vCash

So long, Farewell

Goodbye Lemonis. Bless your hearts. Thanks for the memories

vCash
    He ain't going anywhere unfortunately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If he doesn't turn it around next season, I think it has potential to set our program back big time.

vCash
    Yeah. We finished 13th, so improved from last season. If we sustain that rate, he'll have us in first place twelve years from now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he doesn't turn it around next season, I think it has potential to set our program back big time.
    Idk how much further we can be set back tbh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not sure we even recover now. I remember when playing Vandy, UT, Ole Miss, and BAMA.... were very easy wins. May never see those days again.

vCash
    Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.

vCash
    He better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.
    I can see him taking that job. Would do very well there. BAMA could host this year.....gonna be close and would be a rare feat indeed for them. McConnell would likely awaken that sleeping giant elephant baseball program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That'd be our damn luck.

Try to hire the man last time, but we end up hiring his best friend, so now it eliminates him as a candidate for us this time, but hey, he's gonna go to a division rival that is a significantly lesser program than us.

Damn.

vCash
    MSU baseball glory days are behind them now that 15% of the NCAA have actually decide to invest in baseball.

vCash
    People are understating just how bad these last 2 years have been. We should never miss a Regional, but if we did like once a decade and it was because the team really wasn't that bad but just unlucky, so be it.

But doing it twice in a row, and not even making Hoover, and being really bad in so many statistical categories to the degree that we can't blame bad luck, just isn't acceptable for any program that considers itself elite.

Only 4 fanbases in the country care about baseball, and we care the most of the 4. We simply can't allow Lemonis to have another year of this. Like I said, if we had just barely missed back-to-back Regionals due mostly to bad luck, I could see the argument for giving him a 3rd year, but when we're not even close twice in a row, it's time to move on.

We may not get a "splash hire," but the last 2 seasons have been SO BAD that any reasonably competent coach would be an improvement, and there are plenty of those who will gladly take our job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    MSU baseball glory days are behind them now that 15% of the NCAA have actually decide to invest in baseball.
    Disagree. We still care as a fanbase, as evidenced by setting the attendance record in this of all years. We should be in the hosting mix every year (I'll forgive occasional slipups, but not back-to-back missing Hoover), and will continue to be. We'll continue get players to make us competitive, we just need the coaching to match it.

vCash
    The entire SEC invests in baseball except Mizzou. Even UGA is about to put 50 million into their program. And Texas and Oklahoma are coming.

vCash
    Schools are investing more with baseball, but we're still top 5-10 when it comes to financial support

vCash
    That'd be our damn luck.

Th
    Try to hire the man last time, but we end up hiring his best friend, so now it eliminates him as a candidate for us this time, but hey, he's gonna go to a division rival that is a significantly lesser program than us.

Damn.
    There is not anything lesser about Bama if they decide to put the money into it.

vCash
    Louisville has been pretty average for a few years now.

vCash
    A&M are about to put 108 million into their stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    There is not anything lesser about Bama if they decide to put the money into it.
    Isn?t One of State?s worst SEC record against the Gumps? Of course it is that way in every sport. Why anyone would think there is a rivalry between State and Bama is soiling themselves in public.

vCash
    Looking at getting run ruled in our final game. Just gonna leave that right there.