Thread: Our potential weekend rotation

vCash

Our potential weekend rotation

vCash
    Cerantola has to throw more strikes to be a factor. Walked more than innings pitched in the Fall & has never had a BB/IP rate below 5 per 9 IP.

That won't cut it & he won't be a factor on this team unless he gets his BB/P at 4 per 9 or lower
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Macleod is the unquestioned ace of the staff. There's zero doubt about it. He's the Friday night guy you need in this league. After that is where it gets interesting. We have A LOT of talented arms and we've just got to find where to place them. I mean Bednar, Wild Thing, Harding, Koestler, and Brandon Smith could all be weekend starters. And these are just the returning guys. I think guys like Stone Simmons and Cameron Tullar could also find their way into that conversation. We're deep so enough arms won't be the problem. Just have to get the right combo.

vCash
    I am just excited that next year we will have two guys with the first name STONE playing baseball at State. That has to be a record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Cerantola has to throw more strikes to be a factor. Walked more than innings pitched in the Fall & has never had a BB/IP rate below 5 per 9 IP.

That won't cut it & he won't be a factor on this team unless he gets his BB/P at 4 per 9 or lower
    This. Bednar is the two and we have plenty of options to take over for EC if he can't command the zone. But I hope he does. Makes us better.

vCash
    If you dont know it, remember this kid's name: K.C. Hunt
    https://youtu.be/4pVU9DjbskA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I hope the light clicks for him because he's got elite stuff. If I remember correctly, when he had to throw a strike, he'd rely on his breaking ball. Meaning it's his fastball that's the issue.

I think he gets the nod for Sundays to start out, but he'll be on a very short leash. Just too much talent waiting behind him for us to keep trotting a loose cannon out there.

vCash
    Bednar would be the Friday night starter on a lot of SEC weekend rotations this year. He’s our Saturday guy.

vCash
    Cerantola does not need to be great (first weekend) for the rotation to be great. He could click in late like Zac Houston or become a middle reliever with clean inning starts

The catchers also mention Stinnett as a significant talent. D1 baseball raved about him and KC Hunt
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 12-19-2020 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Cerantola does not need to be great (first weekend) for the rotation to be great. He could click in late like Zac Houston or become a middle reliever with clean inning starts

The catchers also mention Stinnett as a significant talent. D1 baseball raved about him and KC Hunt
    I hope he clicks like Chris Stratton or Dakota Hudson.

vCash
    If Cerantola does put it all together, he’s a potentially our best starter, and that is saying quite a lot.

vCash
    How's Blake Smith doing? Had really high hopes for him before TJ

vCash
    Bednar was pretty impressive at times last year as a true freshman. His stuff is obvious. I’m not going to talk about Cerantola anymore.

I am getting way ahead of myself here, but how does vandy’s depth compare to ours? They have 2 starters (rocker and lighter) in the top 10 so they have an edge over us there.

The key is for our offense to be a little better that we are expecting. It is possible that James at SS could have numbers as good or better than Westburg. 2B is where we are going to see a definite drop off in offense.

And we need TA to be decent defensively in the outfield. He was showing signs of a potential Barnum and Bailey act on fly balls before he got hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    How's Blake Smith doing? Had really high hopes for him before TJ
    Do you mean Spencer Price? Blake graduated a couple of years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do you mean Spencer Price? Blake graduated a couple of years ago.
    Sorry, BRANDON Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Bednar was pretty impressive at times last year as a true freshman. His stuff is obvious. I’m not going to talk about Cerantola anymore.

I am getting way ahead of myself here, but how does vandy’s depth compare to ours? They have 2 starters (rocker and lighter) in the top 10 so they have an edge over us there.

The key is for our offense to be a little better that we are expecting. It is possible that James at SS could have numbers as good or better than Westburg. 2B is where we are going to see a definite drop off in offense.

And we need TA to be decent defensively in the outfield. He was showing signs of a potential Barnum and Bailey act on fly balls before he got hurt.
    Candy's top two guys are better than our top two but we're better depth wise IMO. Problem is two elite starters is enough to win a series. But the gap isn't so big that we can't compete and have a chance to win a series against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Sorry, BRANDON Smith
    Oh! He's looked Ok and is still rehabbing. Should be ready with a strict pitch count by the spring.

vCash
    Pitching will be outstanding for awhile. 2021 class has Pico Kohn to boot. Should be exciting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I hope he clicks like Chris Stratton or Dakota Hudson.
    Remind me, DH was more wild in the zone than purely wild.

vCash
    I just hope we can actually have a season and not some hybrid schedule and/or have it cancelled like last year.