Thread: Something strange happened last night...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    It?s because we didn?t win a game the other team was trying to lose to us.
    For 3 quarters LSU was trying to lose that game and then we gave them life and the old LSU came back and throat stomped us.
    It?s one thing to lose a game, it?s another to lose a game that was yours for the taking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    For 3 quarters LSU was trying to lose that game and then we gave them life and the old LSU came back and throat stomped us.
    It?s one thing to lose a game, it?s another to lose a game that was yours for the taking.
    This^^

But I expected a 6 win season going in so I’m not as crushed as some of you seem to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    This^^

But I expected a 6 win season going in so I’m not as crushed as some of you seem to be.
    The people thinking we were winning 10 had maroon glasses on. That was never ever in play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The people thinking we were winning 10 had maroon glasses on. That was never ever in play.
    It's fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think a whole lot of people have convinced themselves that LSU is a train wreck. When it boils down to it, LSU will always have a ton of athletes - especially at WR, DB and DE - and athletes well coached (and for all his faults, Brian Kelly has proven over time that he is a good coach) can take over games and win. And frankly, we don't have the athletes that LSU does. We have some good ones - but not in the volume of LSU. Everyone saw last night why we needed Nabors. Everyone saw last night how a guy like BJ Ojulari can take over a game.

LSU isn't a 12 win team - but they aren't a 6-6 team either.
    It seems that more often than not LSU is good 2+ 4th qtr TDs no matter what the score and situation may be. And their WRs always switch on video game mode late in the game no matter if they've been great or terrible all game. We saw that yet again. We, that is MSU, often have to dominate LSU to so much as barely beat them. 2017 was an awesome exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's fact
    Cowbell's comment wa in relation to maroon glasses, which I was definitely weaing.

I know Airbone is designed to try to mitigate talent gap somewhat by forcing the elites to have fewer D-lineman.

After a somewhat naive hiatus, I'm back to my original thinking.

Barring 2-3 SEC programs per season (Will often Bama plus 1-2 of LSU, UGA, FLA) that can afford to just have a QB stand behind a stone wall OL and play old school style, anyone else must have a credible running threat at QB to have any hope of being truly competitive and seek 9-10 wins.

In other words, you may appear to have an offense without one, but it's an illusion against the lesser competition. Without a running QB, YOU DON'T HAVE AN OFFENSE. It's a 10 vs 11 situation without one. Oh, you might can step up and win 8 games with a Tyler Russel or Wilt Rogers, but you aren't actually competing.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 09-18-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    It seems that more often than not LSU is good 2+ 4th qtr TDs no matter what the score and situation may be. And their WRs always switch on video game mode late in the game no matter if they've been great or terrible all game. We saw that yet again. We, that is MSU, often have to dominate LSU to so much as barely beat them. 2017 was an awesome exception.

Cowbell's comment wa in relation to maroon glasses, which I was definitely weaing.

I know Airbone is designed to try to mitigate talent gap somewhat by forcing the elites to have fewer D-lineman.

After a somewhat naive hiatus, I'm back to my original thinking.

Barring 2-3 SEC programs per season (Will often Bama plus 1-2 of LSU, UGA, FLA) that can afford to just have a QB stand behind a stone wall OL and play old school style, anyone else must have a credible running threat at QB to have any hope of being truly competitive and seek 9-10 wins.

In other words, you may appear to have an offense without one, but it's an illusion against the lesser competition. Without a running QB, YOU DON'T HAVE AN OFFENSE. It's a 10 vs 11 situation without one. Oh, you might can step up and win 8 games with a Tyler Russel or Wilt Rogers, but you aren't actually competing.
    What you are saying is true but it also varies in degrees or shades........you don’t need Michael Vick or even jalen hurts. You have Will Rogers lack of mobility on one end and J Daniels on the other end of the spectrum. A guy who can avoid a sack, roll out, throw on the run and run ten yards for a first down could be Robertson or Locke and would take a ton of pressure off the O line.

Parsons would be ideal but just having the athleticism of Minshew would be a huge difference. Quick release and a cannon for an arm are also skills that offset lack of mobility. It makes it really tough when you have neither.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    What you are saying is true but it also varies in degrees or shades........you don’t need Michael Vick or even jalen hurts. You have Will Rogers lack of mobility on one end and J Daniels on the other end of the spectrum. A guy who can avoid a sack, roll out, throw on the run and run ten yards for a first down could be Robertson or Locke and would take a ton of pressure off the O line.

Parsons would be ideal but just having the athleticism of Minshew would be a huge difference. Quick release and a cannon for an arm are also skills that offset lack of mobility. It makes it really tough when you have neither.
    If 2018 Gardner Minshew played last night , we would have won by 3 touchdowns. Ill die on that hill. Will's immobility kills us .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I think after 3 quarters when it got dark and the crowd was inebriated and got really loud, we got nervous and lost focus. LSU got fired up and our W/Rs dropped some easy passses that could have turned the game in our favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I think after 3 quarters when it got dark and the crowd was inebriated and got really loud, we got nervous and lost focus. LSU got fired up and our W/Rs dropped some easy passses that could have turned the game in our favor.
    Rara dropped a touchdown pass b/c he knew he had it and didn't secure the ball before turning up field. Stupid mistake that could have made it 23-7.