Thread: Cohen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    People are looking for reasons to not like Cohen other than his coaching hires. They seem to think that adding all this together will force him to be fired. Look, the bottom line is as others have stated 100+ times at this point since the day Mike Leach was hired, Cohen has tied his job security to Mike Leach. Nothing else he does has as big of an impact as football does. If Leach has another bad season then Cohen will be on the hot seat. A bad year 3 and Cohen will be gone. It's truly that simple. No AD is given the chance to hire 3 football or MBB coaches.
    I think there is a also a segment that is still anti-Cohen because of the whole Polk-in-waiting Raffo thing. Polk and Cohen seemed to have gotten past it - but if there is one thing MSU fans can be good at it is holding onto an irrational grudge for forever.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think there is a also a segment that is still anti-Cohen because of the whole Polk-in-waiting Raffo thing. Polk and Cohen seemed to have gotten past it - but if there is one thing MSU fans can be good at it is holding onto an irrational grudge for forever.
    I feel like even the most ardent Polk lifers have gotten past that one. I think pre 2011 you would be correct. I even think a majority of the fan base was ready to fire him if he didn't get to the tournament that year. However, you could be right. I know there's definitely still some that think he was the reason we got rid of the original LFL and haven't forgiven him for it. I really think the core of the resentment for Cohen is how the "AD Search" was handled. A lot of people feel like he was just given the job without really interviewing anyone else. Now I don't know who all was interviewed as part of the search, but it does seem like Cohen was settled on pretty quickly into the process. Again, that's no inside knowledge just my opinion.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-30-2021 at 01:02 PM.