Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
Did I say players are blindly loyal to their coaches?

I said they?re often too involved - meaning they sometimes have an opinion of a coach and his ability that reflects their personal relationship with the coach or some other circumstance that biases them or makes them unable to fully assess the coach?s ability. Also, just because they play on the team does not make them a good judge of the coaching and it?s ability to produce good results.

I?m just saying, we should never base a coaching decision solely or even primarily on what the players think.
Not sure how else you want me to take this quote- "Players aren?t the best at assessing a coach?s ability. They?re too close and too personally involved in the situation."

At any rate- you're still wrong. Players have the best insight IMO because they are around it the most and they have by far the most to gain or lose by the coach being good or bad. They also know and understand both the game and industry- something many of our fans clearly don't. If it were up to our fans they would be royally ****ing up our baseball program right now and most of them are too ignorant to understand it. Many of them are very close to our program- a lot closer than most of us ever are- and they have more insight into the inner workings of everything more than the casual fan. We have too many fans that throw childish temper tantrums because we lose a game and over half the time they're blaming the wrong thing.

Let me say this- when I'm around MLB players I listen when it comes to baseball.

At the end of the day this is a business and that business is winning games. If Lemonis doesn't do it enough he will be gone. Everyone in baseball from MLB down understands and gets that including Lemonis. It's really not that personal.