Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 major sports, GOAT.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bonds was the absolute best hitter this world has ever seen for like 3 consecutive seasons. He did it against far superior pitchers than anything the Babe ever batted against. I am not saying he is the best ever player to play the game, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could be better than Ruth. Ruth literally played for two of the best franchises in the history of sports, Boston and NYY.

If I had to call a single player as the best ever to suit up, I say Mickey Mantle in his prime prior to injuries. I never saw him play, but the dude from all indication was the real deal in every aspect. Imagine if the dude had physically prepared for baseball along with not doing crazy shit between games and the off season.
    Don't know if you noticed but Boston was a great franchise while Ruth was there and then went in a looonggg slump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Don't know if you noticed but Boston was a great franchise while Ruth was there and then went in a looonggg slump.
    The Curse you say**

vCash
    THis entire thread and not a single mention of Ted Willaims? Maybe the greatest hitter ever??

vCash
    I think Trout will be up there in that discussion before it's all said and done. The only knock against him is that the Angels most always suck. If he starts winning championships, then I'll think he'll start to cement himself as one of, if not the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    THis entire thread and not a single mention of Ted Willaims? Maybe the greatest hitter ever??
    Along with Ty Cobb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Bonds is better than the Babe
    Have you considering the Babe as a pitcher?

Posted before I read past your post.
    Last edited by Percho; 05-05-2020 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    Definitely the greatest hitter and a true American hero too. If he hadn't of lost so much time in military service his numbers would be staggering. He was a good defender with an average arm and average speed. Ol' Teddy Ballgame could sure rake though and knew more about hitting than anyone alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Just from players that I have watched on TV.

Basketball : MJ - LeBron is great but MJ was also consistently one of the best defensive players in the league.

Football: I don't like Brady but the guy has the rings. His seasons in Tampa are going to define his legacy. Does he need Bill's coaching and team building to win?

Baseball: Bonds on roids is about as dominant a hitter that you will find but I give Trout the overall nod. Pitchers are better now along with his base stealing and defense is better than roided up Bonds.
    Trout isn't near Bonds. He's really good but he's not that.

You can pitch to Trout. Not Bonds
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    How many books and movies will be made about or even that bring up Bonds name?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If he did,he sucked at it.
    Like Raffy?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Definitely the greatest hitter and a true American hero too. If he hadn't of lost so much time in military service his numbers would be staggering. He was a good defender with an average arm and average speed. Ol' Teddy Ballgame could sure rake though and knew more about hitting than anyone alive.
    His career BA and hr totals are amazing, especially considering the lost time. Only, once since then has there been a really legit chance for someone to hit 400 and that was Brett in 80.

vCash
    I'm partial to Mickey myself(and I hate the yankees), the man just had a lot of demons. I met him a couple times and he just seemed like a good ol' country boy(of course he was sober when I met him and I understand when he was drunk his personality totally changed). I've got some pretty cool autographed stuff from him. The Mick is the definition of "what could've been".
    According to Sonny, the Mick wouldn't pay your rent if you needed him to.***

Taken from the Movie "A Bronx Tale"

vCash
    His career BA and hr totals are amazing, especially considering the lost time. Only, once since then has there been a really legit chance for someone to hit 400 and that was Brett in 80.
    Lost 5 prime years to military service and he didn't take the easy assignment he could have. He applied for V-5 to become a fighter pilot and served in WWII and Korean war. Projected stats if he didn't lose those 5 years:

Williams would have hit .342 with 3,452 hits, 663 home runs and 2,380 RBI. Those numbers would have lifted him from 69th to sixth in career hits; from 18th to fourth in home runs; and from 13th to first in runs batted in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    According to Sonny, the Mick wouldn't pay your rent if you needed him to.***

Taken from the Movie "A Bronx Tale"
    Love that movie!

vCash
    Lost 5 prime years to military service and he didn't take the easy assignment he could have. He applied for V-5 to become a fighter pilot and served in WWII and Korean war. Projected stats if he didn't lose those 5 years:

Williams would have hit .342 with 3,452 hits, 663 home runs and 2,380 RBI. Those numbers would have lifted him from 69th to sixth in career hits; from 18th to fourth in home runs; and from 13th to first in runs batted in.
    That's a Marine combat fighter pilot. Thought I'd correct before TUSK and Jack jumped into your 4th point of contact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    That's a Marine combat fighter pilot. Thought I'd correct before TUSK and Jack jumped into your 4th point of contact.
    That's correct. American Hero, Baseball Hero.

vCash
    An argument could also be made that based on just sheer talent that Mays and Mantle were Bonds equivalent.
    I agree about Mantle. He was a tremendous talent. Even with all his injuries, being taped up, etc., he could still run to 1st base in 3.1 seconds. I don't think it was any baseball players better than he was-just my opinion.

vCash
    I still wonder 2 things about Jr. 1. How many HRs would've he have hit in 94 and how many would he have hit if he didn't get hurt and also stayed in Seattle?

vCash
    I recall opposing teams would do the "Ted Williams shift" against him. It didn't faze Williams, though. He would still get base hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree about Mantle. He was a tremendous talent. Even with all his injuries, being taped up, etc., he could still run to 1st base in 3.1 seconds. I don't think it was any baseball players better than he was-just my opinion.
    He was an amazing athlete. Recruited by OU to play football, he may well have been the best HS football player in the country as well as baseball. He could literally do everything, accept take care of his body. He was so freaking fast, Commerce Comet lol!