Thread: Basketball Seating

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Basketball Seating

Alright athletic department, I am going to suggest something.
    After the first media timeout, around the 15 minute mark in the first half, all seats in the building should become fair game to the people that have general admission tickets.

If someone has your seat ticket and shows up late, politely say sorry and move to a different seat.

But for the entire lower bowl to be empty for a wednesday night game.... come on. It is simple. Let the upper bowl folks come on down if they want.

Seems like a dang easy way to get some energy near the court.

And it cost nothing.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    for sure this should be allowed. Like you say, if someone shows up with a ticket, you move. Otherwise you sit where you want after a certain amount of time.

vCash
    That makes way too much sense for our athletic department. Just like opening the grandstand at the Dude after the 3rd inning would make way too much sense.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    That makes way too much sense for our athletic department. Just like opening the grandstand at the Dude after the 3rd inning would make way too much sense.
    Look, the ticket is king. Someone shows up, you move. Simple as that. But man, we need the energy at the court.

Also, if the athletic department needs folks to sit on the courtside seats, they should just let me buy some of those seats. I would be there every single game.
    They look bad when they are 100% empty game in and out.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Several years ago(before Covid year) they were announcing an invitation for people sitting in the upper level to fill the vacant lower level seats. This was only done during the OOC games...not sure why they quit during SEC play but I was surprised by how any people did not take advantage of that invite. I have not heard them do that invite so far this year but I will pay attention tonight.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    for sure this should be allowed. Like you say, if someone shows up with a ticket, you move. Otherwise you sit where you want after a certain amount of time.
    Why is this so hard to understand? Do those in charge want a home court advantage for STATE or do they not? 17 you John Cohen if you subscribe to this dumbassedry and assholedry.

Our team and fans deserves better. Make the change NOW! Fan friendly will pay off X 10000
    Last edited by OLJWales; 11-17-2021 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    A competent AD would send this out to season ticket holders when ordering tickets and then again with tickets, as well as make all fans aware of this before the first game. However, LT part deaux doesn?t communicate squat with fans and only cares about the cigar boys that protect his incompetent self.

Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Why is this so hard to understand? Do those in charge want a home court advantage for STATE or do they not? 17 you John Cohen if you subscribe to this dumbassedry and assholedry.

Our team and fans deserves better. Make the change NOW! Fan friendly will pay off X 10000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I can't think of a downside to allowing this.

vCash
    I didn't hear them announce it, but after the game I spoke to the assistant AD and he said they are allowing people to fill the lower section seats...show up and enjoy some prime seats for the time being!

vCash
    Why no response to the confirmation that they are doing the very thing y'all asked for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I can't think of a downside to allowing this.
    Making a blue hair froth and foam?**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Why no response to the confirmation that they are doing the very thing y'all asked for?
    Late 2nd half pics needed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Late 2nd half pics needed
    So you had no intention of going in the first place...
    Last edited by MCsMGs; 11-19-2021 at 07:02 AM.

vCash
    Watching college basketball tonight and I've seen alot of stands mostly full. We have to get behind our teams guys, win or lose! I hate seeing people saying "If they win, the fans will return" that's a horrible mindset, give these kids fan support win or lose. The hump should be rocking every game, if these other teams can get it, we can too
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 11-19-2021 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Watching college basketball tonight and I've seen alot of stands mostly full. We have to get behind our teams guys, win or lose! I hate seeing people saying "If they win, the fans will return" that's a horrible mindset, give these kids fan support win or lose. The hump should be rocking every game, if these other teams can get it, we can too
    Great points...but some have got to keep the narrative alive even if it hurts their team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Great points...but some have got to keep the narrative alive even if it hurts their team.
    Someone mentioned allowing folks to use vacant seats around the 15 minute mark. Heck, lets give everyone until 10 minutes deep in each game to get in their seats. Then, they are all open for use.

Not such a big deal for lower level not being full in first half but would be great for it to be full in the 2nd half during crunch time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Someone mentioned allowing folks to use vacant seats around the 15 minute mark. Heck, lets give everyone until 10 minutes deep in each game to get in their seats. Then, they are all open for use.

Not such a big deal for lower level not being full in first half but would be great for it to be full in the 2nd half during crunch time.
    They were announcing the opportunity to move to the lower level at the first TV timeout the last couple of years before Covid last year. This year people have been moving into those seats not long after tip-off.