a friend and he dragged me to their Spring game. I was super impressed with Zach Wilke. Looked like a future star with the way he was slinging it around. He will throw some freshman interceptions but Hall should at least get him 20 snaps against Miami.

vCash
    When you are new and trying to drum up support, attacking the support is not the best idea. He should have sent a friendly invite for more fans not an attack. Yeah like I'd want to go support a coach that just insulted me, oh and he is losing on top of that. Not going to end well for him if that is the trend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    The state of Mississippi should shut down any financial support for USM and focus more on the people's university in Starkvegas. ***sorta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    The state of Mississippi should shut down any financial support for USM and focus more on the people's university in Starkvegas. ***sorta.
    My sentience exactly! And while we are at it, shut down financial support for OM as well! ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Will is a heckuva coach. When you look at the job they did on Saturday and almost beat Liberty, you gotta see he?s moving in the right direction. He?s a mature QB away from being an ?OK? G5 team. I think Keyes will be that for them, but he?s been thrown in the fire immediately and with young pieces around him too.
    I hope Keyes is good to go and they can find some depth there in the portal. I really do want to see Will do well, as much as I hate to see USM do well.
    This. If USM plays like they did against Liberty they are going to be much improved. He took over a train wreck and so far appears to be doing his best to get it moving back on track. If he gets them to 6 or 7 wins this year that’s a great coaching job